North American Midway Entertainment Employee Reviews in United States

traveling with NAMW
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJune 11, 2016
Traveling with this company is the most family building job I've ever work for these people are truly family out here on the road. lots of things go on that you would never understand or know about I build so many relationships on the road with this company it was amazing would go back if I had no job or could not get the job I desire.
Pros
free food and stay teaveling
Cons
long hours in sun
Great job even better pay
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
I honestly loved going to work everyday (I had two jobs at the time and I referred to this one as playtime). I became friends with the other employees and several of the supervisors. Although it is a job where you have a lot of "unsupervised" work and it's easy to get off task that was never a problem for my coworkers and I. Working with NAME helped me build my customer service skills and it even helped me become more aware of whats going on around me (we had to maintain safety at all times). Our supervisor made sure that we knew when we needed to come to work, when to take our breaks and was overall a great resource to all of us. Literally my work day was comprised of either two one hour breaks or an hour and a half hour break, telling children they needed mom or dad to ride with them, explaining how riders are expected to behave on the ride and occasionally cleaning the ride when it rained. I'm definitely looking forward to working with NAME again in the future.
Pros
Cons
Not enough employee shade
It is fun ,hard work and long hours
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INJune 9, 2015
It is a cool place to work at you setup rides and operat them you meet a lot of funny & weird people on the rode . Management is ok and sum time co - workers can get snappy at one a nother but it is all good at the end of the day
Pros
Traveling a lot
Cons
Do not have a lot of time for yourself
Loved My Job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 18, 2015
I loved working at North American Midway Entertainment.
The reason for leaving was because the corporate office was moved to Indiana. The best perk of all was getting into the Mississippi State Fair for free and riding all the rides at no charge.
Great company
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INApril 13, 2015
Working with North American Midway, taught me how to handle with unhappy patrons and operator heavy machinery. As well to drive a forklift. Working with great people.
great experience
Amenities (Former Employee) –  texas americaMarch 21, 2015
loved every second would go back but am looking for a new adventure. the hours are really long but you are in a fun environment and time flies by.
Pros
acoomadation
Fair life is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 11, 2015
We traveled a lot at work, but that made the job even more interesting. Being paid commission was really nice because some days I would make $20 a day and other days I would make $600. I had so much fun at this job. It was very laid back, but also we had to work hard.
Great experience ,Meeting new people all the time
Operator and Ride Foreman (Former Employee) –  usaMarch 5, 2015
* a Day at work always starts with ride safety inspections and preventative maintenance and provided a great learning experience ,mechanical as well as ride safety procedures and customer relations.The management system functions like a corporate family with good relations towards all the managers and supervisors .The nice part of having co workers was the diversity being able to work with Mexicans ,Americans and South Africans. Being on the job wasn't always a walk in the park ,in my experience ,setting up at a new spot was the worst as every one would always still be tired from the previous days work but with each set up we would find it more rewarding on tear down ( packing up the rides) every one would be excited to move on to the next spot and the friendly competition between the rides also gave us a lot of motivation
Pros
free housing
Cons
long hours and alot of traveling
Educational and "once in a lifetime"
Technician (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 3, 2015
It was great, something out of the ordinary. Seeing places and things one can only see on TV or movies. It was a great experience seeing all of that but missing home was the worst.
Pros
experience that i could only dream of.
Cons
far away from home
Great Opportunity to learn and travel
Automatic Ticket Machine and ATM operation (Former Employee) –  I worked & travelled the USAJanuary 27, 2015
I worked long hours but enjoyed as no day was ever the same.
I learned how to work with US dollars and to count and balance large ammounts of money.
I learned how to manage the ATM operation, Load money, programme ATM, test and print reports.
I learned how to Manage the operation of the automatic ticket machine operation.
I had to interview and hire employees to assist customers on the machines
The hardest part of the job was the hours as sometimes i would work double shifts and finish late due to the ammount of money we had to count and balance before we could leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being chosen to run a new venture for the company which the the Auto-mated ticket operation.
Pros
company provided free accomodation and transport
N.A.M.E
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 4, 2014
Wake up , Shave Shower and Change into Neat Uniform, Performing Inspections on my ride before we opened to the public , I learned to deal with all types of customers , learnt to always put them first ... The hardest part was the long hours , operating the ride and on the last day when the fair closes you don't go sleep , you break everything down into the next morning with little or no sleep travelling to the next place... I enjoyed travelling and seeing 9 different states and Meeting lots of different people as well as learning about the American Culture ....
Pros
travelling different statez
Cons
the salary was minimal for the long hours we worked
not just a job but a way of life
operations manager (Former Employee) –  jackson,ms.September 23, 2014
I started at the bottom with long days of hard physical work.
I quickly worked my way up to management. A typical work day was 12 hours ,some were longer. we worked 7 days a week for
11 months a year. we had 1 month off. no holidays or sick days.
there wasn't a day that went by that i did not learn something new.The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the months away from home.the most rewardable part of the job was when we would open in a state fair to see all the equipment
operating properly ,and see all the employees looking and acting professional.
Pros
learned so much in so many areas
Cons
consumed all of your time, no social life
Its a mans world
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 21, 2014
This job would be more suited to a male, it was very gender biased
Traveling Amusement
Rides Operator; Break Personal; Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day of carnival life. Begins waking up early within the morning; getting ready for the day ahead of ones self. Going to your Rides and Inspecting them to make sure they are properly maintained for use latter on in the early afternoon to midnight for customers enjoyment and admusement. About 1/2 hour to a hour for a break to freshen up, eat, and to be back at work so that your customers have a eventful and joyful day while visiting the admusement park.
Pros
traveling with in the usa and canada
Cons
long hours, lack of sleep
Foreman of the ride
Ride Operator/Mechanical Maintenance Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 24, 2013
Set up and tear down the ride every week to two weeks.
Maintain the up keep of the ride.
Operated the ride.
I learned a lot about team work.
Daily inspection if something broke I fixed it.
Had to train people every week for temporary help.
work and lived a long side co-workers
the hardest part was working in the rain fast and safely at the same time.
most enjoyable being able to make people smile and have a great time.
Pros
worked with music, good customers
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, insurance
good job
Irrigation Installer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSMay 7, 2013
very special company to work with! i had a chance to travel and see outside MS and the people are fun to work with
Good way to travel the United States
Games operator (Former Employee) –  Accross the united statesFebruary 8, 2013
Long Hours
Small Living Quarters
Good Way to travel around the united states while you work
meet new people all the time
hard work but fun.
Pros
gave insentives for good work
Cons
long hours for minimum wage
Live Experience
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  AmericaJanuary 3, 2013
Long hours , but you get to see the world. Very hard work and you need to be commited
Pros
see america
fun please to work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJuly 13, 2012
wish i could go back to for them ,hope the new owner makes life ease for the employees