North American Midway Entertainment

North American Midway Entertainment Employee Reviews

Loved My Job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSMay 18, 2015
I loved working at North American Midway Entertainment.
The reason for leaving was because the corporate office was moved to Indiana. The best perk of all was getting into the Mississippi State Fair for free and riding all the rides at no charge.
Great company
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Farmland, INApril 13, 2015
Working with North American Midway, taught me how to handle with unhappy patrons and operator heavy machinery. As well to drive a forklift. Working with great people.
great experience
Amenities (Former Employee), texas americaMarch 21, 2015
Pros: acoomadation
Cons: long hours
loved every second would go back but am looking for a new adventure. the hours are really long but you are in a fun environment and time flies by.
Fair life is good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 11, 2015
We traveled a lot at work, but that made the job even more interesting. Being paid commission was really nice because some days I would make $20 a day and other days I would make $600. I had so much fun at this job. It was very laid back, but also we had to work hard.
Great experience ,Meeting new people all the time
Operator and Ride Foreman (Former Employee), usaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free housing
Cons: long hours and alot of traveling
* a Day at work always starts with ride safety inspections and preventative maintenance and provided a great learning experience ,mechanical as well as ride safety procedures and customer relations.The management system functions like a corporate family with good relations towards all the managers and supervisors .The nice part of having co workers was the diversity being able to work with Mexicans ,Americans and South Africans. Being on the job wasn't always a walk in the park ,in my experience ,setting up at a new spot was the worst as every one would always still be tired from the previous days work but with each set up we would find it more rewarding on tear down ( packing up the rides) every one would be excited to move on to the next spot and the friendly competition between the rides also gave us a lot of motivation
Educational and "once in a lifetime"
Technician (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: experience that i could only dream of.
Cons: far away from home
It was great, something out of the ordinary. Seeing places and things one can only see on TV or movies. It was a great experience seeing all of that but missing home was the worst.
Great Opportunity to learn and travel
Automatic Ticket Machine and ATM operation (Former Employee), I worked & travelled the USAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company provided free accomodation and transport
Cons: long hours
I worked long hours but enjoyed as no day was ever the same.
I learned how to work with US dollars and to count and balance large ammounts of money.
I learned how to manage the ATM operation, Load money, programme ATM, test and print reports.
I learned how to Manage the operation of the automatic ticket machine operation.
I had to interview and hire employees to assist customers on the machines
The hardest part of the job was the hours as sometimes i would work double shifts and finish late due to the ammount of money we had to count and balance before we could leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being chosen to run a new venture for the company which the the Auto-mated ticket operation.
N.A.M.E
Ride Operator (Former Employee), ILDecember 4, 2014
Pros: travelling different statez
Cons: the salary was minimal for the long hours we worked
Wake up , Shave Shower and Change into Neat Uniform, Performing Inspections on my ride before we opened to the public , I learned to deal with all types of customers , learnt to always put them first ... The hardest part was the long hours , operating the ride and on the last day when the fair closes you don't go sleep , you break everything down into the next morning with little or no sleep travelling to the next place... I enjoyed travelling and seeing 9 different states and Meeting lots of different people as well as learning about the American Culture ....
not just a job but a way of life
operations manager (Former Employee), jackson,ms.September 23, 2014
Pros: learned so much in so many areas
Cons: consumed all of your time, no social life
I started at the bottom with long days of hard physical work.
I quickly worked my way up to management. A typical work day was 12 hours ,some were longer. we worked 7 days a week for
11 months a year. we had 1 month off. no holidays or sick days.
there wasn't a day that went by that i did not learn something new.The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the months away from home.the most rewardable part of the job was when we would open in a state fair to see all the equipment
operating properly ,and see all the employees looking and acting professional.
Its a mans world
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Barrington, ILApril 21, 2014
This job would be more suited to a male, it was very gender biased
Traveling Amusement
Rides Operator; Break Personal; Ticket Seller (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: traveling with in the usa and canada
Cons: long hours, lack of sleep
A typical day of carnival life. Begins waking up early within the morning; getting ready for the day ahead of ones self. Going to your Rides and Inspecting them to make sure they are properly maintained for use latter on in the early afternoon to midnight for customers enjoyment and admusement. About 1/2 hour to a hour for a break to freshen up, eat, and to be back at work so that your customers have a eventful and joyful day while visiting the admusement park.
Foreman of the ride
Ride Operator/Mechanical Maintenance Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: worked with music, good customers
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, insurance
Set up and tear down the ride every week to two weeks.
Maintain the up keep of the ride.
Operated the ride.
I learned a lot about team work.
Daily inspection if something broke I fixed it.
Had to train people every week for temporary help.
work and lived a long side co-workers
the hardest part was working in the rain fast and safely at the same time.
most enjoyable being able to make people smile and have a great time.
good job
Irrigation Installer (Former Employee), Brandon, MSMay 7, 2013
very special company to work with! i had a chance to travel and see outside MS and the people are fun to work with
Good way to travel the United States
Games operator (Former Employee), Accross the united statesFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: gave insentives for good work
Cons: long hours for minimum wage
Long Hours
Small Living Quarters
Good Way to travel around the united states while you work
meet new people all the time
hard work but fun.
Live Experience
Ride operator (Former Employee), AmericaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: see america
Cons: long hours
Long hours , but you get to see the world. Very hard work and you need to be commited
fun please to work
Foreman (Former Employee), Gibsonton, FLJuly 13, 2012
wish i could go back to for them ,hope the new owner makes life ease for the employees

North American Midway Entertainment Photos

I helped with setup and tearing down of this ride it was a very fun experience.