North American Midway Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun work invirement
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 22, 2017
The company is one of the biggest carnival companies in America, I enjoyed working for them and learned everyday so much not just in the company but about other cultures as well. Working overseas is a life changing experience, so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone and conquered this for two years.
Productive, fast paced and friendly people
Server (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton on the Bay, FLMay 4, 2017
The traveling from state to state and friendly faces will truly be missed. It was a very exciting, well maintaied and adventurous job. Working with people from all across the world was something that I really enjoyed living with them and experiencing different cultures.
Pros
Being rewarded for doing an excellent job.
A great place to work as long as you don't get involved in the everyday drama
Concession Stand Worker (Current Employee) –  USAApril 9, 2017
Great hours. ..good pay....free housing. ..free rides ...stay out of trouble and all will be wonderful.. This is my second season with NAME came back because it is a good company
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Short sonetimes no breaks
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers.
Ride Operator & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Byram, MS 39272January 15, 2017
Every day was a new experience filled with joyful surprises. I learned a lot at N.A.M.E. From technical work to customer care. The management and co-workers were a delight to work with. The hardest part of the job was setting up the rides, and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday and exploring new things everyday.
Pros
Fair lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Not always sure where I stand
Ride Operator And Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INJanuary 13, 2017
Its an awesome job to work overseas with but the long hours and harsh living conditions make it a tough job to do , management can be cruel at times and the salary is not always amazing and changes from week to week.
Pros
Good Cash
Cons
Long Hours
Supervise Employees
Ride Supervisor/Welder/Driver/Manager/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 11, 2016
Typical day starts early to motivate crews to get repairs and installations done. Work is almost 24hrs a day. Coworkers are great to work with. Hard part of job is when I am managing people they have different views and values so adjusting myself to figure out on how to motivate employees to do what is right for the company and customers.
Pros
Work hard and accomplishing tasks feel good
Cons
Hard work
Terrible work enviorment
Amusement Forman and Ride Operator/Personal Driver (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 19, 2016
16-18 hour work days with no breaks. Almost had to file a lawsuit to be payed backed wages. Management hires foreign workers and treats them terribly.
Pros
Not at all what it is cracked up to be!!
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 8, 2016
Long hours. There are great bosses. But there are also the ones who treat you badly and publicly humiliate you. Name is not a bad company just have bad companies booking into them. For example: Smiling Camel Concessions. The owners of this operation love to humiliate their new employees and promise them pay. When it comes time to pay you..they lie and try to give you the complete opossite of what was promised. I quit due to public humiliation. The owners Jeff (Stretch ) and Arlene his wife are awesome liars. I worked 48 hours and was told I would make 100 dollars a day salary. As stated I left due to public humiliation and complete disrespect as a person. I went to get my pay and they only tried to pay me 128 dollars. You work 12 to 14 hours a day. I refused to sign the paper or take the money. I went through proper protocol to receive my money then the lot man after helping me get my pay through me off of the property. I did not argue with anyone..just followed proper chanels. All carnivals have bad ones in their bunch. But I have never seen two people like this in my life. Why mistreat people. It was North American Midway that through me off of the lot though. This was in Tulsa Oklahoma. Just if you ever work for them and they are booked with Smiling Camel concessions..do yourself a favor. Please do not work for this company. They are very ruthless people and lie to do anything to not pay their employees. In 4 days 9 people walked out on them and there is a good reason for it. If only the public seen both sides of a carnival. They are in middle of a law suit right now for  more... treating their employees from south Africa badly. And I now have cause for a suit myself. Please note that they disrespect the south Africans who are human beings. It is not all of this show. It is some bosses. There are some wonderful people!! But the Lot Man here named Gary had no reason to throw me off the lot then tell me he is friends with all of Tulsa's cops. I didn't due anything wrong except refused to be paid hardly anything for my work when I was promised something else. I see ked help then got thrown off the property. Karma is not good baby!!  less
Pros
Seeing different places and meeting new people
Cons
Promise one pay to give you another, Will not defend you unless you own a show, Long hours with no appreciation by SOME not all bosses, Will throw you off their midway for trying to do the right thing and follow protocol.
traveling with NAMW
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJune 11, 2016
Traveling with this company is the most family building job I've ever work for these people are truly family out here on the road. lots of things go on that you would never understand or know about I build so many relationships on the road with this company it was amazing would go back if I had no job or could not get the job I desire.
Pros
free food and stay teaveling
Cons
long hours in sun
Great job even better pay
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
I honestly loved going to work everyday (I had two jobs at the time and I referred to this one as playtime). I became friends with the other employees and several of the supervisors. Although it is a job where you have a lot of "unsupervised" work and it's easy to get off task that was never a problem for my coworkers and I. Working with NAME helped me build my customer service skills and it even helped me become more aware of whats going on around me (we had to maintain safety at all times). Our supervisor made sure that we knew when we needed to come to work, when to take our breaks and was overall a great resource to all of us. Literally my work day was comprised of either two one hour breaks or an hour and a half hour break, telling children they needed mom or dad to ride with them, explaining how riders are expected to behave on the ride and occasionally cleaning the ride when it rained. I'm definitely looking forward to working with NAME again in the future.
Pros
Cons
Not enough employee shade
Running and operating rides and attending to safety of riders
Ride Operator (Orbiter) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2015
Good active work,
Responsible and safety, reliability to work on own unsupervised
Fun working and meeting people
Travel see places
Operating Heavy machinery
Operating Rides
Pros
Meeting and working with new people
Cons
Long Hours
It is fun ,hard work and long hours
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INJune 9, 2015
It is a cool place to work at you setup rides and operat them you meet a lot of funny & weird people on the rode . Management is ok and sum time co - workers can get snappy at one a nother but it is all good at the end of the day
Pros
Traveling a lot
Cons
Do not have a lot of time for yourself
Loved My Job
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 18, 2015
I loved working at North American Midway Entertainment.
The reason for leaving was because the corporate office was moved to Indiana. The best perk of all was getting into the Mississippi State Fair for free and riding all the rides at no charge.
Great company
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmland, INApril 13, 2015
Working with North American Midway, taught me how to handle with unhappy patrons and operator heavy machinery. As well to drive a forklift. Working with great people.
great experience
Amenities (Former Employee) –  texas americaMarch 21, 2015
loved every second would go back but am looking for a new adventure. the hours are really long but you are in a fun environment and time flies by.
Pros
acoomadation
Fair life is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 11, 2015
We traveled a lot at work, but that made the job even more interesting. Being paid commission was really nice because some days I would make $20 a day and other days I would make $600. I had so much fun at this job. It was very laid back, but also we had to work hard.
Great experience ,Meeting new people all the time
Operator and Ride Foreman (Former Employee) –  usaMarch 5, 2015
* a Day at work always starts with ride safety inspections and preventative maintenance and provided a great learning experience ,mechanical as well as ride safety procedures and customer relations.The management system functions like a corporate family with good relations towards all the managers and supervisors .The nice part of having co workers was the diversity being able to work with Mexicans ,Americans and South Africans. Being on the job wasn't always a walk in the park ,in my experience ,setting up at a new spot was the worst as every one would always still be tired from the previous days work but with each set up we would find it more rewarding on tear down ( packing up the rides) every one would be excited to move on to the next spot and the friendly competition between the rides also gave us a lot of motivation
Pros
free housing
Cons
long hours and alot of traveling
Educational and "once in a lifetime"
Technician (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 3, 2015
It was great, something out of the ordinary. Seeing places and things one can only see on TV or movies. It was a great experience seeing all of that but missing home was the worst.
Pros
Experience that I could only dream of.
Cons
Far away from home
Great Opportunity to learn and travel
Automatic Ticket Machine and ATM operation (Former Employee) –  I worked & travelled the USAJanuary 27, 2015
I worked long hours but enjoyed as no day was ever the same.
I learned how to work with US dollars and to count and balance large ammounts of money.
I learned how to manage the ATM operation, Load money, programme ATM, test and print reports.
I learned how to Manage the operation of the automatic ticket machine operation.
I had to interview and hire employees to assist customers on the machines
The hardest part of the job was the hours as sometimes i would work double shifts and finish late due to the ammount of money we had to count and balance before we could leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being chosen to run a new venture for the company which the the Auto-mated ticket operation.
Pros
company provided free accomodation and transport
N.A.M.E
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 4, 2014
Wake up , Shave Shower and Change into Neat Uniform, Performing Inspections on my ride before we opened to the public , I learned to deal with all types of customers , learnt to always put them first ... The hardest part was the long hours , operating the ride and on the last day when the fair closes you don't go sleep , you break everything down into the next morning with little or no sleep travelling to the next place... I enjoyed travelling and seeing 9 different states and Meeting lots of different people as well as learning about the American Culture ....
Pros
Travelling Different Statez
Cons
The Salary was Minimal for the Long Hours We worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Midway Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

North American Midway Entertainment Reviews by Location