Title : immunohistochemistry laboratory testing technician.
Contact e : Barbara Siminovich
Salary: 15-18 hourly
Initial workload: 4-6 hours Wed/Thurs and expecting to add hours over the next few months
We have a moderate complexity lab specializing in immunohistochemistry for non-transfusion purposes. We are in search of capable testing personnel, to work part time in its Wilton (CT) location. Volume of testing will be increasing with time so capacity to adapt to changes and work independently in specimen processing is important. Specimens are shipped to our facility and need to be analyzed and reported. Experience in immunohistochemistry is preferred. Experience working in a CLINICAL LAB setting is required.
-Receives specimens, evaluates and makes best use of them (blood), knows rejection criteria and logs specimens according to our laboratory Quality Assurance program.
- Manually performs via agglutination method ABO Blood typing, Rh, and expected antibody identification (for 4-6 different analytes ).
- Performs assigned functions in flow, to include specimen preparation, testing, and evaluation as needed.
- Complies with all standards and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor/lab director.
- Participates in laboratory proficiency testing
- Maintains all QC, maintenance, and specimen logs.
- Associates Degree in Medical Technology or comparable training
- One year of experience in a moderate complexity CLINICAL setting
- Working knowledge blood banking techniques, QC requirements and PT protocols.
- Associates Degree/Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology, Biological, Life or General Sciences
- Experience in blood banking forward and reverse typing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform clinical laboratory tests in Hematology and Immunohematology
- Organize received specimens, testing and reporting in a timely fashion
- Independently evaluate quality control, perform calculations and assist supervisor in quality assurance functions.
- Assist with material inventory
- Responsible for accuracy of all results including result entry
- Assure compliance with all accreditation documentation requirements as they relate to clinical laboratory procedures
- Handle other related functions as necessary
Position requires the knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree and one year of previous experience. Degree or major in Medical Technology preferred. Will consider Associates Degree in science if have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analyzing patient specimens.
Please send cover letter, CV and three references.