North American Roofing Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 18, 2017
Great company to work for.
Forklift Certified, Forklift Work.
Enjoyable place to work.
Would highly reccomend.
Would work for North American Roofing again.
never know whats going to happen
Regional Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 21, 2016
this is a fast pace environment, you never know what your are going to encounter when you open your email.. Customer can be nice and sometime very difficult to deal with
Great place to work; gotta hit those numbers or your gone
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 31, 2016
not a lot of support ; got to do it all on your own; as long as you can hit the numbers this is a dream job if not your gone!. Can make a lot of money, Some travel required.
Pros
work from home office
Cons
no support
So Far so good!!
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
As a single parent I'm always worried about the flexibility of my employer to work with me when emergency should arise, or when myself or one of the kids has a scheduled appointment. So far I haven't had any issues with requesting time off. The pay is far but who couldn't use more money.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Family Enviroment, Friendly Management
Cons
Office could be a little bigger..
Awful Experience- Worst job ever
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Working for this company has been the worst. It is very apparent management is writing the "5 star reviews" . The "bonuses" mentioned you rarely get. They will hold onto them in hopes you may just quit. I agree with the other review, the manager has NO EXPERIENCE doing the job. Unrealistic expectations, and high turn over rate. Save yourself the financial stress, don't apply. They will fire you for any small reason.
Pros
Cons
Micro managed, fake management, never getting bonuses.
Fun work enviroment!!
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2016
I don't know what the first reviewer was talking about... This is a great place to work! Dress code is business casual and We sometimes have theme days were we can dress up ( Hawaiian, Star Wars, Etc..) There is room for advancement, since this is a new company to the Tampa bay area. we also have the opportunity to make bonuses or a get gift card. If monthly goal are met we receive breakfast or lunch.. All in all I plan to be with North American Roofing a really long time.
Pros
Advancement, Bonuse, Fun Enviroment
Cons
NONE!!!!! This place is Awesome
Company Provides a False Sense of Security
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 4, 2016
I was working here for 18 months thinking I was a 5 star employee working with a 5 star company. In less then 15 minutes I was let go, reason was not making goal, and I had just been awarded a Super Star mention in an office email for my sales the week before. Three other were let go from my office in the same time span. We were instantly locked out of our computers and our fobs were deactivated. The rose colored glasses fell off and worse was the acting manager in the office, immediately celebrated out departure, as we were still packing our desks. You can have a great working experience, but how a company handles their losses is the final say. Turns out we were the first step in cleaning out the Asheville office, to relocate the office to Tampa FL and plans move forward to relocate the HQ to Sarasota, pending over a million dollars in incentives from that community. Is that corporate welfare? I am not sure, you'd have to tune in to the next Kelly Wade show to know.
Pros
pay check while it lasts
Cons
no security
Customer focused company that values employees
Customer Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
The company does a great job of fostering a friendly environment. The work requires focus and isn't always easy but we work together as a team. Love when we celebrate wins together!
Pros
Supportive team, helpful resources
Extremely productive company and crews
Field manager (Current Employee) –  NationwideApril 20, 2016
Been with North American roof a long time! I've seen the company come a long way and continue to see them grow more each year! Great crews that travel coast to coast! Great per diems! Hotels paid for! Travel paid for! And health care! 401k
Pros
Traveling, site seeing! Good wages and benefits
Cons
Away from family for months at a time
Family oriented company with great benefits
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 20, 2016
I found my position with North American Roofing on Indeed.com almost 2 years ago. I am still with the company and love my job. The company is very family oriented. Family is definitely first and that is very important to me. The benefits are amazing! NARSI is an employee owned company, which helps with a retirement plan. Overall the best company I have worked for!!
not a good roofing company to work for
Commercial Roofer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 25, 2015
low hourly pay, no benefits, not a family oriented company, co workers are not very friendly, and the amount of work expected daily is a ridiculous amount
Pros
per diem
Cons
out of town too much
Great Place with Great People
Lead Generation Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2013
An incredible team of people to work with, with "Big Whigs" that are so down-to-earth and provide the feeling that they actually care about their employees with the evidence to back it up.
Pros
Competitions with rewards, Employee Appreciation Events
My Days With Norh American Roofing.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 31, 2013
I started with this company two years ago, I was on a four man crew and we would complete repairs that the company had generated a quote for the customer. We would work 8 hours a day and then go back to the hotel and cool off at the pool, I did this type of service for about 20 months, It had it's ups and downs as does any job. I think the best times were seeing different places, such as Bourbon St in New Orleans, St Thomas in the Virgin Islands, We had a good 4 man crew we all got along I miss that they did away with the crew. Now I work in Tampa Florida as a service tech with a person they hired here in Tampa, We now service leaks all over the west cost of Florida it's longer hours and a different change then what I was used too. The company has good benefits like pay vacations medical & dental, pay holidays. So if you like adventure and don't mind traveling, Then this is the idea job for a young single man.
Cons
Traveling, Long Hours.
Great Team to Work With and Bosses That Care
Lead Generation / Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, North CarolinaApril 5, 2013
I joined North American Roofing as inside sale with absolutely no sales experience. I was very nervous but the entire team took me in and helped me learn the ropes and become successful. I started as a full time temp, then after starting day classes at a local college I came to my boss expecting to be forced to resign becasue I could no longer work full time, but they agreed that my education was more important and allowed me to stay working around my class schedule and even hired me on as a permanent employee at the same time. When I fell into a slum of lacking sales quota they brainstormed ideas and ways to boost my success rather than booting me out the door for poor performance. This is an incredible company to work for. We have health days where we get to participate in free massages, good food, health check ups, flu shots, all while on the clock; they frequently buy us lunch, and we are awarded with praise and encouragement for doing well. This last christmas they split us up into teams and gave us money to go shopping for needy families, once again all while on the clock. This truely is a company that cares!
Pros
great starting pay, commission, friendly coworkers, the best bosses ever
Cons
cold calling, sitting in a cubicle all day
Couldn't have learned more...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 16, 2012
From flying up to Indianapolis for training, to returning to Dallas and finding North American Roofing company a place to call home. Furnishing and setting up vendors. Working with the Sales force that joined; my experiences from the word go couldn't have afforded me landing the positions after NAR closed its doors.
Pros
very intuitive
Cons
short lived
traveled
Safety Inspector/rubber roofing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2012
The job was OK if you enjoy traveling, which I did to a certain degree. They didn't let you know until last minute what state you would go to and sometimes could be six weeks or more before got home time.
Pros
motel stays paid and food allowance
Cons
never being home