North American Savings Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2016
I worked for over 10 years with NASB and planned on making it a career, but the micro-management is horrible. They are wholly focused on bank growth and the bottom line while regularly letting good, long term employees go for bogus reasons. At this company, its not what you know or how well you do your job, but whether or not you are up for being a puppet with well pulled strings.
benefits
Cons
bottom line driven, micro management
Fast paced work environment
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2016
The most enjoyable portion of my day is spent helping customers to be able to better manage their financial futures. The training program is great. It can teach someone with no previous mortgage experience how to originate loans.
Great Place to Work!!
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2015
From the beginning I felt part of a team because well you become close with people you see everyday. I liked that while maintaining a professional atmosphere we could still have a relaxed work environment where everyone knew what to do and when to get it done. Great training program.
Pros
Free food and coffee!!
Cons
N/A
Unhealthy work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 14, 2015
It is a very negative work environment. Negative reinforcement. The employees are torn down and never built up. No ability to move up.
Pros
Good health insurance and decent pay. Good for students starting out.
Cons
No upward mobility, Do not promote from within, Branch manager is not a people person, extremely negative work environment, Branch manager wants bodies there no concern for well-being
high turnover
FSR (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 7, 2015
High turnover, low pay, small raises, no bonus, micro managed, no opportunity for advancement, great for starter job, great for college or high school students
unhealthy work environment
Loan Closing assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2015
I have learned a great deal from North American Savings bank over the last two and half years. The last year has been rather challenging. My co workers do not value one another. It feels as if it is every man for himself. Management also seems to have brushed certain departments under the rug. Overall, i do not feel valued as an employee

the most enjoyable part of my day is getting to leave at 5pm
Close knit and fun coworkers
Customer Service Represenative Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 7, 2015
I really like working for NASB, I'm very close with all my coworkers and we all get a long really well. However, I do feel like moving beyond a teller could be difficult, I've applied for multiple jobs that would take me beyond what I'm currently doing and offer me a chance to do more, and haven't been given a chance on any of them. The work/life balance is wonderful, when I leave work I leave all my problems and situations there. None of it follows me home and I don't lose sleep over issues at work so that's the best part. The compensation is really great too, I had medical expenses in 2013 and the benefit of having the insurance was well worth the amount I pay for it.
When it comes to management I feel like some of our managers could use a more hands on approach to what goes on in the branches and beyond their desks. It seams like a lot of decisions are just made for us and we have to deal with them. I don't feel our input is really heard, when it is heard I feel like it isn't from a stand point that they really understand. Hearing about an incident at one of the branches and making a decision based on what happened without actually experiencing it first hand is very different than being there and taking charge if it's required.
Pros
strong support system, good benefits, fun coworkers
Cons
distant upper management
highly recommend this company
Bulk loan auditor/loan underwriter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 1, 2014
Manager support, Head Underwriter support, Loan committee reviews along with Q&A for challenging jumbo loans. Excellent Training, Excellent Managers.
Productive for people who want to work in the Finance Industry
Loan Assistant (Temporary Hire) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2014
• Monitored cancelled insurance policies and initiates timely follow-up with internal parties
• Assisted with reports and audits in the evaluation of loan operations performance
• Ensured loans and processed meet compliance standards
Easy Job Horrible Management
Supervisor Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 11, 2014
I thought it was only our branch that had bad management, but in reality it was the entire company. It was an easy job and I loved it but I just couldn't deal with the management anymore. Also, the compensation was bad. The annual raises were mere cents. For example, I started out making 9.75 and after three years I ended making 10.52. They don't give raises when you get promoted to being a supervisor. You get DOUBLE the responsibility for the same pay, not worth it at all!
Productive, high paced inviorment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
I worked as a personal banker at a bank. I would open/close accounts, renew CD's, open loans, cross sell products.
Nasb
NASB Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 8, 2014
After many years of working for NASB, I have never felt so insecure and unappreciated in my working career. I feel that this company is very transparent on their concern for the bottom line. This company has a difficult time balancing their work force, and every quarter is a roller coaster ride on job security. Morale at this company is very low. I would not recommend this employer.
Overall good company
LOAN PROCESSOR AND UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 15, 2013
The company was known for hiring when things were good and firing immediately when things were slow instead of riding it out. Luckily, I made it through all the waves. Everyone pretty much got along good and helped each other out when needed.
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
not certain if job was there for a long time or now.
Good income but bad culture
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2013
Good work/life balance, good pay although I know for a fact I was underpaid. Management doesn't care about their employees. It's all about the numbers. They believe in a 3 strikes you're out policy. The put guidelines and policies in place, but they do not provide the written policies to their employees. Management is always right. Even if management put their name on approving a loan and their is a mistake on the file, the employee who worked on that file will be reprimanded, not the manager.
Pros
salary even though, i was paid much lower than the geographic market.
Cons
they don't value their employees, but only the ones who are brown-nosers.
REO Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2013
Employed my NASB has been a learning experience over the last 6 months. Learning the REO world has been educational.
Pros
na
Cons
na
No complaints, many good things to say.
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2013
This was my first job out of college, it was a fantastic place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Poor work culture
NATIONAL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
The basic management philosophic principal is to turn over the bottom third of its sales force regularly regardless of whether they meet their goals.

They monitor all employees with cameras, including employees at non bank locations, for productivity. A few managers have monitors in their offices that rotate four cameras at a time.

If you like a place where everything is monitored and measured this is it. It is cubicle prison.
A Bank
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2012
Nasb is a good bank to work for. They build a great rapport with their customers and yearly have a customer appreciation day to celebrate this.