North American Savings Bank Employee Reviews

stressful, over worked, high turn over
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 9, 2017
I worked from 8 -5, I learned that there is no real training you basically learned on your own.

Management did not really know my job, I very seldom received any help when I ask. I was always put on hold for day and weeks at a time. Sometimes never got the answer needed.

The work place was tense never had any fun times.

The hardest part of the job was coming in everyday.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to lunch and home.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Built to fail
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
We were pushed to sell loans to customers we know couldn't pay it back, the focus was more on "being friends" with each other rather than professional relationships (which made it difficult to get certain people to do their job).
Great bank to work for!
Commercial Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 18, 2017
in the beginning, this bank didn't seem to know what direction they wanted to go

they've made some management changes and have made hired a couple good people in the past couple years

the environment is improving and the company culture is FINALLY getting to what it should be!
Pros
casual, challenging atmosphere
Cons
fast-paced, high volume can require long hours
Loan processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
management plays favorites and those favorites get the big promotion. Low pay and a embarrassingly high turn over l. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
None-occasionally a title co will bring lunch
Cons
Training and management
challenging work with great management
Construction Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOFebruary 11, 2017
First time working for a bank. Been here several years now and upper management have made several management changes with new hires and the new managers have made a lot of process changes

At first, wasn't sure about all the changes and new management hires - but starting to see how the changes and new management are actually making changes that help everyone in the end - finally have a couple of really nice managers who seem to care about everyone

Overall, really happy here - hoping for more advancement offers soon once all changes are in place and going well
Pros
Paid birthday vacation day
Cons
Healthcare premiums a little much
Job for you if you are into Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2017
NASB offers a high ceiling in advancement and management is willing to help you succeed at what you do.

I wish there were more group activities to get people out of there cubes more often just to keep the morale high, because like any job it can be stressful at times.

Overall great place to work and i love how involved management is with their employees.
Stay out of the mortgage center if you can!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2016
All the negative comments about this company are true. Stay away from this company, especially at the mortgage center. They have brought in an outside consultant, and for good reason. There is a disconnect between co-workers on what everyone does in their job, leading to disagreement on who is doing what. If you want a cubicle job with little interaction with co-workers, then this is the job for you. Management is made up of past underwriters and processors who don't care about you as a person, they are just in it to advance the company. Communication between loan officers and staff is unprofessional and rude. More responsibilities are given to you without a pay increase. Management does not listen to your suggestions on how to improve the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unprofessional staff, lot of work for little pay
Do not work here.
Construction Loan Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2016
Management is not focused on developing employees. They spend all their time goofing around and then drive the hourly employees to work harder than the salaried employees.
Toxic environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2016
I worked for over 10 years with NASB and planned on making it a career, but the micro-management is horrible. They are wholly focused on bank growth and the bottom line while regularly letting good, long term employees go for bogus reasons. At this company, its not what you know or how well you do your job, but whether or not you are up for being a puppet with well pulled strings.
benefits
Cons
bottom line driven, micro management
Great place to work but bad management
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 17, 2016
I loved working here because of the customer relationships I built and also my co workers were excellent. We got paid well, plus bonuses which was nice and you always felt important. The management of my branch was a little off and they could be very rude and micro manage, which led to a high turn over rate there.
Fast paced work environment
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2016
The most enjoyable portion of my day is spent helping customers to be able to better manage their financial futures. The training program is great. It can teach someone with no previous mortgage experience how to originate loans.
Great Place to Work!!
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2015
From the beginning I felt part of a team because well you become close with people you see everyday. I liked that while maintaining a professional atmosphere we could still have a relaxed work environment where everyone knew what to do and when to get it done. Great training program.
Pros
Free food and coffee!!
Cons
N/a
Unhealthy work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 14, 2015
It is a very negative work environment. Negative reinforcement. The employees are torn down and never built up. No ability to move up.
Pros
Good health insurance and decent pay. Good for students starting out.
Cons
No upward mobility, Do not promote from within, Branch manager is not a people person, extremely negative work environment, Branch manager wants bodies there no concern for well-being
high turnover
FSR (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 7, 2015
High turnover, low pay, small raises, no bonus, micro managed, no opportunity for advancement, great for starter job, great for college or high school students
unhealthy work environment
Loan Closing assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2015
I have learned a great deal from North American Savings bank over the last two and half years. The last year has been rather challenging. My co workers do not value one another. It feels as if it is every man for himself. Management also seems to have brushed certain departments under the rug. Overall, i do not feel valued as an employee

the most enjoyable part of my day is getting to leave at 5pm
Close knit and fun coworkers
Customer Service Represenative Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 7, 2015
I really like working for NASB, I'm very close with all my coworkers and we all get a long really well. However, I do feel like moving beyond a teller could be difficult, I've applied for multiple jobs that would take me beyond what I'm currently doing and offer me a chance to do more, and haven't been given a chance on any of them. The work/life balance is wonderful, when I leave work I leave all my problems and situations there. None of it follows me home and I don't lose sleep over issues at work so that's the best part. The compensation is really great too, I had medical expenses in 2013 and the benefit of having the insurance was well worth the amount I pay for it.
When it comes to management I feel like some of our managers could use a more hands on approach to what goes on in the branches and beyond their desks. It seams like a lot of decisions are just made for us and we have to deal with them. I don't feel our input is really heard, when it is heard I feel like it isn't from a stand point that they really understand. Hearing about an incident at one of the branches and making a decision based on what happened without actually experiencing it first hand is very different than being there and taking charge if it's required.
Pros
Strong support system, good benefits, fun coworkers
Cons
Distant upper management
highly recommend this company
Bulk loan auditor/loan underwriter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 1, 2014
Manager support, Head Underwriter support, Loan committee reviews along with Q&A for challenging jumbo loans. Excellent Training, Excellent Managers.
Productive for people who want to work in the Finance Industry
Loan Assistant (Temporary Hire) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2014
• Monitored cancelled insurance policies and initiates timely follow-up with internal parties
• Assisted with reports and audits in the evaluation of loan operations performance
• Ensured loans and processed meet compliance standards
Easy Job Horrible Management
Supervisor Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 11, 2014
I thought it was only our branch that had bad management, but in reality it was the entire company. It was an easy job and I loved it but I just couldn't deal with the management anymore. Also, the compensation was bad. The annual raises were mere cents. For example, I started out making 9.75 and after three years I ended making 10.52. They don't give raises when you get promoted to being a supervisor. You get DOUBLE the responsibility for the same pay, not worth it at all!
Productive, high paced inviorment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
I worked as a personal banker at a bank. I would open/close accounts, renew CD's, open loans, cross sell products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8