North American Stainless

North American Stainless Employee Reviews

Fast pace, fun enviroment with great people to work with.
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Ghent, KYDecember 12, 2014
Fast pace environment with many opportunities to meet different people of cultural backgrounds. Great employees to interact with to make the day go by faster. The hardest part of my job would most likely be the swing shift schedule. The best part of my job would most likely be an occasional rude or picky truck driver.
Very Good Engineering Internship
Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Ghent, KYOctober 29, 2014
Typical day at work consisted of finding issues with the line machines and either finding the replacement part or redesigning an upgraded part to avoid the flaw. Designed a fully automated air dryer to which would adjust to the width of stainless steel.
Clerk
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Ghent, KYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: worked 14 days a month, incentitive program
Cons: 12 hours swing shift, didn't see family because of sleeping routine, no place for advancement
Unload trucks, coded merchandise, received Purchase orders, tracked merchandise in system, log of material daily, acid inventory, bill of lading and other paperwork, filed, answer phone, packaged material to ship.
swing shifts long hours
Vacation Coverage and Position Floater (Former Employee), Ghent, KYAugust 18, 2014
worked crazy hours and had to do swing shifts didn't get to spend much time with family and friends
excellent place to wrok
machine OPERATOR (Former Employee), Ghent,KYAugust 13, 2014
Great pay and benefits good people, shift work, good management and cared for family time
Horrible place to work .Greed takes over safety.
Rotary Hearth Furnace Op. (Former Employee), Ghent, KYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: no breaks or lunch
Very stressful environment with no compassion for employees. They hire drug users and will not test even after I told them he was using drugs at work.
Nice at the beginning...then goes downhill from there.
Crane Op. (Current Employee), Ghent, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: plenty of days off
Cons: management, constantly changing insurance companies, pay scale stuck 10 years in the past
Starting off you make decent money and have a lot of days off. You will love it! After awhile the pay seems insufficient for the jobs that you are asked to do. You will also be doing jobs that should require certifications but when you ask to be certified all they see is deductions from their bank account and make you think you don't need to be certified. If you take all that and mix it in with the extremely poor management you will eventually find yourself on indeed.com looking for other options...
Hard work.
A/P Supervisor/Acid Management (Current Employee), Carrollton, KYJanuary 9, 2014
The 12 hour swing shifts are hard to get use to and after several years it is more than I want in a job. Has good pay and good people to work with but I am ready for a position that will reward me for my education.
Good starting point for new people, but no where to go later
Electrical maintenance and automation supervisor (Current Employee), Ghentm KYDecember 19, 2013
Management does not follow almost any of the needs from particular lines. The reason is micro management that managers have to obey.
That creates problems in performance and inter-human relationship.

Engineers and technicians are not well paid, specially engineers.
Operation is overpaid.

Conclusion:
If you have a degree in electrical, electronics, automation, science or similar and have just left college this is the place for you.
Great place for a factory
Continuous Caster Lead Operator (Former Employee), Ghent, KYOctober 18, 2013
Very profit driven and little concern for worker benefits. They continue to reduce benefits annually.
not a bad place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Ghent, KYSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great pay and benfits.
Cons: one it was this way and the next day it was this way.
I was a crew leader off and on for 10 years. My day at work consist of work with various parts of the factory to make sure my line ran. i learned leadership skills and to listen to what others had to say. Couldn't ask for better coworkers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the changing of my schedule. of the morning it was this then in the afternoon it was that.is when i was left alone and do what i knew had to do with out any interuptions.
Great learning environment
Automation Day Technician (Current Employee), Ghent, KYJune 17, 2013
North American Stainless got my foot in the door to start my automation career. I have learned a lot from the 10 years I have been here and continue to do so on a daily basis. On a typical day at work I review work orders and communicate with off shift maintenance for any downtime that may have occurred. If nothing needs my attention I work on upgrades and projects.
Great staff and work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Minooka, ILApril 2, 2013
•Provided professional service to all vendors and customers.
•Maintained all office supplies and needs.
•Created loading bills, set up appointments and entered sales orders.
•Handled time keeping, payroll and employee’s HR concerns.
•Assisted supervisor and traffic coordinator with office duties.
cold in the winter and hot in the summer
Steel Inspector (Former Employee), Ghent, KYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: insentive program, monthly and quarterly bonuses
Cons: no lunch break while working 12 hour shifts
the management here treats everyone line a number and like you can be replaced at any time, with anyone
Very hard schedule
Packaging Coordinator (Former Employee), Ghent, KYDecember 11, 2012
Job is ok very easy to get exp on several diffrnet types of exuipment
great people to work with
crane opp, fork lift driver, shipping helper (Former Employee), ghent kyNovember 7, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: n/a
When i got to work you just never knew what was going to happen. One day you might never get a break the next you might cross train. I guess the hardest part about the job was the shifts they had 12 hours two on days three off then three on nights
Horrible management
Plasma and Crane operator (Current Employee), Ghent, KYJune 8, 2012
Pros: incentive
Cons: no lunch break, constant harassment
Its a good place to work if you don't mind the management lying to you.
Short term job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ghent, KYMarch 28, 2012
Enjoyed but wanted to join military
At times could be exciting

About North American Stainless

Don't get Acerinox's products dirty, because the company prefers its steel to remain stainless. Acerinox operates melting shops – Read more