North Atlantic Industries Employee Reviews

It was an average place to work, with a CEO who cared about his employees
Special Processes operator (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYSeptember 19, 2017
It was family oriented,I was able to cross train in other areas,management was typical, management came in occasionally to see how we were progressing on each of our jobs.workplace was nice,there really were no hard parts of the job.We were capable of moving around to get some exercise so we were not uncomfortable. We had good 48 hours of sick time and 2 weeks plus vacation time. I learned more about the potting part of the job along with why things were potted and not.WE also were able to work together on certain jobs.The company had picnics and Christmas parties The reviews and raises were ok.
Pros
45 minute breaks
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Very friendly environment
Testing Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 11, 2017
As a testing intern my typical day consists of watching a testing senior test various modules or assisting in some way. Only on occasion I will actually get to test something on my own. NAI uses it's own software to test their tech, and at first it is very intimidating and it will take quite some time to become familiar with it.
The lab is very clean.
The staff is friendly.
Pros
clean lab, friendly staff
Cons
the snack machine ate my dollar
People don't waste your time
electromechanical assambler (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 17, 2017
I hate this company and any departments any supervisor they don't have any education poor management and descriminatio
Pros
Close home
Cons
Poor management and no HR
President of the company is a very down to earth man that seems to care for his employees.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 3, 2016
The president of this company is a very down to earth person and seems to care for his workers. However he has put to much faith in others to run a company that he took years to build. There is no job security if you don't agree with the politics of management. The manufacturing family from the office workers to the manufacturing floor is made up of many good people that as of late, agree with my feelings but in order to keep their positions remain silent. The medical, ins., benefits here are one of the many perks along with the Christmas shut down, summer hours and thanksgiving shopping cards.
Pros
Christmas shut down, summer hours and thanksgiving shopping cards
Cons
TheThere is no job security if you don't agree with the politics of management.
Productive, and fun workplace
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 18, 2015
Lots of room for advancement and learning. Great team of people. Always a new challenge to be faced, and overcome. Giving a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, good people
Cons
Head of production
Poorly Managed Company
Senior Test Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMarch 27, 2015
There is in-fighting between partners and middle management. Eventually two operations people ended up running an engineering company. Many people have walked out from frustration and harassment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management in-fighting. No HR support.
test engineering internship
engineering internship (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 24, 2014
adequate work environment. Summer work hours: 10 hr days 4 days/week.
Limited responsibility and opportunities for independent work.
Salary for interns $12/hr
Multiple summer interns working at the same time.
Relatively easy commute from anywhere on Long Island
Project Engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 3, 2014
Design, Test, Layout, Debug, UL test, EMI& EMC test, write test procedure and, writing Manual.
Great learning experience
Power/Embedded Engineer - Intern (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Good place to learn about embedded systems, manager is helpful and workers are great
Engineering company run by CM/SMT operators
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJuly 9, 2014
When the CEO was sold on two yo-yos that know nothing about business, and have a reputation for destroying companies, the paranoia and backstabbing between upper management began. You can read other reviews about this place, management there has no respect for it's employees. Another company taking advantage of a poor job market. This place would loose ALL of it's talent in a different economy! Although my immediate supervisor was technically inclined, he provides no support to his staff, he feared for his job. If you do have a reason to interview there, know in advance that the long-time HR Generalist is incompetent, ask a lot of questions.
Pros
Close to home for me
Cons
No advancement, no support from immeadiate supervisor.
Great work environment
Office Clerk/Stock (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJune 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. As long as you did your work and put 100% effort into it than their would be no stress
Challenging and rewarding
Jr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 4, 2012
Pay was not great, but I learned a lot; this being my first job out of school. Management could be tough, but the door was always open. I often found myself working late on projects and enjoying the challenge. Environment was casual and friendly.
Good work environment
QC Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMarch 27, 2012
Good work environment, consistency. Use of Inspection tools, micrometer and microscope inspections.
* Provide quality assurance support for engineering department.
* Provide incoming inspection of pc board assemblies, RMA’s and in-house quality control, and calibration.
* Acquired IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Certification.