North Austin Medical Center

North Austin Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Manager is working so non professional and hiring not enough experience nurses
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
The manager's surgery services
Managing so awfully and no experience nurses are working so many, etc.
It was really not the best area to work with them
Pros
No experience nurse are so many working at dept of surgery
Cons
Not professionals
Worst management EVER
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2016
This store is always super busy and the company does not allow advancement. They do not want anything other than non ambitious staff
gossips in my department
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
They make fun of the manager behind his back, gossips and stupid comments about dont trust anyone every five minutes. It was bad.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
gossip
I enjoyed working here as my first job.
RN Medical-Surgical Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2015
I was a new nurse when I started, and I am thankful for the experience and opportunity I received when I started. The only reason I left was that I relocated to Houston, TX.
Excellent facility
Unit Coordinator, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
Leadership is responsive. Great company. Customer service is a primary focus and staff are held accountable to a high standard of care and service. Benefits could be better. Overall, an excellent place to work.
Very good work environment
Physical therapist rehab tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2015
Good work environment. Management is people friendly. HR is fantastic. Excellent nursing staff. Therapists are fun to work with, and a great learning environment
Pros
Great management staff throughout the hospital
Cons
Unfortunately, not hiring PTA's
Management changed 3 times in the year I worked there.
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, texasAugust 27, 2014
Aside from the great management when I started, changed 3 times and got worse with each change. Also, charge nurses not helpful and blame new "kids" for any issues that arise.
Most of the MD's were great!
Long shifts, usually understaffed.
Very dishonest management at all levels and very low salaries
OR Tech (Former Employee) –  North Austin Medical CenterAugust 2, 2014
Very bad management with no concern for staff. Very poor pay and employees are not treated fair. I would not recomend this place to anyone who wants to be appreciated for their hard work.
Cons
underpaid, poor management, not an honest company at all, hospital is very dirty
Heavy work load requiring multitasking while maintaining a good attitude with patients
Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  austin, txJuly 10, 2014
-High turn over
-inadequate compensation
-unorganized
-friendly work environment
Pros
job duties are easy to learn
Cons
heavy work load
Professional staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin,TXApril 12, 2014
Had a great time working with the pharmacy staff as a volunteer.
It is a great company I would recommend to everyone.
Nutrition Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2013
It is an extremely fast paced environment as food service usually is. Sometimes I end up working two positions when possible due to sick calls. I love my coworkers and dealing with the patients. The hardest part is dealing with disorganization and lazy people. The most enjoyable part of the job is making patients happy. Working in health care is special as you have the opportunity to make a difference to people who need your help the most. It is so satisfying to make a difference in the day of a patient. It is a good place to work, but it might be time to move on as I feel I can do more. I have enjoyed my time at North Austin Medical Center, but the kitchen is managed by an outside organization which has created some problems for the employees. In summary North Austin Medical Center is a great place to work but after fifteen years I feel like I can do more -more responsibility. Thankyou.
Pros
great 401k, time off
Cons
poor management above me
Good Place to work
Security Officer (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2013
Good job, fun and nice people to work with. Many things to do.
Pros
good job
Cons
no insurance as an as needed employee
Just a terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasJuly 6, 2013
Upper management doesn't treat all employees equally. MDs are treated like Gods while others are expendable. They typically look for any reason so that an example can be made out of you.

The staff members who remain at this facility are ones that have been here for years. They typically do no know that the grass is truly greener on the other side. The nursing staff are knowledgable and hard working, but are just overworked and run down by the management.

I've learned that the patient acuity at this facility is much higher than what the allowed ratios should be. Also, charge nurses are required to take patients, sometimes full loads, whereas all other the other hospitals I've worked at do not take any patients.

North Austin Med Center is more concerned with turning rooms to accommodate new patients than they are concerned about caring for the ones in the bed now. They will cut staff frequently to save less than $100, which has been detrimental in the past to patient safety.

I've worked shifts here where I was floated every four hours during a 12 hour shift to different floors, taking care of up to 15 patients in one day. They wouldn't inform you that you were going to be floated until 15 minutes before having to be at the next floor.

I've seen terrible things done at this place. Please doe yourself a favor and check out the other facilities in town. Every where I go North Austin Med Center is considered a joke. People laugh at just how terrible it is.
Pros
good nurses and techs
Cons
terrible management, below average pay, float 2-3 times per 12 hour shift, mds frequently rude to staff
good place to work weekends
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2013
worked weekends, autonomous, was many years ago and can not say what it would be like to work there today.
registration
registrar (Former Employee) –  austinJanuary 17, 2013
This whole department is a career sabotage. I would not allow my worst enemy to fall victim to them. Management is very catty, looking for opportunity to disapline someone for not fitting. Ego and power ran. This department has the highest turnover rate in the entire network... if you choose to leave before they walk you out, they go to extreams to get you black balled so you look bad in other departments or prospects employers. I would say stay away ! Go to other departments.
Pros
assisting patients
Cons
leaders with power to make your life hell during your work hours
Room for advancement but very repetetive
Team Lead/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJune 29, 2012
Typical day entails registering pateints and monthly meetings as well
Productive with high tech knowledge and skills
Surgical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2012
A typical day at work was busy and challengeing. I learned something different almost every single day. Management was knowledgable and productive. My co-workers including surgeons, nurses and surgical techs were some of the most professional, intelligent,hard working and dedicated staff I've ever had the honor to work with. They taught me everything there is to know about this field and it made want to do and be more of a team player. The hardest part of the job was there never seemed to be enough time in the day to do everything you felt needed to be done.The most enjoyable part was the rewards of seeing and knowing that we delivered great patient care and the families were pleased and felt totally confident with our services.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
short breaks to no breaks.
Time Management and Excellent Communication
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2012
I love going to work every morning. Each day I welcome my hectic schedule because I know the work I do results in positive outcomes for patients. My typical day starts with staffing assignments and daily statistics. My strength is time management. To ensure each operating room surgery starts on time, I lead my staff with clear communication, instruction, schedules, deadlines and assistance. My co-workers are highly trained, skilled nurses who I admire. The hardest part of my job is when the hospital has high census and not enough staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pride I feel knowing I took care of my staff and each patient to the best of my ability.
Pros
codes of conduct, icare standards, leadership academy
Cons
long shifts and hard to get days off
Left due to change in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2012
There is a lot of good things about this employer. It is just part of a large hospital group and employees seem to get lost.