North Carolina Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

productive place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 2, 2016
My typical day was very busy admitting patients to our unit, and transcribing doctors orders. You would see the same people because they would always come from nursing homes. My co workers were great we were always helping each other out, they were friendly and easy to get along with. We were always short staffed on nurses and CNA;s so the nurses would bring patients to my desk to watch them because the were hard to handle, so I got burned out.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Bringing patients to my desk
I couldn't click on the correct star rating
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed this job and would give it mostly five starts. Management was very fair and I felt like this was stable place to work.
Large facility
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 15, 2015
I have not worked there in years and can not be a fair judge of how this environment is compared to other facilities.

I only worked there part time while I was in school and they were very flexible with my hours
Pros
Pay
Cons
too large
Excellant opportunities for qualified individuals.
management of the Capital Equipment Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2014
Good product design, allowing system fabrication of environmental graphics.
Expandable growth
Senior Secretary I - Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 23, 2014
Customer Service means a lot to me cause if you keep the customer happy they keep coming back. Professional, Confidential and outgoing has been my key to achieving goals.
Pros
lunches, laughter
Cons
healthcare, negativity
Bio-Med and Monitoring Tech
Senior Physiological Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 13, 2014
My day started at 10:pm and ended at 8:30 am.
I did artery blood pressure charge and put out stock in the unit.
I work with the Bio-Med guy on pump and other equipment that they needed help on. What ever was ask of me I did. Shipping and receiving. Answer the phone.
Pros
great place to work.
A good place to work
Nursing, Unit Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with staff and visitors to the hospital.
Pros
mixture of responsiblities
Cons
financial positions were not compensated as well as other industries
Felt like Home to me
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2014
After 36 months in the Nursing Program at NCBH School of Nursing, working on the unit fit like a glove.
Constant learning environment
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCNovember 2, 2013
Every day was very busy, so much so, the day was over very quickly. My co-workers were the best there ever was.
An excellent place to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2013
A typical day at North Carolina Baptist Hospital was very busy. I greeted patients and their families, scheduled appointments, answered the telephones, and transcribed doctors orders. I learned how to deal with a different culture of people on a daily basis. Management was very fair minded and easy to work with. The co-workers were team players and easy to work with. The entire job was challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people on a daily basis.
Pros
excellent benefits, salary, and working conditions.
Cons
i enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Great Place to Work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2013
Performed clerical duties such as scheduling exams and special procedures.
Great experience doing good things for employees in need.
Employee Case Manager, WakeHealth (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 16, 2013
This job was a great case management job that provided for fellow employees during their time of disability, return to work and medical accommodations.
Loved working on Oncology Unit
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 2, 2013
Good company with great benefits. Worked 12 hour shifts which allowed time off if needed. Enjoyed working around doctors and learning about different medical problems.
Pros
chance to move up and be able to go to school
Cons
little pay
Fun workplace
Lab Technician II-Outpatient Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCDecember 28, 2012
Steady work environment. There is something to be learned everyday. The management and co-workers are pleasant to work with. We are great as a team. Hardest part of the job would be the evenings when it slows down and there isnt a steady flow. Most enjoyable is when we are busy and the time goes by fast. Makes for a more enjoyable, fun shift.
Pros
1 hour lunch, great benefits
Cons
no job advancement
Excellent internship
Hospital Unit Secretary Internship (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2012
Great working environment. Work closely with those at the desk. Workers were excellent in training me.
First job out of school. Best preceptor and Nurse Manager
Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (Former Employee) –  Winston SalemNovember 20, 2012
This teaching hospital and my coworkers showed me how to be a nurse. A true, honest, caring nurse and that my opinion counted.
Pros
best job i ever had
Cons
worked 12 hour nights
Wfubmc
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2012
Loved working for Baptist. They were always accomadating to my need for a flexible work schedule. Working for such a recognized medical center knowing that people are being cured and helped every day was a pleasure.
Pros
flexiblity, large company
Cons
no physical therapy openings for me to start my career
stressful
Financial Clearance Rep (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2012
Would not recommend no one to work at NCBH they do underhanding things.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
no breaks
Nice Place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 31, 2012
Vital signs, bathes, dressing changes, feedings, lite cleaning of patient rooms, emptying foley caths, removal of Iv's, computer charting, blood suger checks, transporting for therapy and testing.
Pros
12 hrs. shifts, make my own schedule
Cons
no extra holiday pay, restricted sick leave
Productive and Purposeful workplace
PICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 10, 2012
I learned alot working on the Peds unit and PICU with great nurses, interns and physicians.
I gained a lot of my hands on nursing skills during this time and I owe it to the great group of people I worked with.
The hardest part of the job was the amputation of limbs on children or the death of a baby and then trying to sleep at night.
We really supported each other during the good times and the tuff times. It was great. I could not have asked for a better experience.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
third shift