North Carolina Central University Employee Reviews in United States

Very strict atmosphere. Not very much flexibility.
Temporary - administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2016
Temporary employment. Salary was an issue for me.

Work was not hard. Was about to be offered permanent position before I left to begin real estate career.
Pros
People good to work with.
Cons
Parking on campus - bad.
overall fair
Building Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 9, 2016
Typical day at work was consistent , mostly routine unless there were requests through out the campus where as we had to blitz a situation as a team. I learned how to independently analyze situations and handle them in a proper manner . My co workers were all team oriented but at times the administrators did things that caused a conflict of interest in the work place .The hardest part of the job was trying to cope with the conflicts because in knowing what one does puts you in harms way of maintaining your job and or position. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to work at my own pace and being able to give my assigned buildings and its employees the undivided attention that they sought from me in the cleanliness and support I gave them . I take pride in my work and it showed .Yet still to this day when I revisit , the employees say they miss me being there to take care of them and that makes me proud.
Motivative, Productive, New things to learn, good team spirit
Lab Instructor and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2016
Got chance to learn Chemical Vapor Deposition method for growing graphene on the various substrates; mainly copper substrate. Learned the functionalization of graphene with transition metal carbonyls like chromium hexacarbonyl. Did the characterization of Graphene and functionalized graphene with various spectroscopic methods like Raman Imaging, SEM, AFM topography and KPFM, Infrared Spectroscopy. Got chances to learn basics about HPLC, GCMS, UPLC.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2016
I teach two theater courses in the Department of Theater. I start my day with my office hours, where I allow students, from either course, to come to me if they need extra help with any of the assignments or if they need a listening ear. I also find that I am a mentor to my students as well, which I love. I teach Acting 2 first and then end my day with appreciation of Drama which is probably my hardest class to teach Most of them are non-majors and are taking it just for an easy A, when that is hardly the case. However, I really enjoy when I can make the class interactive and I see my students enjoying it and actually trying.
Cons
healthcare is not offered
Enjoyable, flexible work environment
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2016
I work in a fast paced environment where efficiency and effectiveness is a must. We interact with various constituents of the University on a regular basis and must possess a high quality of customer service at all times. We are also governed by FERPA and must keep these guidelines in mind in whatever we do.
Safe and productive environment
Internship Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 20, 2016
Assist with on-site and off-site presentation

Assist with all Clinical key responsibilities

Assist with reports, research and other clerical duties

Assist subjects with completing the Informed Consents.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all diverse cultures.
Enjoyed work with college students.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2016
I am enjoying this job because my work and study have going on together. Also, it is a team work that's why I like it because team work is my passion!
Pros
Main pros is saving time because study and work are together.
Cons
Loss is school only provide job until I'm student there.
Summary of my job
University Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 20, 2016
A typical work day consists of: maintaining supervisor calendar, project manager for several PIs, checking PeopleAdmin, answering phones, helping students and staff.

What have I learned: PeopleAdmin,

Management: Project Manager for several PI

Co-workers: are great

The hardest part of the job: is not being able to help all students
Pros
Flexiable work schedule
Cons
Not a good discount on football tickets
great experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 17, 2016
Working at North carolina central i helped people get into their rooms. i made sure everything was in order from roommate agreement forms to checkout forms i fill papers and type lists.
Pros
learn the order of rooms
Cons
people keep loosing keys
Very friendly, family feeling enviornment
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 18, 2016
Never felt out of place even being a first time intern. Supervisors very approachable and supportive, other team members friendly and willing to help. Great people and a great University.
Medium sized teaching university.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 23, 2016
North Carolina Central University is a medium sized teaching university. My work encompasses three broad areas: teaching, research, and service.
Productive place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 26, 2016
The university has good state benefits however the pay is lower in comparison to jobs in the industry. It is still a decent place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
low salary
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Student Health and Counseling ServicesJune 17, 2016
I absolutely love everything about North Carolina Central University. It is a great environment full of staff who are eager to help guide one in the right direction.
I loved the job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working in the labs at NCCU I learned very good examples of how to work in a lab handle the materials in the environment
Good Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for NCCU. Good working environment great people to work with.

People are easy to get along with,

Will work their again.
It was a productive place to work , you could have fun as well as work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  NCMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be on how to prioritize your day. I manage to manage an office for 75 faculty members and 1500 staff members, attended meetings, wrote reports, spoke on and off campus, conducted work shops, fundraiser and surprise that would come in between. I am multi-task. I learned that it takes all of us to make something happen. Working together as a team works better than someone trying to get notice or awarded.

I work very well with co-workers and people period.
The most enjoyable part of my day at work would be going in with the right attitude that no matter what I faced during the day at the end of the day I made a difference in someone life whether it was large or small.
Pros
no free lunches, i love working with people
Cons
thetere where braks but i like to complete whatever i starts so sometimes there where no breaks
horrible
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2016
this is not the place to work if you're looking for growth and it's not the place to work if you're not ok with being paid once a month
Great place to attend school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 28, 2016
graduate curriculum was rigorous but prepared me for work place or advanced graduate degree.Great place to attend school.
A great facility that I can spend the remainder of my career with.
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham NCJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work was great. It is a fast pace invoirment with multi-line phones, students and faculty in and out constantly. I enjoy people, so my co-worker are awsome. My computer skills have sharpen more now than before. I have the best management team. I enjoyed them all. One thing that I can truly say is that I had to wear many different hats on my job and even though it was at times a bit challenging I really enjoyed it. I think the one thing that I enjoyed most was interacting with all types of people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
had to pay for parking each month
Director, Occupational Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 10, 2016
Did lots of good work for the university. Established the respiratory and Hearing Protection programs, reduced workers comp payments from $4 million+ to <$200K in 5 yrs.
Pros
Small campus
Cons
Close to depressed and crime areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina Central University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3