North Carolina State University

North Carolina State University United States Employee Reviews

Supportive staff, creative faculty
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Supportive Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons: Short-term work (internship)
The NC State Study Abroad Office has an amazing reach across NC State Campus. Through Curriculum Integration, any student any major can Study Abroad. Promoting the Study Abroad Office and programs was work but also play given the high quality of the program content and the enthusiasm of NC State Academic Department in integrating International Experiences into their curriculum.
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Tuition Waiver
Cons: None really
Working as a GRA has been extremely rewarding, with a lot of opportunity to learn. Although it takes a lot of effort and time, its absolutely worth working here, especially in the field of CFD.
productive work place with an amazing staff
Dining and Catering (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free employee meals
Cons: short hours
Working at NCSU was a learning experience. I got to learn a wide range of jobs within the work place. the management was amazing they really made me feel comfortable. On a typical day of work I would come in and prep the work area. when it is time to work I normally operate the cash register but I was taught to do any task needed. the staff was great we all got along and work well together to insure fast and quality service. I believe the hardest part about my job, being that wide range of international students attendant the school, would be the language barrier. the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and creating a whole new family within the work place.
Interactive environment
Tutor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: you can make your own hours
Cons: lack of flexibility in methods taught
Being a tutor for the tutorial center exposed me to a lot of different people and situations that helped me improve myself as a tutor and as a student
NCSU is one of the best place to learn Operation research.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), RaleighMarch 11, 2015
I have worked being lecturer in two Universities and graduate teaching assistant in two other universities. I learned operation research at NCSU. I studied applied math in ETSU and pure maths at AAU. I am more than fit for any quantitative related job.
Both employment places were and are good to work for
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Both employment places were and are good to work for. I have learned a lot about academics coming from a corporate working situation. A typical day here is scheduling events. I work with really good people. The hardest part of my job is getting people to follow the rules. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with the students.
Learning Curve
Community Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2015
The atmosphere in NCSU Housing is one where we can learn on the job without fear of being chastised for mistakes. I loved my job here!
Research/ Teacher Assistant
School of Technology - Research/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Assisted Professor with classroom task (grading papers, administering test, teaching the class)
Aided students with class work
I worked the same job fo 21 years. Needed a change
Cleaning and Sanitation Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: poor communication
Cons: schedule
The job was ok. Communication between management was poor. More interaction between management to create a smoothier work environment is needed.
Inspiring through experience
Study Abroad Ambassador (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2015
This is a volunteer position at North Carolina State University in their Study Abroad program. My responsibilities as an ambassador are to attend Study Abroad fairs and informational meetings for students interested in studying abroad as I have, I speak about my experiences in Spain to promote excitement and confidence in those students still wary of their decision to commit to studying abroad. I also answer questions on trip details including: prices, activities, and other miscellaneous things that may occur while studying abroad.
A good opportunity
Facilities Support Staff (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Allowed me to transition into being a full time working adult. A typical day consisted of me performing maintenance work, such as painting walls, washing windows, changing light fixtures, and following standard operating procedures.
Fast paced, high pressure, exciting work enviornment
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: high stress
I work in an amazing environment with a very intelligent and kind group. This is especially important since we are faced with anesthetizing very ill veterinary patients, all while teaching fourth year veterinary students.
Proteomics and lots of it
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Typical day entails either sample preparation including protein isolation, digestion, and detection via LC MS/MS or data analysis with Skyline, excel, Design Expert, or JMP
Working on slides, literature review, reports & manuscripts, teaching other students techniques or instrumentation usually round out the day
Life as a State Employee
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: professional development, family-friendly environment (for many)
Cons: few raises, you have to learn to play the internal politics game
It is true. You can be a lazy state employee...or you can be productive, motivated, and passionate one. By taking advantage of the community service and college credits benefits, an employee can accomplish wonderful things. You can get a degree, build a house with Habitat for Humanity, or volunteer at the food pantry.

Being a state employee is a privilege, and successful staff work hard and are rewarded for it.
Exciting and welcoming atmosphere
Student Volunteer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free attendance to sporting events when working with athletics
Cons: internship is unpaid
Working for N.C. State as a student volunteer and intern has been a great experience. You have the opportunity to learn different skills inside and outside the office. The staff is a great asset to the university and athletics programs.
Additive Manufacturing technique using DLP (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2015
It was great to work with the professors and the fellow graduates
Amazing Place to Work
Senior IT Intern (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Instructed on tasks to be completed.
Can learn very much from this job.
Management is very understanding and great to work with.
More bitter than sweet
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: lots of free time to work your thesis or dissertation.
Cons: the pay is extremely low. honestly, its not enough to help with the bare essentials.
The job itself is very fun and interactive. Who doesn't like assisting others on the collegiate level. Especially, when the managerial staff are so willing to aid you in every aspect. The hardest part, in my opinion is getting the course started. The most enjoyable part is the relationships you build with mentors and the students, because everyone seems to appreciate you.
Exciting and fun workplace
Audio/Video Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work involves preparing for and helping to set up for clients to use ballrooms, classrooms, and work spaces for events and meetings. The rooms are equipped with the latest technology to allow powerpoints and performances for an array of audiences. I have been able to keep up with the technologies and further advance my customer service skills. I am one of several employees who manages student workers on a daily basis. My workdays can sometimes start early and run late into the evening and on weekends depending on the complexity of the event that is taking place. It is rewarding in the end to see a smile on a clients face when an event goes well
An excellent first work experience
Wood Hall Resident Adviser (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2014
Working with the university housing department of North Carolina State University was a great way to introduce myself to the work environment. I gained experience in the areas of student programming, professional networking, and basic organization that have helped me in both my personal and professional life.

1 2 3 4 5