North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

Old Boy Network
Horticultural Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 12, 2017
Despite what was advertised, they were not interested in new and fresh ideas. My direct manager lacked the proper knowledge to care for plants properly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unskilled Management
Sometimes is stressful place to work,more on wintertime
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2017
A lot of people have a second job because no raise and low salary .you have to work even is snowing.They paid holiday ,sick days if you have your time to give .if you don't have you get sick you don't get the check
Pros
Sometimes they offer free breakfast or lunch more on Christmas time
Cons
You can ask break anytime you need 2 days before
Not Bad To Start, But It's Gov't Work
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
Extremely slow paced environment, but it's also very laid back. It's government work so nothing is high paced or very interesting, but it's not a bad place to start.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No Career Here
Stimulating Work Culture
Teaching Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 28, 2017
The faculty and staff at NCSU in the Educational Leadership Program were very dedicated and professional. As a new assistant professor I found them supportive of my efforts.
Pros
Flexible work hours and location
Cons
High pressure to generate research
go pack
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 27, 2017
NCSU is a great place for students who attend NCSU because t is on campus and there are more advancement opportunities for a student rather than an external employee.
Pros
location
Cons
not career oriented
Work Summary
HVAC technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 25, 2017
Day starts with building rounds inspection and customer calls reviews ,followed by critical calls done in order as first .If no calls or major faults through nights , pick up Preventive maintenance ,Planned maintenance ,
New knowledge gained everyday on boilers, oxygen generators , medical air systems ,air compressors
Buildings are divided so each tech will take care of area and help as needed
Most enjoyable jobs i love is troubleshooting automation or working with microprocessor base controllers
Good work for a student
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2017
You can manage your own time. It is just a TA work. Just need to grade and hold office hours. Sometimes I need to hold a problem session for the class.
Temp Worker
Administrative Assistant-College of Arts (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
It’s very hard to become permanent when you temp here. They will have you temp forever here unless you know someone. I've been tempt for over a year and 3 people I know became permeated less than 90 days.
Pros
Non for temps
Cons
too much to name
Nice environment for work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2017
People are friendly though the pace is fast here. The environment is supportive which can provide various resources as you need. For example, the department is willing to buy more advanced computers to meet the needs.
It is a public university
visiting lecturer (2 yrs) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
It is a public univesity, so there is very little money for anything, depends on the department you're in and on your role as researcher, lecturer or whatver..
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
NCSU is a great place to work
Large land grant Institution
Large campus and student population
Very well respected by community leaders and partners
Think and Do is the motto
Great work place
PROGRAM FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 17, 2017
I love working here. It is a very vast and dynamic workplace. I love working with the students. They have a lot of energy and are very vibrant thinkers.
Ncsupd
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27695November 17, 2017
Department was well structured and required a professional relationship with students, faculty and visitors. Hardest part of the job was getting along with middle management supervisor.
Aggies Do
Director of Facilities Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2017
Workplace culture is a little dated. It is changing but a slower pace than other environments. Very connected and family like environment very good if you are connected to the brand.
Pros
Excellent days off
Cons
Slow to change.
just bad
Engineering Machine Shop Staff (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
bad review, lack of planning, it just sucked, people cant do their jobs. bad management, wayyy too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. 90% of the work gets done by 10% of the people.
Very intelligent team.
Marketing Technology Specialist, Campus Recreation (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2017
I have learned a lot learning how to advice and inform students about the amazing outdoor activities they can be a part of. Lots of fun which made it seem it wasn't work but yet still was learning.
Pros
Meeting lots of people
Fun and busy job!
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2017
I learned about coaching and being in a leadership position in a team setting at a collegiate level. I was able to learn all of the insights of budgeting, planning and coordinating a team of 8 girls alongside the two coaches. I also set up and managed team practices, as well as planned trips for tournaments.
The hardest part of the job for me was to gain the girls' respect since I was their teammate before. I needed to make sure they viewed and talked to me as a coach and not a friend. This was hard in the beginning but I worked at it and found that I gained their trust, respect and full attention when talking to them and helping hem out in any situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning that was I was doing that year was exactly what I want to do in the future some day. Learning everything about the job excited me.
I value this experience and am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work for such a fantastic institution.
excellent teammates
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working here as a graduate student. THere weren't a lot of hours available but I was always given the most available. The professors work with you hand in hand.
Temporary/good for students
University Housing Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
Temporary school job, so it is very relaxed. It isn't a job that requires you to work strenuous hours because it is meant for students to be able to balance with school.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Minimal Pay/Time commitment even when not "working"
Excellent Working Environment
Bioinformatics Programmer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
There is easy parking, Howling Cow ice cream, Food truck availability, tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, well balanced between slow and high paced job, and laid back environment.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, variety of professionals and students
Cons
work availability based on contracts/grants