North Carolina State University Employee Reviews

Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Great professors, well-funded research program, great equipment on campus. Opportunities for growth and learning in desired field. Environment is very great place for strengthening education.
An Enviroment With Low Moral and No Perks for Their Employees
Assignment Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was my rapport with customers that I communicated with from all over the country and engaging with them.

There was nothing hard about my job.

I found that some of the Immediare Supervisors were Unprofessional
Pros
Mon-Fri Schedule
Cons
Pay Rate was not great, Benefits were not great, Immediate Supervisors were unprofessional The Center closing due to Economic and Financial Reasons
Workplace culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2017
It is good to work with people at this place. They embrace people irrespective of their national origin, race, religion etc
productive but very fun
Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2017
the office culture was the best. it was a very relaxed feel and everyone enjoyed a good joke. we are serious and work very hard but know when its okay to have fun.
good mentor ship and excellent projects to work on
Graduate research assistant (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Standard work-life balance and excellent opportunity to learn new skills. I learned good research and life skills. The management is very supportive. Workplace is healthy and professional. Hardest part of the job was workload and most enjoyable part of the job was to experience the thrill of discovery.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
less structured
Good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2017
This was work study nothing super special, mostly helping the theater program put shows together and doing duties assigned by the faculties within this program
Great Place to grow!
Library Assistant,Govt Doc Assistance, Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2017
Wish I had taken advantage of all the opportunities this position offered. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students. Seeing them accomplish the goals set and graduate was a great experience for me. It never gets old.
Pros
helping others achieve success.
Hard work, long hours
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Paid for 20 hours/week but often the job would require less than that. Other than that preparing to help students was the most time-consuming part.
dead end job
refrigeratoon tech (Former Employee) –  centennial campusJanuary 14, 2017
University lies thru omission. No structure in place for advancement or any raises. Negotiated salary at hire is all you will ever get. Health nsurance cost is same as that bought on private market yourself. Only perk.....time accrues for sick days and vacation days immediately upon hire. If you are looking for low pay with days off this is your place to work. Poor scheduling led to many mandatory work weekends. Then you take a comp. Day off during the week. Lots of hidden agendas and politics. Several were laid off in other departments with upwards of 10 years vested in university positions. Job titles renamed and others hired in at lower pay etc.
Pros
days off
Cons
poor compensation...poor management
productive and fun work place with the opportunity of development
Graduate Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 11, 2017
The housing and residence life where i worked is a very good work place that allows diversity. Able to provide good customer service to the students while being professionally focused.
Pros
Free accommodation for GHDs
Cons
time

Want to know more about North Carolina State University?

Ask a question
Fantastic job
University Housing Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 11, 2017
It was a great experience. It was a rewarding experience. I enjoyed helping everyone. I learned to listen and respond to the needs of residents.
Good job for lower classmen.
C-Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2017
This job was super easy, but it got boring at times. I had to constantly find things to do around the store. We were able to work on Homework though, which was a huge plus!
Learn a Lot
Graduate Research Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Get to work on hands on research using top of the line equipment. The people around and professors are some of the best groups you will find to work with.
Excellent
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2016
Excellent place to work, Great work culture, they care about employees. Their is great opportunity for advancement. I personally need a more challenging career.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
This position is not challenging enough for my skillset
Big changes ahead, but a little stuck on the old ways...
Employee Development and Success Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2016
NC State is an innovative campus with a focus on students, collaboration, and innovation. With efforts to centralize programs and initiatives and increase communication across divisions and departments, NC State is moving along!

My direct supervisors have been amazing but, as in any bureaucratic organization, it can get a little political at times which can interfere with efficiency and innovation.
Pros
Innovative, general job security and benefits for full-time permanent employees
Cons
Decentralized efforts and communication
Educational
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 17, 2016
The work environment allowed me to learn new skills and meet new people. Job security is an issue due to limited funds but that comes with the territory of academia.
Laid-back, hard work, and productivity
Poultry Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2016
My manager gave us task to do in the beginning and then it became an everyday thing. My co-workers were all friendly and ready to work. The hardest part of the job was being able to get all the work done in a time-framed manor. I mostly enjoy gaining knowledge every day on our animals.
Pros
Being able to work with animals
Cons
short work weeks
Great institution of learning
Geology Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 15, 2016
Teaching geology labs and later on becoming the geoscience outreach representative for the school provided a rewarding experience. I was given freedom to tailor instruction to my own guidelines while staying within the bounds of what was expected to be taught.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2016
Flexible hours, and interesting work. Wide range of resources available to students. Receptive faculty. Administration is a bit cumbersome. Overall lots of opportunities to gain experience in subjects outside of your specific research topic.
Aggie pride
Student Success Advocate/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 9, 2016
NC A&T State University is a wonderful, family like environment that offers growth and personal/professional development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Carolina State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2