North Central Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and a great learning environment.
Patient Care Assistant, Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Everyday at the hospital there is always something new to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and caring for patients.
Productive fun place to work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio TxJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help patient and care for then.
Fast paced learning enviroment
Primary care nurse on a medical telemetry unit (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
I have 5-6 patient that require cardiac monitoring ( telemetry). I administer medication, communicate and educate patients regarding their condition. Inform physician when there is a change in the patients status. I pass medication, do dressing changes, deal with crisis situation when patients go from stable to unstable. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience it offers.
Fast paced healthcare environment
Cardiovascular Technologist/Special Procedures Lab (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: saving lives
Cons: short or no breaks or lunch
We were a smaller group that worked very closely with doctors and other staff to ensure a positive experience for the patient and their families.
Great People but staffing is terrible
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Med/SurgAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: terrible staffing
I love the people that I work with, but everyone complains. There is minimal staffing so the employees complain, the doctors complain, and of course, the patient's complain. I have worked there about 6 months and have actually taken a lunch about 5 times. There are times when you don't get to go to the restroom! Very unhealthy.
Is this the way it is everywhere?
Hard working team enviroment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: met great people
Cons: long days
Our days were always non-stop from 7 to 7. Phones constantly ringing, Doctors orders never stopping, and patients always registering. However, we were a team and we worked hard as a team. We did things that "weren't in our job description" to help each other out. No one was "above it" to do something. I learned that is what really team players do and that though we worked autonomously we still were working as a team.
patient oriented
Emergency Department, LVN (Former Employee), san antonio, txApril 1, 2014
great work place, busy ER, plenty of training and opportunities for advancement
Good
H.I.M. Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJanuary 16, 2014
great people and great staff. Very nice facilities for staff and patients.
uncompassionate
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great team work
Cons: no time for lunch
Absolutely loved my day to day work and my co-workers.
I learned some people are treated way more fairly than others in the same circumstances.
And if you have a policy you should really let your staff know about that it even exists ahead of time and/or access to read all of them outside or work and not just in this massive index on the intranet only on work computers.
I learned I am Strong and can get over anything with my head held high.
Great management
Registered Nurse/Preceptor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2013
I enjoyed my co-workers there. Very supportive team. I worked there as a GN, everyone there was helpful. Wish I didn't have to leave, but I had to relocate.
lots of laughs,productive place to work in
CNA (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2013
I really enjoy working at this company everyone is really helpful the staff is fun and communication is always open I enjoy everyone I work with were like a family and I would recommend anyone to come to this hospital as a patient as well as a job opportunity.
awesome team
Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2012
Great learning experience, was able to gain knowledge on many pediatric and neonatal exams that I would not have been able to elsewhere.
team work environment with excellent people to work with
Registered Nurse-NICU (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2012
the hardest part of the job is the saddest parts
the best parts are the happiest moments