North Central Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

overall a great place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2017
When I worked there I encountered very nice people, they were very helpful, and the department was very organized. The employees I worked with applied good team work and over all give good patient care.
December 9, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! At North Central Baptist, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Registered Nurse II- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2017
NCB is a great place to work for! They take the time to train and mold their new hires into excellent nurses! If you are wanting to learn and put forth the time to succeed they will see to it that you do.
October 17, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to North Central Baptist Hospital's success.

Great pay, not so great working encvironment
Procedural Sedation RN/PACU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
You will work hard for every cent you make. I learned that although it appears to be based on teamwork, I can assure you that everyone is only looking out for themselves and if you are sinking, nobody will throw you a lifesaver. It was difficult for me to go to work everyday in that kind of environment. I really am a team player but it gets to be daunting when you are one of few that truly is.
September 22, 2017

Thank you for being honest with us. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Consistent work environment
CNA-Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
As a CNA, you basically do anything and everything. Prepare to work your behind off here. It's constantly busy but if you're a hard-working individual, you will enjoy this job greatly. Time passes by very quickly if you keep busy.
September 16, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Short-staffed but good people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
Lots of overtime due to short-staffing, the people are good to work with though. Management changes a lot or is not around to address issues. Some of the doctors can be challenging to work with. Administration doesn't try to keep their employees happy.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not able to take time off, absent management
Christian, smoke-free organization
Express Admit Unit-ER, RN II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
Unfortunately, this organization is always understaffed, employees are consistently overworked and/or asked to work overtime, and opportunities for advancement are preferential.
Excellent place to work.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2017
North Central Baptist is an excellent place to work. The service and team attitudes is all for the safety of the patient. Excellent training for employee's.
Very welcoming to students!
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
It can be difficult to not become overwhelmed at first, however the staff are always eager to help students and show them something, such as a surgery, that can truly benefit them.
I love what I do and the people I work with
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
career grow opportunities and great environment I feel that management is flexible when it comes to schedule and understanding about family and career responsabilities
It was okay
Customer service, worked closely (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
There where others that liked to bully some woman because they could not do the job when asking for help about learning new things . No support for the new hires
Productivity driven, nice Physicians and colleagues
Therapist (Former Employee) –  San antonioJuly 14, 2017
The bottom line is the goal here. Dedicated clientele and healthcare professionals.
Long hours without overtime- salary for healthcare workers.
Holidays unpaid.
More training for support staff and management needed.
Not supportive
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Not supportive of nurses. No clear path for advancement
New grad nurses training new hires.
Not truthful about position. Oncology floor really a med-surf dumping ground
Decent
EVS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  san antonio, texasJune 21, 2017
Good benefits, pay is OK. High turnover rate in almost every department, upper mgmt has unrealistic expectations with minimal staff. Alot of drama/gossip among employees. Favoritism happens behind closed doors, poorly managed over the weekends/holidays.
Pros
benefits, clean environment, helpful staff
Cons
high turnover rate, poor recruiting
Good
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2017
Great environment and worked with great people. Salary could have been a little better but over all enjoyed working with the people in the surgical department.
Fun and Balanced
Patient Care Assistant (oncology) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
The team is great and they were super flexible with my schedule since I was in school as well. Sometimes you would get floated to another floor is it was not busy enough but my unit always did their best to accommodate me and they were so helpful when I had questions
A great family
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
I did critical care the entire time I was at NCBH. My Neonatal and Pediatric ICU teams were phenomenal. I could not have asked for a better place stretch my experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
great peer & patient relationships
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
the comments I could make here could not provide a fair assessment pen-to- paper............. it would require a simple, brief, face-to-face exchange.
Pros
3-day work-week, some flexibility w/ scheduling
Cons
employers expecting more w/ less, holidays & weekend work
My work ethics
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2017
I have been working in health care for about 7 years now and I love it. I am not a huge fan of home health care but I love working in the hospital. I have learned o many things with being in the hospital that will help me and benefit me with my nursing career.
Poor management and poor job culture
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2017
There were many problems with this hospital and unit. There was a very high turnover rate and there were regularly too many patients for the nurses to handle and safe harbor had to be called by the entire unit multiple times. The staff were cliquish and did not all welcome new comers if you were not like them and you were not okay with workarounds. All in all I would not suggest anyone work there.
Pediatric nurse
Registered Nurse (Pediatrics) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2017
wonderful team to work with. opportunity to work on different floors such as nicu, picu, and nursery. continued education is encouraged and supported.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Central Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

North Central Baptist Hospital Reviews by Location