North Central Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

work on top of work
Linen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
this place has good benefits but if your a hard worker you get under appreciated they would rather give you more work than make the lazy employees work in a phrase if your not a favorite or family member to office your not moving up or getting help with furthering your education
Pros
benefits if you handle the two face people
Cons
environment by that i mean management
Fruitful and rewarding
Staff Development Educator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
Very autonomous.
A typical day at North Central Baptist was quite productive and fruitful. Beginning with a review of the daily needs, leading into educational rounds, in-services on evidence-based practice and process improvement, meeting with other key members in healthcare and attending committees to decipher educational and/or regulatory compliance needs, as well as monitor outcomes, each day ended in a rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Management rounds were completed daily in an effort to support leadership as well as staff and also to promote patient perception of quality care.
Colleagues were compassionate and supportive team players.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that not all can be receptive to educational and/or regulatory compliance needs at all times, however, the best part of the job was (and will always be) knowing that I can and do make a difference when I "let go and let God" guide me on a daily basis.
Pay and Benefits are good; however staff are overworked
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Registered nurses are overworked. Not enough staff in my department. Management were not able to make time for me. Healthcare benefits are great!
Medical Surgical/Telemetry
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2016
I worked there for four years. I loved the staff and the patients. The location of the hospital was in a very nice area. This unit in particular was a very run down part of the hospital. The entire hospital was so nice and new but this unit. We were the busiest in the hospital too. We were always short staff so that made the job more stressful because you felt like you couldn't give your patients as much attention as you wish you could have.
Pros
Only 3 twelve hour shifts a week, pay isn't bad if part time or pool, for full time it is nice if on the WOW program otherwise it is low, I loved the staff and the current director was nice.
Cons
Short staff, equipment for the unit doesn't always work
Safe and compassionate care of clients
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2016
The employees provide safe and compassionate care to it's clients, but I don't feel the management has your back as an employee. There are many perks for working for the company.
Great place but it has a pretty big down side.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I worked for Conifer in the ER as a Patient access representative. The job can be fun if you're around people you get along with. You would have to have great customer service in order to ease the mind of the patients coming in. The nurses and doctors are nice and fun to be around too. My only complaint is that my managers didn't have enough people working the ER leaving the few of us there to deal with an overly heavy workload. One time there were only two of us on night shift and that was running LnD, ER, transfers, admissions, and getting items for surgery patients, and on busy nights it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Also I was hired for day shift but then after 2 weeks they moved me to night shift without a proper explanation.

If you're in the ER sometimes you might not get breaks because of how busy it is if that's important to you on a 12 hour shift.
Pros
Fun environment with the right people
Cons
Understaffed
Administration/Patient Access Supervisor
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working in Administration and meeting the nurses and physicians who worked at the hospital. I worked very closely with all and admired the work they did. When I moved over to Patient Access - that was not so enjoyable and although I was told it was a promotion, it ended up being the worst experience I had encountered. Bad managers and I wished I could have returned to Administration.
Excellent place to work!
MANAGER ASSISTANT/TECH (Former Employee) –  OncologyDecember 22, 2016
The energy, the staff, the administrators, and even the patients are great. This hospital has an amazing work environment that you d on't want to miss.
Great place to work with wonderful team of nurses and dcotors working together
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2016
This was by far my favorite experience in nursing so far in my career. This was a wonderful atmosphere to work in and the people who I served with every day were brilliant, caring, and kind.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Teamwork
Cons
Commute to San Antonio
lack of career advancement
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2015
theres not much room for advancement, the carreer options to move up it harder and close to impossible, and the pay doesnt quite match up with the amount of work put in day after day
friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2015
Team environment with a lot of support from management. Enjoyable and positive place to work. Unfortunately there is an "off season" which requires much floating or cancellation of shifts due to decreased patient census.
Great place to work with lots of overtime
Dietary Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work. I had an opportunity to give direct care to patients when serving meals in rooms. gave me a good feeling. Kitchen was really busy which helped to make time fly. The teamwork was the best I' ever seen. Problem solving was quick and done by all.
Pros
We were allowed nine dollars for food.
Cons
Some co-workers didn" show up to work.
patient oriented
Emergency Department, LVN (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txApril 1, 2014
great work place, busy ER, plenty of training and opportunities for advancement
Fast paced learning enviroment
Primary care nurse on a medical telemetry unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
I have 5-6 patient that require cardiac monitoring ( telemetry). I administer medication, communicate and educate patients regarding their condition. Inform physician when there is a change in the patients status. I pass medication, do dressing changes, deal with crisis situation when patients go from stable to unstable. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience it offers.
uncompassionate
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2013
Absolutely loved my day to day work and my co-workers.
I learned some people are treated way more fairly than others in the same circumstances.
And if you have a policy you should really let your staff know about that it even exists ahead of time and/or access to read all of them outside or work and not just in this massive index on the intranet only on work computers.
I learned I am Strong and can get over anything with my head held high.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no time for lunch
Work environment
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXAugust 31, 2015
Working at the hospital I was able to perform all my duties to capacity. There was never a dull moment. All staff; in the hospital and my employer were always professional.
Cons
No healthcare
Hard working team enviroment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2014
Our days were always non-stop from 7 to 7. Phones constantly ringing, Doctors orders never stopping, and patients always registering. However, we were a team and we worked hard as a team. We did things that "weren't in our job description" to help each other out. No one was "above it" to do something. I learned that is what really team players do and that though we worked autonomously we still were working as a team.
Pros
Met great people
Cons
long days
Great People but staffing is terrible
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Med/SurgAugust 19, 2014
I love the people that I work with, but everyone complains. There is minimal staffing so the employees complain, the doctors complain, and of course, the patient's complain. I have worked there about 6 months and have actually taken a lunch about 5 times. There are times when you don't get to go to the restroom! Very unhealthy.
Is this the way it is everywhere?
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible staffing
Productive and a great learning environment.
Patient Care Assistant, Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Everyday at the hospital there is always something new to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and caring for patients.
lots of laughs,productive place to work in
CNA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2013
I really enjoy working at this company everyone is really helpful the staff is fun and communication is always open I enjoy everyone I work with were like a family and I would recommend anyone to come to this hospital as a patient as well as a job opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Central Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval