North Central Bronx Hospital

North Central Bronx Hospital Employer Reviews

productive
Volunteer/Unit Clerk (Former Employee), ny nyJanuary 16, 2014
I would co host seminars about breastfeeding. I would construct diaper cakes.
i loved meeting new people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: had the oportunity to experience how the emergency room works
Cons: it was an internship
i translated for Dr.s in the emergency room and spoke with in patients on health care proxy. the hardest part was seeing people in pain. i enjoyed helping patients in anything that they needed.
Friendly community atmosphere with overly high expectations.
Ambulatory Care Social Worker (Current Employee), Bronx,NYJuly 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too much work for one person
There is no typical day as the work load and feeling tone varies due to the unpredictability of the job itself, including volume of patients seen and last minute demands. For example, staff meetings are scheduled, then cancelled, then re-scheduled without much lead time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.

The most enjoyable aspect – more... is the clinical work I do with patients and collaborative work with colleagues. – less
Patient Relations Intern
Patient Relations Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2013
This was the stepping stone for working with people. I learned so much here and still use that knowledge and apply it to the new settings that I am exposed to.
A good place.
Staff Nurse Psychiatry (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 24, 2013
Pros: full benefits after a stipualated # of years of service or age
Cons: pay is less than private hospitals, it ties you down with the pension benefits that you hesitate to look for a better paying job
NCB is a small community of devote and happy workers. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect in most part, compared to other places. I like working here because the line staff works as a team on my own unit, A typical day at work is the day a patient followed me behind and wanted to beat me up. This was because I reported him for sneaking in a workman – more... in his room which is banned from the unit. – less
professional work environment.
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 11, 2013
Skillful and precise in performing venipuncture and capillary punctures; collecting, preparing and storing blood samples; and verifying medical records.
Possess excellent patient-relations skills – known for having a gentle touch and the ability to alleviate patient anxieties. My co- workers enjoy there work which make for a professional and peaceful – more... work environment – less
Lovely enviornment
Student Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 7, 2013
Pros: the connections
Cons: n/a
I just loved speaking with the volunteers who dedicated their lives without pay faithfully to this hospital. They made my day, everyday!
productive in the office of the operating room
Volunteer Operating Room Receptionist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 15, 2013
Pros: easy going staff
Cons: had little assignments
seperate patient documents apart
answer phone calls and transfer to the right person
organize patients documents into proper files
let someone know over the intercom there was an important call on hold
Clean and respectful enviroment amongst employees
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2013
Pros: operated as you pleased within by laws of hospital
Cons: short breaks
Manager was very unprofessional and employees was very helpful .
Decent place to work if you are not interested in growth.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: small facility; family culture amonst staff; coffee shop
Cons: no parking; some managers have no training and it shows
Very nice facility.

Rough client culture.

Improvements needed but no place is perfect.
CUSTUMER SERVICE GIVEN IS GREAT!
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2012
I LOVE NORTH CENTRAL BRONX HOSPITAL. I HAVE WORKED IN PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS AND NCB IS THE BEST. WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK
Review
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bronx, New YorkAugust 4, 2012
I was employed for 7 years and I must say that there excellent services are reemarkable and still continues to service people with respect. I love NCBH because its faimly oriented and just the staff member tries to help you so much.

I finish college and I will definite try to apply for a Reception/Medical Secretary – more... position if available. Again Thank you for providing excellent service. – less
internship days routine
RN, LPN, PCA, PCT and Clerical's (Former Employee), 1400 jacobi hospitalJuly 23, 2012
 Scanned more than 150 copies of RN, LPN, PCA, PCT and Clerical’s package
 Obtain faxed, mailed and printed CPR cards and other documents
 Pulled charts, Attended and dialed phone calls to and from RN, LPN, PCT, PCA, and MD’s
 Typed emails and printed flyers
A very busy environment but great !
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2012
very good city hospital to work in, was a "family" type of environment of people that cared for one another....miss it a lot
Medical Hospital
HIV Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 1, 2012
An educational and screening program providing HIV education and testing services to patients with differing risk behaviors.
a comprehensive review cannot be done at this time
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 28, 2012
I worked at St Lukes Hospital in Manhattan, over a decade ago. A comprehensive evaluation cannot be done at this time.
Immense Learning Experience. However, it was time for me to make a positive change.
Level II Ultrasound Tech - Lead Technician (Former Employee), Bronx, New YorkJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: gained proficiency in ultrasound guided procedures, experience in fetal anomalies.
Cons: budget cutbacks
I miss my patients and professional relationships which I forged in my time at NCBH. In fact, I have heard from several of my patients who keep in touch after having delivered their babies. That is what means the most to me; that I was able to touch them and let me know how much of a privilege it was for me to serve them. However, it was time for me – more... to move onto a more positive work environment.As an employer, NCBH was fair, with the greatest benefits.However, unfortunately, their lower management & administrative personnel have achieved their positions not by merit or knowledge of their field, but through nepotism. – less
Good hospital because if one day I have to return I will do it.
Patient Care Technician in Operating Room (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: 7:30 hour a day
Use to work from 7:00 am
to 15:30 as an assistant nurse in the Operating Room before I continue my education as an Associate Degree in Medical Assistant and later a Bachelor Degree in Health.
Every day before surgery started, I made sure all operating rooms were loaded for patients, did inventories, replaced the secretary for lunch doing office work. – more... Also help nurses in their duties during surgery.
I learned how to maintain inventories by supervising orders from private companies, and learnt about human body, responsibilities of supplies and how to manage them.
The management team was sometimes too busy focusing on their personal job than employees, instead of coordinate both with is a part of management.
Concerning my co-workers, less employees for too much work to do which created bad atmosphere on work place.
The hardest part of the job was removing supplies after surgery because they were contaminated.
The most enjoyable part of the job, I was responsible of the order of supplies and in charge of the inventory process. – less