North Central Bronx Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Coworkers are helpful and interavtive
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2016
I have learned how to handle a large work load working for North Central Bronx in a very demanding environment. Coworkers are easy to get along with and are willing to help in all aspects. Multitasking is definitely a must. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients take care of their health while not having to worry how they will pay for thri care. The hardest part of the job is that they are understaffed and therefore work must still get done, double as quick.
Pros
Pros are that there is a lot of regognition for good work and enefits
Cons
The cns are that no matter how much help you get, there are not enough employees
Internship
Adminstrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2016
Working under the administrator of ambulatory care for NCBH was amazing. I was able to see the in's and out's of a typical day for an administrator. I worked closely work closely with patients and now have a sense of the other side of the healthcare system. This as my first real experience in health care.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No pay
Comfortable work enviorment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2016
Repetitive but enjoyable work. Easy going professional relationship between coworkers. Coworkers were patient and helpful through my training. Learned to use multiple line phone,pager and learned how to operate computer to input data. Supervisor was friendly and down to earth.
Great experience!!
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2016
My title was Phlebotomist/Intern, (Over 800 Draws) I learned a great deal and am very thankful for the opportunity. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the environment was great for learning and i left feeling highly confident and ready to be a great Phlebotomist.
Good place to aquire new skills
Clerical Associate - Temp Assignment (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing patients information and supporting the medical staff when ever needed. From my co-workers I learned how prioritize my work load to make my job easier and service our patience with a standard of excellence. The hardest part of my job is not knowing when I will get mandated to work a second tour. Its a process but a difficult one to adjust to.The most enjoyable part of my job is providing excellent customer service and in return patients leaving the hospital satisfied with the service. I love what I do.
Pros
location is close to where I live
Cons
Time line for going from temp to a permenant may take years.
productive
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2015
I loved working there. The co workers are hard working and comfort the patients. The superiors are there for you for any questions. They trained on the job. Every friendly environment well taking care of place. The patients get taking care of every good.
Pros
helps out as much as possible
Cons
N/A
Great for clinical experiences
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at North Central Bronx Hospital, the staff was always friendly, hours are flexible, and we worked as a team.
processed time sheets
Hospital Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2015
home health aids will send me there time sheets to be processed
for their weekly or bi-weekly pay data entry was done as well for all emplyoees time sheet
Pros
learned new things
Cons
temp postion
Fast paced pharmacy, Productive
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 21, 2015
North Central Bronx Hospital has an excellent staff which their goal is to give their best care to their patients. It has an excellent management.
Friendly environment
PCA, Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 12, 2015
Go to assigned area and start work.
Everyone was friendly
Management was a pleasure.
Co-workers were helpful
Short work week
reguster patients
Clerk Associate- Psychiatry Emergency (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2015
register patients that come thru the emergency
take phone calls
fax papers to other hospital
co worker are really nice and friendly
Goal oriented RN
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 10, 2014
NCBH is a very challenging place to be, with state of the art modern facility and a team of health care professionals that are very friendly and polite.
Putting the patient welfare first and ensuring customer satisfaction at all levels of care.
The Nurses share a good work relationship which focuses on patient care and recognizes family inputs a lot.

Review of current trends in care delivery and ongoing staff training to acquire new knowledge and skill
Pros
excellent working environment
Cons
good colleague relationship
Productive and welcoming work environment
Volunteer in Patient Transport Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Loved my time at North Central Bronx Hospital. My co-workers were great and very inviting. I enjoyed working with everyone in my department. My job was very fulfilling.
A good place.
Staff Nurse Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2013
NCB is a small community of devote and happy workers. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect in most part, compared to other places. I like working here because the line staff works as a team on my own unit, A typical day at work is the day a patient followed me behind and wanted to beat me up. This was because I reported him for sneaking in a workman in his room which is banned from the unit.
Pros
full benefits after a stipualated # of years of service or age
Cons
pay is less than private hospitals, it ties you down with the pension benefits that you hesitate to look for a better paying job
Friendly community atmosphere with overly high expectations.
Ambulatory Care Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx,NYJuly 20, 2013
There is no typical day as the work load and feeling tone varies due to the unpredictability of the job itself, including volume of patients seen and last minute demands. For example, staff meetings are scheduled, then cancelled, then re-scheduled without much lead time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.

The most enjoyable aspect is the clinical work I do with patients and collaborative work with colleagues.
benefits
Cons
too much work for one person
professional work environment.
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2013
Skillful and precise in performing venipuncture and capillary punctures; collecting, preparing and storing blood samples; and verifying medical records.
Possess excellent patient-relations skills – known for having a gentle touch and the ability to alleviate patient anxieties. My co- workers enjoy there work which make for a professional and peaceful work environment
Review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkAugust 4, 2012
I was employed for 7 years and I must say that there excellent services are reemarkable and still continues to service people with respect. I love NCBH because its faimly oriented and just the staff member tries to help you so much.

I finish college and I will definite try to apply for a Reception/Medical Secretary position if available. Again Thank you for providing excellent service.
Immense Learning Experience. However, it was time for me to make a positive change.
Level II Ultrasound Tech - Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJanuary 4, 2012
I miss my patients and professional relationships which I forged in my time at NCBH. In fact, I have heard from several of my patients who keep in touch after having delivered their babies. That is what means the most to me; that I was able to touch them and let me know how much of a privilege it was for me to serve them. However, it was time for me to move onto a more positive work environment.As an employer, NCBH was fair, with the greatest benefits.However, unfortunately, their lower management & administrative personnel have achieved their positions not by merit or knowledge of their field, but through nepotism.
Pros
gained proficiency in ultrasound guided procedures, experience in fetal anomalies.
Cons
budget cutbacks
The administration is very great
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 26, 2014
Working place was safe and calm, I was trained for three days and I was then assigned to my duty post in which everymorning, I report to work I know what to do.
Pros
it was agreat experience for me
Cons
there was no vacanies
positive environment and fun to be around.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2015
greeting patients, register the patients by their medical record numbers. Nothing about the job was hard always best to challenge yourself when somethings its not as easy as it looks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Central Bronx Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4