North Central Bronx Hospital Employee Reviews

Love working here
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2017
It is very busy and very fast but its rewarding and the staff here is amazing.

I love working with a team of people that care about the patients in the same way that I do.
Nursing student
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2017
Teaching facility that takes pride in teaching their students. Most of the staff and management are interested in teaching and do so with enthusiasm which benefits the students
Great learning experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2017
Being an Intern there was great, you will learn a lot , and learn from the interdisciplinary team .. There is an hour lunch break but I find that many times it is so busy and that you will usually work through your lunch .
Overall a positive environment to work in.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2017
I have worked here for 2 plus years. It has been a majorly positive experience and have no major qualms with the organization. I would Recommend this Organization to Others.
Is was a great place to learn many new things
Clinical Internship/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2017
you always met old or new patients each with their own pleasant personalities. I've learned how to handle certain specimens, I learned different techniques on how to calm geriatric paitents and pediatric patients. The hardest part of the job was obtaining blood specimens from newborn/infants.T
Pros
it was a great learning experience
Cons
internship ended quickly
was a pleasure to work and family oriented
Hospital Care Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I learned alot working for NCB. The workers were great and management too. Hardest part of job was seeing the sick patients.
I enjoyed what I do because I was able to help people.
Pros
great to work for comapany
Cons
at time I worked I had no cons
busy and fast paced place to work
Clerical Associate Level llll (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2016
I loved my job working in the Er and being able to help people.It made me feel good knowing I busted helped someone.Worked with great DR's and Nurses and they taught me some good things
Pros
aslways helping people
Cons
short staffed
Productive and Fun Workplace
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work was like a breath of fresh air, I was always so excited to attend work. I learned so much from working in a hospital with many different personalities, working with co-workers older than me but that didn't look or treat me any different because I wasn't the same age as them.Learning that every job matters/counts no matter what position you have. My co-workers and supervisors always treated me with respect and showered me with words of wisdom, to follow my dreams and to do well in college. North Central Bronx Hospital is the reason that I am majoring in Health Studies today. The hardest part of my job was leaving because it was a summer job and I also had to leave for college. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the patients smile and that's when I knew working in the medical field was for me!
Introduction
Contract/Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2016
North Central Bronx, was my introduction into the administrative workforce. Through this opportunity, I was able to learn how organizations think in regards to hiring, firing and developing employees. I was able to work with very detailed and active administrators who expected optimal performance daily to achieve agency standards.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
compensation
Comfortable work enviorment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2016
Repetitive but enjoyable work. Easy going professional relationship between coworkers. Coworkers were patient and helpful through my training. Learned to use multiple line phone,pager and learned how to operate computer to input data. Supervisor was friendly and down to earth.
Internship
Adminstrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2016
Working under the administrator of ambulatory care for NCBH was amazing. I was able to see the in's and out's of a typical day for an administrator. I worked closely work closely with patients and now have a sense of the other side of the healthcare system. This as my first real experience in health care.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No pay
Coworkers are helpful and interavtive
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2016
I have learned how to handle a large work load working for North Central Bronx in a very demanding environment. Coworkers are easy to get along with and are willing to help in all aspects. Multitasking is definitely a must. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients take care of their health while not having to worry how they will pay for thri care. The hardest part of the job is that they are understaffed and therefore work must still get done, double as quick.
Pros
Pros are that there is a lot of regognition for good work and enefits
Cons
The cns are that no matter how much help you get, there are not enough employees
Great experience!!
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2016
My title was Phlebotomist/Intern, (Over 800 Draws) I learned a great deal and am very thankful for the opportunity. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the environment was great for learning and i left feeling highly confident and ready to be a great Phlebotomist.
Great for clinical experiences
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at North Central Bronx Hospital, the staff was always friendly, hours are flexible, and we worked as a team.
Good place to aquire new skills
Clerical Associate - Temp Assignment (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing patients information and supporting the medical staff when ever needed. From my co-workers I learned how prioritize my work load to make my job easier and service our patience with a standard of excellence. The hardest part of my job is not knowing when I will get mandated to work a second tour. Its a process but a difficult one to adjust to.The most enjoyable part of my job is providing excellent customer service and in return patients leaving the hospital satisfied with the service. I love what I do.
Pros
location is close to where I live
Cons
Time line for going from temp to a permenant may take years.
productive
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2015
I loved working there. The co workers are hard working and comfort the patients. The superiors are there for you for any questions. They trained on the job. Every friendly environment well taking care of place. The patients get taking care of every good.
Pros
helps out as much as possible
Cons
N/a
processed time sheets
Hospital Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2015
home health aids will send me there time sheets to be processed
for their weekly or bi-weekly pay data entry was done as well for all emplyoees time sheet
Pros
learned new things
Cons
temp postion
Fast paced pharmacy, Productive
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 21, 2015
North Central Bronx Hospital has an excellent staff which their goal is to give their best care to their patients. It has an excellent management.
Friendly environment
PCA, Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 12, 2015
Go to assigned area and start work.
Everyone was friendly
Management was a pleasure.
Co-workers were helpful
Short work week
reguster patients
Clerk Associate- Psychiatry Emergency (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2015
register patients that come thru the emergency
take phone calls
fax papers to other hospital
co worker are really nice and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Central Bronx Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5