North Coast Logistics Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A great learning experience
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 25, 2013
A typical day at work would be checking in drivers and getting any inbound paperwork ready for the dock. We would prepare paperwork for outbound loads by manifesting anywhere from 9-17 loads per day, depending on inbound loads. I'd never done shipping and receiving until this position and even though some days were more crazy and stressful than others, I thoroughly enjoyed the job and those I worked with.
Pros
i loved my schedule
Cons
rate of pay
great job
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 23, 2013
Come in do your job and go home. If you do that you will be fine.
Pros
great management
Cons
lay offs
good work enviornment with other experienced co-workers and top of the line equipment
Warehousing/Shipping/Receiving/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookpark, OhioNovember 2, 2012
my typical work day consisted of loading and unloading trucks, staging and pulling of various freight according to destination. Other duties included varifying piece counts according to manifests, creating manifests for inbound and outbound trucks, staging freight throughout the warehouse to store and for future truck loads. General cleanup duties within the warehouse and maintaining forklifts such as checking fluid levels and keeping equipment clean and operating correctly. making myself available for all overtime hours, mandatory and voluntary.
Pros
nice clean work enviornment, plenty of hours available with consistent schedule.
Cons
some drivers caused problems and due to dis-honest statements caused problems.
administrative manager
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  parma ohioOctober 12, 2012
North Coast Logistics was a good place to work but I had to quit. I had to travel to all the plants, one in columbus, one in akron.
The work environment became a little on the hostile side.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks

4.3