Objective of Position: To reduce and control losses to the Bank from all sources through the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive security program. Provides consultation to senior management and supports branches, Operations units and department managers in all security matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in directing internal and external security and loss prevention resources to reduce or eliminate losses from all sources.
- Develops implements and administers all physical and procedural segments of the Bank Security Program.
- Provides continual consultation and written reports to Senior Management and annually to the Board of Directors concerning security issues.
- Prepares an annual report to the Board of Directors of the Security Program evaluation.
- Works with Bank legal representatives and department managers to ensure Bank employees, customers, facilities, assets, records are protected.
- Works with Bank department managers to design and implement security components for operations and other strategic processes.
- Selects, maintains, and tests appropriate intrusion devices, alarms, cameras that record activity in appropriate locations and warn of possible threats to employees or facilities.
- Develops and implements physical security and safety procedures and processes for Bank branches and facilities
- Plans for reducing or eliminating premises liability issues and provides Bank site and threat assessment documentation.
- Assists Bank operations with developing and implementing courier and armored car carrier processes
- Develops and maintains corporate investigative processes and standards and assists Fraud Department in investigating all internal and external criminal violations, suspicious incidents and policy violations that may become security infractions.
- Creates and retains case management records for all investigations under the guidance and assistance of the Security Officer.
- Develops and assists in rolling out Bank employee security training programs.
- Establishes and maintains a satisfactory liaison with law enforcement officers at all levels in geographical areas where the employees and bank facilities are located.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field
- 5+ years’ previous experience in retail banking loss prevention
- 2+ years’ previous general law enforcement experience
- Previous white collar crime experience within a law enforcement agency , preferred but not required
- Previous crisis management experience
- In-depth knowledge of criminal and civil law procedures, investigative procedures and methodology and report writing, case management experience, testifying and managing investigations
- Experience in selecting alarm and security device contractors
- Highly developed and proven leadership, negotiation and investigation skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Significant knowledge of security contracting process for personnel and equipment
- Basic knowledge of financial investigation process models, applications
- Basic knowledge of accounting, compliance, audit processes and their interaction with the security function
- Basic knowledge of guard service processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Serving your community for 99 years.
We're proud of our community bank heritage and the vital role we have in your neighborhood. From our...