North Country Associates Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible coworkers and management
CRMA (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 14, 2017
This place is horrible to work at. There are non stop call outs and no shows that aren't addressed, none of the staff are willing to help so the 2 that are get stuck working countless hours with no relief. Management refuses to help with anything or address any issues. In order to get benefits you have to lose 15% of your pay and pay outrageous fees for insurance that doesn't cover anything. The residents are neglected and the building is disgusting and full of bugs.
Pros
Cons
everything
Sorry I ever worked there.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEAugust 28, 2017
They hire anyone off the street and tolerate no call no shows, tardiness, absenteeism, etc. Poor behavior is accepted because the staffing is so short. They continue to admit patients and don't even have the staff to care for the patients they all ready have.
Pros
Close to home. The patients made it tolerable.
Cons
Over worked, no support, lack of leadership, poor pay. No one listens
It was horrible
Crma/pss (Former Employee) –  Whitefield, MEAugust 21, 2017
It was absolutely horrible, so much drama brought on by co workers my grand children have more respect for people then the management and most of the staff.. I would never recommend anyone to work here it should be shut down by the state!!!!
I loved the Residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MEJuly 24, 2017
I have worked for this company off an on for about 5 yrs . I enjoy taking care of the residents.I really have no complaints I have spent many hours , days, evenings, an nights taking care of ppl an I enjoy what I do.
Pros
meeting new ppl
Cons
not getting enough sleep
Poorly Managed by Corporate Class
Food Services Director (Former Employee) –  MaineMay 8, 2017
I never worked in such an unsupportive environment. Lot's of turnover and poorly paid staff. Insurance rates were good. Really mis-managed on many levels.
Provided a new experience
Acting Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Livermore Falls, MEFebruary 20, 2017
I was hired in a temporary position, that limits what and were you can transition to . I believe it is also important to note it is difficult for many to get beyond I was a State Surveyor for long term care. The management team has been awesome to work with, and has offered me many positions to look into to remain with the company, unfortunately, those are not what or where I see myself functioning well. .
Pros
close to home
Cons
benifits are very limited
Censusto staffing to low
staff member who should have quit long ago (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 27, 2016
No assistance with work life balance - changes your schedule without notice - no advancement opportunity - reports of staff abuse to patients/residents ignored - complaints to AG and Maine Board of Nursing from families about staffing care - good workers leave because of lack of follow thru to the workers who should be fired
Pros
Cons
Didn't report them sooner
Amazing work place, I have no complaints.
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistone, MEAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about management here. I was initially hired as an analyst and eventually became the manger of AR. I learned how to deal with different personality types and how to motivate people differently. I truly enjoyed the camaraderie the staff had. This was a for profit company so balancing staff happiness with overall collections was always a tricky business. I wouldn't give up the experience for the world though.

Honestly I would have stayed in this position if I had not been actively recruited by a hospital. Acute care was something I didn't know and the offer to learn about it was too much. In exchange for helping their eldercare facilities come back in line I was offered the chance to learn all about acute care. Those types of offers don't come around often and I am truly always looking to learn more.
Pros
Very type knit group of corporate staff
Cons
Working with over 20 facilites, some of whom never even met you face to face.
Great place to internship!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Houlton, MEOctober 8, 2014
I have nothing but positive things to say about interning at Gardiner Healthcare! The administrator is professional and knows what she is doing.. I feel like I am learning so much!
Excellent company to work for
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 17, 2014
Flexible employment schedule
Excellent supportive boss to work for
Excellent people to work with
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salaried for only 30 hrs, census demanded more hours often times
Flexible work schedule.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 20, 2012
Outgoing and friendly management
Friendly employees
Only work 40 hours
Self learning/teaching ability
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
training