North Country Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Censusto staffing to low
staff member who should have quit long ago (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 27, 2016
No assistance with work life balance - changes your schedule without notice - no advancement opportunity - reports of staff abuse to patients/residents ignored - complaints to AG and Maine Board of Nursing from families about staffing care - good workers leave because of lack of follow thru to the workers who should be fired
Pros
Cons
Didn't report them sooner
Horribly mismanaged Old Folks Home- SCARY!!!!!!
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coopers Mills, MEJune 6, 2016
Horrible work environment. The DON leaves without having proper scheduling. Mandating is common practice and the thank you's are weak. The pay is the lowest in Maine. A high paid Aide there makes 10.47/hour. Housekeepers and kitchen people around 8.00/hr. They rule through fear and intimidation of losing the only paying job poor people have. There is no concern for residents safety when staffing is so low folks have to lay around in wet depends all day and night. Staff are allowed to go out and smoke as often as they want as the DON and administrator set this example. They cover up medication errors and think that as long as something is charted for the auditors it matters little if the care was actually done. This is by far the most negligent, horrible place I have ever had the displeasure to work at. It should be shut down by the feds.
Pros
short driving distance
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, no communication from management, low pay, Misogynistic DON and Administrator, unmanageable and unsafe workload.
Amazing work place, I have no complaints.
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistone, MEAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about management here. I was initially hired as an analyst and eventually became the manger of AR. I learned how to deal with different personality types and how to motivate people differently. I truly enjoyed the camaraderie the staff had. This was a for profit company so balancing staff happiness with overall collections was always a tricky business. I wouldn't give up the experience for the world though.

Honestly I would have stayed in this position if I had not been actively recruited by a hospital. Acute care was something I didn't know and the offer to learn about it was too much. In exchange for helping their eldercare facilities come back in line I was offered the chance to learn all about acute care. Those types of offers don't come around often and I am truly always looking to learn more.
Pros
Very type knit group of corporate staff
Cons
Working with over 20 facilites, some of whom never even met you face to face.
Great place to internship!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Houlton, MEOctober 8, 2014
I have nothing but positive things to say about interning at Gardiner Healthcare! The administrator is professional and knows what she is doing.. I feel like I am learning so much!
Excellent company to work for
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 17, 2014
Flexible employment schedule
Excellent supportive boss to work for
Excellent people to work with
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salaried for only 30 hrs, census demanded more hours often times

Want to know more about North Country Associates?

Ask a question