North Country Business Products, Inc.

North Country Business Products, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management, favortism, no respect for employees
Branch Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 29, 2016
No breaks were allowed, no PTO allowed for first 90 days, too much was expected in an 8 hour workday. Employees weren't treated fairly or respectfully, and company was unethical in many of it's business decisions. Employees weren't allowed to have opinions or ideas. Poor training with no written procedure guidelines.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits after 1 year, ESOP benefits
Cons
No breaks, unreasonable expectations, poor management
Official response from North Country Business Products, Inc.
July 21, 2016

Everyone has their own perspective, however we would like to clarify a few things. NCBP prides itself on being an ethical employer, as well as promoting a servant leadership culture. We expect all of our associates to treat our customers, fellow associates and vendors with the utmost respect at all times. We believe in doing the right things for the right reasons and upholding our company values. Being an ESOP company gives us a unique perspective and approach to our culture and policies. We acknowledge that NCBP isn’t a culture for everyone; our associates definitely work hard every day to get the job done, breaks are allowed and strongly encouraged. We strive to be as transparent as we can in our interview process to communicate accurate expectations.

Point Of Sale System Installer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 20, 2016
A good place to work, you will always be learning something new. There are a lot of knowledgeable employees that care about their job and customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Outside Sales/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 29, 2015
Team oriented workplace focusing on collaborative success with in the sales force. While also competitive the ultimate drive was to work as a team to ensure all employees were successful.
Pros
Health, dental, 401k, employee owned
Cons
N/A
Wonderful place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 22, 2013
North Country is unique because they are 100% employee owned. This is a great benefit for associates because not only do they get financial benefits but since their extra income depends on the company's success, all the associates work very well together. Managers treat others like peers and everyone feels welcome. This was a great place for me to spend so many hours of my day!
Pros
ESOP, flexible, understanding, great management.
Cons
Liked tasks and was always challenged
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNNovember 17, 2012
Supervised production and shipping departments as well as being in charge of in-house sales requiring lots of phone time as well as travel to gift shows.
expects far too much from their employees
Remote Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 24, 2012
poorly managed company who expects far too much for the compensation they offer. 3 state/200 store area, on call 24/7 for $13/hr?
Pros
self supervised
Cons
24/7 on call, very very poorly managed, zero room for advancement, zero compassion for field techs concerning driving hours, on call hours and poorly micromanaged by corrupt managers
Fine place to work
Help Desk Level II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 8, 2012
Fine place to work, family owned, but some politics and office favorites. Obsession with using the help desk as a profit center lends itself to higher stress levels than are really needed.
never boring< nice coworkers
service tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth,mnJanuary 13, 2012
Loved working up north. Met a lot of interesting people. Lots of challenges. Coworkers were fun to work with.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Country Business Products, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

North Country Business Products, Inc. Reviews by Location