North Country Hospital Employee Reviews

Execelent place to work!
Microsoft Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTDecember 30, 2016
When I worked here I felt like the organization cared about me and all employees. They have amazing people working in senior leadership. I can actually say that they took the time to know me and I feel like they are my friends. I feel guilty for leaving this organization because I felt like my coworkers were like family. I made a decision to leave so I could work closer to home and I regret it every single day!
Pros
Amazing people and leadership.
Cons
It is in Newport VT and it is a long way from everything.
Family place to work
Medical Records Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTNovember 15, 2016
There was LOTs of paperwork to file, they have now gone digital. Learned how to file paperwork in patient's charts, how to package charts to send to storage. Learned new computer programs. Management was management, okay. My co-workers were the best, this job I felt like I was with family. Medical Records is a great place to work, they make you feel welcome from day 1. I really did not find anything hard about this job. The enjoyable part is the feeling of family, cooperation and love in this department.
Pros
Family atmosphere, fun place to work.
Cons
For me digital, had to switch jobs.
Best place in the Northeast Kingdom to work~
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport, VTOctober 1, 2016
Unless you are a health care provider, the pay is relatively poor. The benefits and paid time off are excellent however. I am proud to work here. The hardest part of my job is the schedule, the physician's egos and the stress of being unreasonably overloaded with work. The CEO is awesome. A great, professional and down-to-earth guy. I'd recommend working here.
Close-knit community
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport, VTSeptember 26, 2016
Med-surg typically starts with a patient assignment of 4 patients, sometimes more. 12 hour days are the norm. Management is relatively easy to talk to and form a satisfactory relationship with. Co-workers are supportive and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when the census is high along with the acuity of the patients, which can happen anywhere. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving recognition/ appreciation from patients and their families about the care you provided.
Pros
3 days/ wk of work
Cons
stressful career (as expected)
worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VermontApril 1, 2016
The leadership and management are unprofessional and ignorant. The pay is bad. The people other than upper management are very very nice. I heard a lot of bad things about employees from the upper management that should never ever be allowed in a company. I still work here but I hate every day. I would not recommend this place to work!!
Licensed Practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport, VTSeptember 16, 2013
Good people and benefits. Best place to be in a small area like this.
NCH was a family orientated hospital that emphasized on excellent patient care. I felt very secure in my job, but earned a less than desirable wage,
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTMay 10, 2013
The best part of my job was the positive feedback I received from the clients I served.

The least desirable part of the job was the pay. Although my pay was considered "good" for the area, it was not enough to support a household of 1.
Pros
Very understanding management
Cons
Low pay scale