The North Country Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NCSPCA) in Essex County, NY, provides refuge for cats and dogs who have been surrendered, abandoned or abused. Our mission is to relieve their suffering and create a community in which animals are respected and valued. We are a no-kill shelter that gives each animal individual attention, medical treatment and compassionate daily care until a loving home can be found. We educate the public about the proper care of pets and work with law enforcement authorities to prevent and respond to cases of animal cruelty.
The NCSPCA recently opened a brand-new, state-of-the-art adoption center in Elizabethtown, NY. This is an opportunity to join our team and grow with us as we become a national model for animal care and rural, no-kill animal sheltering. Visit us online at www.ncspca.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/northcountryspca to learn more about us.
· Adhere to all Animal Care and Treatment Policies.
· Clean and disinfect all animal cages daily using NCSPCA protocols.
· Clean and disinfect all cage dishes daily.
· Provide food and clean water to animals.
· Wash and dry blankets, pillows or rugs that animals have been using.
· Fill all food bins with the proper type of food. Notify the Shelter Manager when supplies need to be ordered.
· Sweep and mop all floors daily.
· Remove garbage daily.
· Walk dogs at least twice a day.
· Remove animal waste from the shelter property.
· Assist volunteers and the public with removing animals from their cages.
· Assist with animal socialization and providing medical care.
· Assist with adoptions and surrenders.
· Answer the phone when the Shelter Manager is unavailable—defer all questions regarding the redemption or adoption of a specific animal for the Shelter Manager.
Animal Care Technicians are hired to assist with day-to-day care of the animals at the shelter. Performance will be measured on the animal care and cleanliness of the work area in addition to the employee's ability to work with the animals, co-workers and the public.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your skills and relevant experience.
Compensation: Minimum wage to start
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.