North County Health Services Employee Reviews

Great Team
Community Dental Services Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 13, 2017
I have a great team here at NCHS, our Supervisor is very understanding and very supportive of what we do. I feel comfortable with the fact that we when ever we need one of our team members to cover for us there are no questions asked.
Pros
Amazing Team
Cons
Low Pay
Positive Experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 20, 2017
Environment of workers interested in improving patient care. Very supportive MAs making delegation possible and freeing providers up to focus on time with patient. Administration takes the comments and opinions of staff seriously and will help put policies into practice.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Some providers work over lunch
Fun, comfortable, flexible
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 4, 2017
A typical day at NCHS, as a receptionist can most often be hectic, and fast paced. Thanks to the management team, I learn new things every day about different programs, and systems, for example, from learning a short cut on Microsoft word on how to cut & paste, to learning how to place orders in the system. The hardest part of the day is completing pre-registration as it is time consuming. My favorite part of the day is the first 2-3 hours because it is the most challenging.
Pros
Free lunches, convenient vendi machines, and great benefits!
Cons
Little or no time for breaks, lack of communication.
I love working at NCHS!
Administration (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I absolutely love working at NCHS! The culture, the administrative/management team and the positive working environment are what keep me here. I believe in our mission and love seeing the work we do within our community!
Awful work experience.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Very hostile work environment if you are not Hispanic. Unskilled workers supervise licensed nurses. Lead clinician married to director of nursing. Nepotism. High nurse turn over rate. Very bad work experience!!!!
Good
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 30, 2017
This job was the perfect job for back office experience. We do everything from EKG's to blood draws to minor procedures. It was the best experience I could have gotten.
I love working at NCHS!!!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 14, 2016
I recently started working at NCHS and really enjoy it. The staff is amazing and really care about making a difference in people's health care! This company is truly out to make a difference in quality care and access. They treat their patients and their employees with dignity and respect. I really appreciate everything they have done for me and I really appreciate my clinic staff and peers. If you want to work for a great organization that really cares about their patients then this is the place to work.
Pros
Patient care driven, flexible, great work life balance
Cons
Not enough time in the day to provide more access to care!
Short on provider respect
Mid level (Former Employee) –  NCHSAugust 9, 2016
Massive organization whose main objective seems to be to boost job economy by hiring inexperienced staff, high school culture/atmosphere...that also happens to provide healthcare on the side. Care is provided, but demeans patients by having them wear paper for exams and the cheapest speculum's with a one size fits all perspective. As a provider, you'll find your daily practice driven not by clinical staff but operations staff that likely has no experience or clinical background.
Pros
CEO is visionary but disconnected from operation
Cons
No professional courtes
BGR is misbegotten. Something that is not alive within the organization.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 12, 2016
Supervisor is never around, always out of her office in order to help or guide those who are still in training. If you wish to have supervisor who boasts of uninspiring matters and a department that wants you to be shut and say yes to everything, welcome.
Pros
Clean working areas.
Cons
Lack of communication within departments
Bad management but fun coworkers
Community Program Intern (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 11, 2016
Management is super critical of everything that goes on and micro-manages. They are working to fix this issue and have new people monitoring and fixing the flaws of catering. Overall awesome people to work with and everyone is so dedicated
It was nice to work for them lots of people
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 9, 2016
every one was friendly . good place to learn and move up in the industry. gov. funded . Learned a lot and if the upper management saw that you were doing a good job they would let you know
Pros
lots of job opening
Cons
pays little
Former Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2016
CEO and upper management are unaware of what takes place in each individual clinic. Constantly understaffed and underpaid for the "numbers" upper management is trying to achieve. Seasoned staff have a negative outlook and in some cases disrespect the new incoming staff/management. HR is aware, but they need to keep some staff.
Pros
Breaks enforced, benefits
Cons
Never enough staff, high turnover
They will descriminate/ hypocrisy
lvn (Former Employee) –  Pediatrics san marcosNovember 8, 2015
If you don't know Spanish fluently--Forget it! You must know fluent Spanish within a few months of hire or you're out. This company claims to champion diversity but that's nothing but paint on a hollow wall.
management
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EncinitasOctober 15, 2015
NCHS is an okay place to work as long as you are female or are not in a position of power. They treated their patients amazingly, however there was a lot left to be had for staffing and for middle management.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Prenatal coordinator cpsp (Former Employee) –  Oceanside californiaSeptember 8, 2015
My position as a cpsp coordinator was so amazing having that one on one with the patients, and feeling great with the education and assestments, and community help and the patients were very humble and really enjoyed our health facility and the great reward that I exceptionally enjoyed was the ongoing care and how they always came back after first, second, etc....,. My coworkers had a good relationship and have worked together for most of them since the 1980's and I really loved my work place and we pulled together and helped and learned from each other. The company was very supportive and we were always growing and opening up new health centers.
Pros
Great training and kept us up to date on cpsp and family planning and continuous training, workshops, close family relationship coworkers.
Cons
Not enough time in the day to spend with patients, but always followed up .
Former Employee
Family Practice Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 13, 2015
Huge disconnect between management and the providers. HR runs meetings and employee surveys that show the provider dissatisfaction, but there are no changes made regarding this data. High provider turn-over. Staff is predominately new and the company is constantly under-staffed and over-worked while management complains if they have to work an extra hour in their day. Do not work here if you want work-life balance!! If you do decide to work here make sure your contract is very detailed - management lied about several things during my interview about where I would be working and who I would work with but unfortunately contract was too vague to do anything about it.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
High employee turnover, always under-staffed
One of the Best Places To Work
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 28, 2015
Great People, Great Company, Great Management

In the short period of time that I have been at NCHS I find the best part of my job is working for an awesome Vice President and Executive Management team.

The company promotes building good relationships and practices this in everyone's daily scope of work.
very proactive work environment to the community
Healthcare Screener (Former Employee) –  San Marcos CaliforniaMay 20, 2015
assisted families with healthcare coverage for their children that may qualify for low or no cost healthcare. attended health fair events to inform the community what services the clinic had to offer.being able to drive to different cities.
Pros
able to chose my lunch break
Medical Receptionist/Records Floater
Medical Records/Receptionist Floater (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I was responsible for floating to different clinics to cover front desk responsibilities and helping in medical records
Pros
Different office everyday, paid mileage
Cons
communicating with patients due to not speaking their language
If you love helping people this is a great place to work
Clinic Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 3, 2014
I love to help people and I loved that part of the job. The staff was great but the supervisors at the time were hateful and vindictive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North County Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

North County Health Services Reviews by Location