North County Health Services

North County Health Services Employee Reviews

Former Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2016
CEO and upper management are unaware of what takes place in each individual clinic. Constantly understaffed and underpaid for the "numbers" upper management is trying to achieve. Seasoned staff have a negative outlook and in some cases disrespect the new incoming staff/management. HR is aware, but they need to keep some staff.
Pros
Breaks enforced, benefits
Cons
Never enough staff, high turnover
I love working at NCHS!!!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 14, 2016
I recently started working at NCHS and really enjoy it. The staff is amazing and really care about making a difference in people's health care! This company is truly out to make a difference in quality care and access. They treat their patients and their employees with dignity and respect. I really appreciate everything they have done for me and I really appreciate my clinic staff and peers. If you want to work for a great organization that really cares about their patients then this is the place to work.
Pros
Patient care driven, flexible, great work life balance
Cons
Not enough time in the day to provide more access to care!
Former Employee
Family Practice Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 13, 2015
Huge disconnect between management and the providers. HR runs meetings and employee surveys that show the provider dissatisfaction, but there are no changes made regarding this data. High provider turn-over. Staff is predominately new and the company is constantly under-staffed and over-worked while management complains if they have to work an extra hour in their day. Do not work here if you want work-life balance!! If you do decide to work here make sure your contract is very detailed - management lied about several things during my interview about where I would be working and who I would work with but unfortunately contract was too vague to do anything about it.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
High employee turnover, always under-staffed
BGR is misbegotten. Something that is not alive within the organization.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 12, 2016
Supervisor is never around, always out of her office in order to help or guide those who are still in training. If you wish to have supervisor who boasts of uninspiring matters and a department that wants you to be shut and say yes to everything, welcome.
Pros
Clean working areas.
Cons
Lack of communication within departments
Bad management but fun coworkers
Community Program Intern (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 11, 2016
Management is super critical of everything that goes on and micro-manages. They are working to fix this issue and have new people monitoring and fixing the flaws of catering. Overall awesome people to work with and everyone is so dedicated
It was nice to work for them lots of people
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 9, 2016
every one was friendly . good place to learn and move up in the industry. gov. funded . Learned a lot and if the upper management saw that you were doing a good job they would let you know
Pros
lots of job opening
Cons
pays little
management
LVN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EncinitasOctober 15, 2015
NCHS is an okay place to work as long as you are female or are not in a position of power. They treated their patients amazingly, however there was a lot left to be had for staffing and for middle management.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Prenatal coordinator cpsp (Former Employee) –  Oceanside californiaSeptember 8, 2015
My position as a cpsp coordinator was so amazing having that one on one with the patients, and feeling great with the education and assestments, and community help and the patients were very humble and really enjoyed our health facility and the great reward that I exceptionally enjoyed was the ongoing care and how they always came back after first, second, etc....,. My coworkers had a good relationship and have worked together for most of them since the 1980's and I really loved my work place and we pulled together and helped and learned from each other. The company was very supportive and we were always growing and opening up new health centers.
Pros
Great training and kept us up to date on cpsp and family planning and continuous training, workshops, close family relationship coworkers.
Cons
Not enough time in the day to spend with patients, but always followed up .
They will descriminate/ hypocrisy
lvn (Former Employee) –  Pediatrics san marcosNovember 8, 2015
If you don't know Spanish fluently--Forget it! You must know fluent Spanish within a few months of hire or you're out. This company claims to champion diversity but that's nothing but paint on a hollow wall.
One of the Best Places To Work
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 28, 2015
Great People, Great Company, Great Management

In the short period of time that I have been at NCHS I find the best part of my job is working for an awesome Vice President and Executive Management team.

The company promotes building good relationships and practices this in everyone's daily scope of work.
It was a great experience and learned a great deal.
Date Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 1, 2013
It was always a pleasure to go to work every morning because the atmosphere was always positive. My coworkers were amazing, they were always willing to teach and help. The management was very professional and friendly. Every day was different because of our clients which made every work day interesting.
Pros
it was a great learning experience for me.
Cons
it was very hard to move up.
Lots of flexibility
Clinic Manager, Program Trainer, Health Educator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 24, 2014
This company offered great benefits. However positions were not very secure.
I now have the experience I need.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CANovember 16, 2012
Busy clinic 20 + patients per day.
I learned to work very hard to provide the best care I possible could with the work load.
Management seemed to have problems.
Co-workers hard workers.
Hardest part of the job working under staffed.
Helping people I recieved 60 on the spot recognitions.
very proactive work environment to the community
Healthcare Screener (Former Employee) –  San Marcos CaliforniaMay 20, 2015
assisted families with healthcare coverage for their children that may qualify for low or no cost healthcare. attended health fair events to inform the community what services the clinic had to offer.being able to drive to different cities.
Pros
able to chose my lunch break
community clinic
Pediatrics Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 12, 2012
worked with parents and children of lower income levels to provide, quality medical care. My co-workers and I had rewarding experiences, seeing happy and healty children leave our offices.
Pros
great co-workers from line staff to providers
Productive, fast paced, friendly
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 19, 2014
Start the opening procedures and duties with booting up our systems for records and our email. start delivering all charts where they are requested to go for physicans. start filig and warming up some coffee for the early start of a busy clinic.
charts needed daily were for
children
adults
mental health
optometry
x-rays
pharmacy
womans health
Pros
fun, fast, challenging, nice long lunch
Cons
employees from other departments were rude, not friendly
Medical Receptionist/Records Floater
Medical Records/Receptionist Floater (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I was responsible for floating to different clinics to cover front desk responsibilities and helping in medical records
Pros
different office everyday, paid mileage
Cons
communicating with patients due to not speaking their language
Excellent temporary position
CENTRAL BILLER III (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 28, 2013
Accepted into the Billing Department an began work immediately. I was able to use my many years of knowledge and experience in medical billing, and was given insurance plans of my own to work on. I performed very well, utilized my skills and there was measurable results from my work. I enjoyed my work at NCHC.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
should have taken into account the work i did and prolonged contract.
If you love helping people this is a great place to work
Clinic Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 3, 2014
I love to help people and I loved that part of the job. The staff was great but the supervisors at the time were hateful and vindictive.
productive
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 24, 2013
enjoyed helping patients and assisting physicians. everyday i learned different things. We used to be a great team co-workers were always helping each other we were a family.
Pros
free lunches

2.9