North Dakota State University Employee Reviews

Very low moral and very very bad management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 6, 2016
Especially residence life. Employees are treated like garbage. Management only cares about themselves. Too many politicians behind the desks. Would highly recommend not working here
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 5, 2017
Good people and a very well structured work environment. Only issue is lack of advancement opportunities. Management can be hard to deal with sometimes but usually help to resolve any issue you are having in the end.
Pros
Great benefit packages
Cons
No advancement
very appreciative for my graduate study by offering full tuition waiver
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2017
North Dakota State University, is very nice school and workplace for me.As I came from aboard, everybody here is very understanding and helpful that confort my transition to US working culture.All the professors are a good guide as a teacher and supervisor those push me to the far extent of my potential. I'm glad to be here.
it was really informative and fun working at NIIT technologies
Teaching Assistant and Grader (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 12, 2016
I mainly focused on core and advanced java development, because it’s an area (software development/engineering) that always demands something new and better from us. I learnt software engineering by undertaking projects and building a portfolio.
Satisfactory
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 20, 2017
I like NDSU. It is student friendly. Living is cheap. Department of soil science should have some teaching assistantship to support students
Pros
Student Friendly
Cons
Health insurance costly
Great Learning Experience
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 17, 2017
Student work experience was helpful in gaining experience for future positions. This position allowed for flexible hours while attending classes. Great place to work.
A typical day
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day for me starts off my going to class to learn about advanced sports medicine techniques, modalities, manual therapy, orthopedic appliances, or diagnostic ultrasound.
Then I would head over to the Athletic Training room to cover Track & Field practice in the fall and Soccer practice in the spring.
After practice and lift are done for the day, I go home and work on some homework.
I would say the hardest part of my job is time management, but being in graduate school and working full time, being a full time student, and writing a thesis has helped my organization and time management skills. It has helped me not procrastinate as much and get things done when you can.
The best part of my job is seeing the realization on the athletes faces after they know they are finally 100% after a debilitating injury.
Pros
The satisfaction of helping injured athletes, free sporting events
Cons
long hours, not very good salary
NDSU is a good university
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 1, 2017
Very good university, excellent professors, good students .....just very nice people overall. Good research programs too.
Productive and a place to interact with other people from different cultures
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 18, 2016
Busy with lot of students coming for tutoring. Management and co-workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is, helping student understand some statistical concepts.
Good environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 11, 2016
Though the lab space was cramped, we were all able to work around each other. My supervisor was very open to new project ideas and improvements. I had a great experience
Fantastic Opportunity
Teachers Assistance (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 24, 2016
To build a stronger communication skill sets by teaching geology to other students who do not know much about geology is a fantastic expeirence in itself.
Good in general
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 3, 2016
Informative and friendly atmosphere,
Very comfortable and safe state for student
I enjoyed the project I was involved with
Very satisfying collaboration between the student and the advisory team
Good place to start working
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2016
Fantastic work environment with flexibility. Sometimes too pushy, sometimes, very relaxing. Helpful companions make working much easier than I thought.
Great place to work to learn crop protection and Extension
Area Extension Specialist/Crop Protection (Former Employee) –  Carrington, NDFebruary 17, 2014
Days involved gathering data, preparing the data in an audience-friendly manner, and presenting the data to the local agriculture dealers and farmers. I learned how to use my degree of research and apply it to real examples farmers were facing. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant to work with in the office. At times, I had difficulty asking for help because I was new to the area. However, I took pride and pleasure helping out the farming community.
Pros
Health benefits
Nice and interesting place to work but needs improvement
Research Specialist (Image Analyses Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 20, 2016
Have a great potential and opportunities for development.The money shortage is always a problem. Most of the equipment need to be upgraded. Also, room-work-space improvement. I am working in a open space lab and they can not move me out because if the spot is not occupied they gonna lose the space and the lab. The other room I am working in is a exs-lab adjusted to the Image analyses Lab, where I have to spend most of the time sitting (long) in a high chair in a very cold room. Nice co-workers ready to help and provide training if needed. Challenging work. Training is provided.
good research atmosphere
Post-doctoral research fellow (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 6, 2016
Sense of innovation is very important for a research scientist. NDSU provides people many chance and possibility to exercise new idea and build up career.
The people I worked with were very understanding and positive.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working as a graduate assistant, as my supervisor was very understanding when it came to my own workload and the tasks they wanted me to accomplish. My supervisor was very helpful in giving me reasonable deadlines and tasks that I could achieve, and always willing to give me instruction and help. My job consisted of performing clerical duties of copying, editing, and preparing student files. I was also in charge of creating an agency list for social work students who were looking into internships within the area. Overall, my experience was very good and a pleasant place to work.
Pros
I knew my work was appreciated by the staff.
Excellent Place to Work
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 28, 2012
NDSU is a great place to work. Pay is ok but benefits were great. It's truly like a family. Coworkers are helpful and friendly.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 18, 2015
Benefit is nice but low salary. Work is easy, but people are slow.
Supervisor is professional and nice, welling to teach you.
Progressive institution- want to be a part of the Herd.
Fargo, ND-Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fargo, North DakotaMarch 24, 2014
You need to have patience, as you will need to accommodate international students. If you are an American, you take the back seat in most funding opportunities. You also have to take care of social interactions for your international co-workers, as they typically have no concept of independent work or social understanding. Getting commitments from international co-workers to complete jobs in an efficient and timely manner is difficult, but they do know how to perform mathematics. Returning home after a -15 degree day is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Internationally progressive and great if your not a U.S. citizen
Cons
Nepotism and a heightened culture of micro-management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Dakota State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4