North Dakota State University Employee Reviews in United States

Nice and interesting place to work but needs improvement
Research Specialist (Image Analyses Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 20, 2016
Have a great potential and opportunities for development.The money shortage is always a problem. Most of the equipment need to be upgraded. Also, room-work-space improvement. I am working in a open space lab and they can not move me out because if the spot is not occupied they gonna lose the space and the lab. The other room I am working in is a exs-lab adjusted to the Image analyses Lab, where I have to spend most of the time sitting (long) in a high chair in a very cold room. Nice co-workers ready to help and provide training if needed. Challenging work. Training is provided.
good research atmosphere
Post-doctoral research fellow (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 6, 2016
Sense of innovation is very important for a research scientist. NDSU provides people many chance and possibility to exercise new idea and build up career.
amazing opportunity
Student research assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 1, 2016
This was my favorite job I learned a lot of very valuable skills for physics education research and knew from this opportunity that physics education was my career route.
The people I worked with were very understanding and positive.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working as a graduate assistant, as my supervisor was very understanding when it came to my own workload and the tasks they wanted me to accomplish. My supervisor was very helpful in giving me reasonable deadlines and tasks that I could achieve, and always willing to give me instruction and help. My job consisted of performing clerical duties of copying, editing, and preparing student files. I was also in charge of creating an agency list for social work students who were looking into internships within the area. Overall, my experience was very good and a pleasant place to work.
Pros
I knew my work was appreciated by the staff.
good place for student
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 26, 2016
Quality Education and Balanced environment to work,payment according to social condition of the city,flexible work schedule,nice co-workers
nice people and good students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 30, 2015
I am a grader for most of the time, and hardly deal with students directly. But overall, I find students at Mechanical Engineering are hard-working.
An excellent work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 29, 2015
Allowed me to learn an excellent array of skills and techniques. The laboratories were well equipped and the staff were friendly and supportive.
Great place To work
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 26, 2015
Every body is friendly and helpful. I like the people and atmosphere. The weather is challenging though. Overall a productive and yet challenging environment.
Research & development of novel biobased thermoset coatings.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 26, 2015
I was a graduate research assistant at NDSU. I would perform statistical analysis of the material properties of novel biobased polyurethane coatings. I was responsible for the synthesis of the primary biobased resin, ordering and receiving the crosslinking resin, and the planning and execution of coating formulations for curing and material analysis. I often had undergraduate work studies working with me and I supervised there lab work and gave them academic studies.
Plant Breeding Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 23, 2015
• Worked with NDSU researchers breeding new varieties of edible beans
• Sorting and cleaning seed, planting, test plot maintenance and data collection, recording variety maturity, harvesting, DNA extraction, and breeding
The work environment is very good.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 28, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work in. The toughest part of the job is to mange with such minimum wages, apart from that I enjoy a lot working here.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Low wages
Great School
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 16, 2015
Got to have an amazing experience, well taught lectures that helped when we did hands on tasks. The Professors made the place and program a great place to be.
Helpful and awesome professors
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 16, 2015
Productive learning environment. Professors are always available to help and guide. Lots of volunteering opportunites and professional growth workshops.
Fun place to work
Lab. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 28, 2015
My typical day starts with sampling, sample testing and data entry.
My coworkers are great: helpful and friendly. I learn time management, and organization skills.
Pros
Enjoyful work environment.
Cons
Short breaks.
A typical day
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day for me starts off my going to class to learn about advanced sports medicine techniques, modalities, manual therapy, orthopedic appliances, or diagnostic ultrasound.
Then I would head over to the Athletic Training room to cover Track & Field practice in the fall and Soccer practice in the spring.
After practice and lift are done for the day, I go home and work on some homework.
I would say the hardest part of my job is time management, but being in graduate school and working full time, being a full time student, and writing a thesis has helped my organization and time management skills. It has helped me not procrastinate as much and get things done when you can.
The best part of my job is seeing the realization on the athletes faces after they know they are finally 100% after a debilitating injury.
Pros
the satisfaction of helping injured athletes, free sporting events
Cons
long hours, not very good salary
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 18, 2015
Benefit is nice but low salary. Work is easy, but people are slow.
Supervisor is professional and nice, welling to teach you.
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2015
It was a great launchpad for starting my career in graduate school. The advisor was very helpful, understanding and patient
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 28, 2015
diversity place to study. Have great faculty and professors.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 22, 2015
Diversity place to learn and study. I have been studied in NDSU for three years and I really enjoy the atmosphere.
Above average educational Institution
Director of Communication (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 19, 2015
My experience at North Dakota State University has provided me with skills beyond my wildest dreams. I have applied myself vigorously and have gain a substantial amount of knowledge and leadership skills. I have been involved in groups, lead my own research team for 2 years, and was the director of communications at the St. Paul's Newman Center. I have enjoyed the struggles that my education brought, because overcoming them has made me into the driven and educated person I am today.

4.4