North Dakota State University Employee Reviews

very appreciative for my graduate study by offering full tuition waiver
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2017
North Dakota State University, is very nice school and workplace for me.As I came from aboard, everybody here is very understanding and helpful that confort my transition to US working culture.All the professors are a good guide as a teacher and supervisor those push me to the far extent of my potential. I'm glad to be here.
Satisfactory
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 20, 2017
I like NDSU. It is student friendly. Living is cheap. Department of soil science should have some teaching assistantship to support students
Pros
Student Friendly
Cons
Health insurance costly
it was really informative and fun working at NIIT technologies
Teaching Assistant and Grader (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 12, 2016
I mainly focused on core and advanced java development, because it’s an area (software development/engineering) that always demands something new and better from us. I learnt software engineering by undertaking projects and building a portfolio.
Good environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 11, 2016
Though the lab space was cramped, we were all able to work around each other. My supervisor was very open to new project ideas and improvements. I had a great experience
Fantastic Opportunity
Teachers Assistance (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 24, 2016
To build a stronger communication skill sets by teaching geology to other students who do not know much about geology is a fantastic expeirence in itself.
Good in general
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 3, 2016
Informative and friendly atmosphere,
Very comfortable and safe state for student
I enjoyed the project I was involved with
Very satisfying collaboration between the student and the advisory team
Good place to start working
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2016
Fantastic work environment with flexibility. Sometimes too pushy, sometimes, very relaxing. Helpful companions make working much easier than I thought.
Productive and a place to interact with other people from different cultures
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 18, 2016
Busy with lot of students coming for tutoring. Management and co-workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is, helping student understand some statistical concepts.
Very low moral and very very bad management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 6, 2016
Especially residence life. Employees are treated like garbage. Management only cares about themselves. Too many politicians behind the desks. Would highly recommend not working here
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Nice and interesting place to work but needs improvement
Research Specialist (Image Analyses Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 20, 2016
Have a great potential and opportunities for development.The money shortage is always a problem. Most of the equipment need to be upgraded. Also, room-work-space improvement. I am working in a open space lab and they can not move me out because if the spot is not occupied they gonna lose the space and the lab. The other room I am working in is a exs-lab adjusted to the Image analyses Lab, where I have to spend most of the time sitting (long) in a high chair in a very cold room. Nice co-workers ready to help and provide training if needed. Challenging work. Training is provided.
good research atmosphere
Post-doctoral research fellow (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 6, 2016
Sense of innovation is very important for a research scientist. NDSU provides people many chance and possibility to exercise new idea and build up career.
amazing opportunity
Student research assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 1, 2016
This was my favorite job I learned a lot of very valuable skills for physics education research and knew from this opportunity that physics education was my career route.
The people I worked with were very understanding and positive.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working as a graduate assistant, as my supervisor was very understanding when it came to my own workload and the tasks they wanted me to accomplish. My supervisor was very helpful in giving me reasonable deadlines and tasks that I could achieve, and always willing to give me instruction and help. My job consisted of performing clerical duties of copying, editing, and preparing student files. I was also in charge of creating an agency list for social work students who were looking into internships within the area. Overall, my experience was very good and a pleasant place to work.
Pros
I knew my work was appreciated by the staff.
good place for student
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 26, 2016
Quality Education and Balanced environment to work,payment according to social condition of the city,flexible work schedule,nice co-workers
nice people and good students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 30, 2015
I am a grader for most of the time, and hardly deal with students directly. But overall, I find students at Mechanical Engineering are hard-working.
An excellent work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 29, 2015
Allowed me to learn an excellent array of skills and techniques. The laboratories were well equipped and the staff were friendly and supportive.
Great place To work
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 26, 2015
Every body is friendly and helpful. I like the people and atmosphere. The weather is challenging though. Overall a productive and yet challenging environment.
Research & development of novel biobased thermoset coatings.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 26, 2015
I was a graduate research assistant at NDSU. I would perform statistical analysis of the material properties of novel biobased polyurethane coatings. I was responsible for the synthesis of the primary biobased resin, ordering and receiving the crosslinking resin, and the planning and execution of coating formulations for curing and material analysis. I often had undergraduate work studies working with me and I supervised there lab work and gave them academic studies.
Plant Breeding Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 23, 2015
• Worked with NDSU researchers breeding new varieties of edible beans
• Sorting and cleaning seed, planting, test plot maintenance and data collection, recording variety maturity, harvesting, DNA extraction, and breeding
The work environment is very good.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 28, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work in. The toughest part of the job is to mange with such minimum wages, apart from that I enjoy a lot working here.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Dakota State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4