North Dakota State University Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging Graduate Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at NDSU and felt challenged and engaged the entire time. My advisor was wonderful although I can't say the same for some other advisors. Overall my experience was positive.
Mismanaged, rude, and overall unplessent place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 31, 2017
Management has taking things PC but has no sense of equality. Even making sexist comments. The overall atmosphere is extremely stressful as over half people wouldn't be working, but paid, and those who do work, carry all the responsibility. Your heavenly monitored thought-out your work period and by children often that's only worked a week in their life.
Good benefits with a variety of opportunities
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 7, 2017
If you find you dislike your job you can apply for something totally different but remain with the same employer. Also if you go to another university or other state agency you stay in the same retirement system.
Easy going and well structured environment
Clinical Instructor-Adult Health (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 4, 2017
I went to school at NDSU and then returned as a clinical instructor. I really enjoyed being a part of the school again. I was given autonomy to teach how I felt was appropriate and was given plenty of guidance from the didactic instructor to assist me.
Very poor morale, very poor communication even within same departments. Etc, etc.
Master machine, droid to all (Current Employee) –  North DakotaJune 23, 2017
This institution is the worst I have ever worked for. For one, communication is almost non existent. Most, not all, but most individuals employed there are so self centered that I think they believe that they are the only people worthy of employment there. Most benefits are hyped and have conditions. Most "benefits" should be called hiring enhancements not benefits. If you do not mind being treated like a machine that does not get regular maintenance, this is your kind of place to be employed in. Forget respect. Unless you consider empty promises and lies as such. Eventually, it will become a never ending conflict within yourself, if you should be there or not, while you ponder, "is it worth the amount of money for the way you are treated and used." If you want a good example of excrement rolling down a hill, be my guest. Really would not recommend this business for anyone for long term employment. It may be alright for a couple of years at most. Please, learn from my mistake.
Pros
Accural of leave time, (some with limits) when you are allowed to use as you would like.
Cons
One of Satans favorite places. Or could be.
Grad School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 24, 2017
Great place to get Masters degree and be placed in a setting where real life working experience happens. Loved teaching, working on projects and bettering the department
Student focused and great help from staff members
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 17, 2017
Students were allowed to pursue their own research studies with guidance from the department staff. Gained leadership and teamwork skills as well as problem solving skills.
Being a Scientist
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 15, 2017
While working in a lab, I got to help with the graduate students' experiments and also design and carry out my own research. It is really cool seeing work I helped with in textbooks used at the college level
Good place and good people.
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 15, 2017
I assisted with strength and conditioning with the football team over the summer. Days would vary from 14-16 hours. I would help coach the weight lifting and running. Days were split up into 3 morning groups for lifting and2 evening running sessions.
Productive and fun
Postdoctoral research fellow (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 9, 2017
Awesome place to work, very productive and fun workplace for every one. Great infrastructure, great teaching and research facilities, great students and recreational activities
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short break
NDSU is one of best university in Mid-west for Agriculture
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 2, 2017
My experience in NDSU was wonderful. All faculties and admin staffs were supportive. I did not realise how quick four years past to complete my PhD. It is a great university to get higher education.
Poor institution, staff and faculty
TA (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 30, 2017
Do not attend this so-called institution of higher learning--poor management, faculty and horrible learning environment. Fargo is not a place you want to move to either.
Pros
Cons
lots
US public university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, North Dakota, USAMarch 21, 2017
North Dakota State university is a public US university with the reputation for being research oriented. This is one of the two public universities in the state of North Dakota.
Great Learning Experience
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 17, 2017
Student work experience was helpful in gaining experience for future positions. This position allowed for flexible hours while attending classes. Great place to work.
Good
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 5, 2017
Good people and a very well structured work environment. Only issue is lack of advancement opportunities. Management can be hard to deal with sometimes but usually help to resolve any issue you are having in the end.
Pros
Great benefit packages
Cons
No advancement
NDSU is a good university
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 1, 2017
Very good university, excellent professors, good students .....just very nice people overall. Good research programs too.
very appreciative for my graduate study by offering full tuition waiver
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2017
North Dakota State University, is very nice school and workplace for me.As I came from aboard, everybody here is very understanding and helpful that confort my transition to US working culture.All the professors are a good guide as a teacher and supervisor those push me to the far extent of my potential. I'm glad to be here.
Satisfactory
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 20, 2017
I like NDSU. It is student friendly. Living is cheap. Department of soil science should have some teaching assistantship to support students
Pros
Student Friendly
Cons
Health insurance costly
it was really informative and fun working at NIIT technologies
Teaching Assistant and Grader (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 12, 2016
I mainly focused on core and advanced java development, because it’s an area (software development/engineering) that always demands something new and better from us. I learnt software engineering by undertaking projects and building a portfolio.
Good environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 11, 2016
Though the lab space was cramped, we were all able to work around each other. My supervisor was very open to new project ideas and improvements. I had a great experience