North Dakota State University

North Dakota State University Employer Reviews

A typical day
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the satisfaction of helping injured athletes, free sporting events
Cons: long hours, not very good salary
A typical day for me starts off my going to class to learn about advanced sports medicine techniques, modalities, manual therapy, orthopedic appliances, or diagnostic ultrasound.
Then I would head over to the Athletic Training room to cover Track & Field practice in the fall and Soccer practice in the spring.
After practice and lift are done for the day, I go home and work on some homework.
I would say the hardest part of my job is time management, but being in graduate school and working full time, being a full time student, and writing a thesis has helped my organization and time management skills. It has helped me not procrastinate as much and get things done when you can.
The best part of my job is seeing the realization on the athletes faces after they know they are finally 100% after a debilitating injury.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 18, 2015
Benefit is nice but low salary. Work is easy, but people are slow.
Supervisor is professional and nice, welling to teach you.
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2015
It was a great launchpad for starting my career in graduate school. The advisor was very helpful, understanding and patient
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 28, 2015
diversity place to study. Have great faculty and professors.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 22, 2015
Diversity place to learn and study. I have been studied in NDSU for three years and I really enjoy the atmosphere.
Above average educational Institution
Director of Communication (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 19, 2015
My experience at North Dakota State University has provided me with skills beyond my wildest dreams. I have applied myself vigorously and have gain a substantial amount of knowledge and leadership skills. I have been involved in groups, lead my own research team for 2 years, and was the director of communications at the St. Paul's Newman Center. I have enjoyed the struggles that my education brought, because overcoming them has made me into the driven and educated person I am today.
Decent enough school with great football team.
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 13, 2015
Friendly and proficient professors

Laid-back environment.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), North Dakota, FargoNovember 7, 2014
Researched and modeled the US energy market, specifically short and long-run analysis of the natural gas domestic market using econometrics and directed acyclic graphs.
Student
Student (Current Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 13, 2014
This is where I was a student for 5 years and I loved it. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.
Flexible Place for Students to Work!
Department Tutor and Proctor (Current Employee), Fargo, NDSeptember 29, 2014
As a tutor, the department was highly flexible for my schedule.
I LOVE IT!
Extension Assistant-Center for 4-H (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2014
go bison. i hope to work for NDSU FOREVER. the staff is friendly and the pay is great.
productive!!!
Research Intern (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 15, 2014
Good place to work with a good atmosphere, this place develop in their worker leaderships skills. This place offer a multi task work especially in field duties.
Progressive institution- want to be a part of the Herd.
Fargo, ND-Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: internationally progressive and great if your not a u.s. citizen
Cons: nepotism and a heightened culture of micro-management
You need to have patience, as you will need to accommodate international students. If you are an American, you take the back seat in most funding opportunities. You also have to take care of social interactions for your international co-workers, as they typically have no concept of independent work or social understanding. Getting commitments from international co-workers to complete jobs in an efficient and timely manner is difficult, but they do know how to perform mathematics. Returning home after a -15 degree day is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great place to work to learn crop protection and Extension
Area Extension Specialist/Crop Protection (Former Employee), Carrington, NDFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Days involved gathering data, preparing the data in an audience-friendly manner, and presenting the data to the local agriculture dealers and farmers. I learned how to use my degree of research and apply it to real examples farmers were facing. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant to work with in the office. At times, I had difficulty asking for help because I was new to the area. However, I took pride and pleasure helping out the farming community.
Excellent institution
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 21, 2014
Fabulous place to work. It was many years ago. Its a large institution filled with great people.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
plant science masters student (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 18, 2014
Good place for students. Good studying and working environment for students.
Graduate Research assistant (Former Employee), Fargo ND USAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: learnt about engineering
Cons: not much
Did my masters and was working as research and teaching assistant.
Excellent learning experience in professionalism
Year Writing Instructor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMay 13, 2013
I instructed First-Year Writing courses. This was an excellent experience in professionalism, time management, and in communicating with others.
Productive, energetic, fun work place
Interim Athletic Academic Coordinator (Current Employee), Fargo, NDApril 24, 2013
Pros: great people, good environment
Cons: smaller office, pay wasn't great for the job
Great people from the Director to the student assistants. Everyone enjoys company, everyone can laugh and have fun with work. Lines of communication are wide open and each individual department within the department have passion and joy with what they do.
Excellent environment
Graduate Laboratory Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 5, 2013
Excellent environment to work in with flexible hours. Amazing co-workers. However, not the greatest pay.