North East Medical Services Employee Reviews

Adminstration
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 2, 2017
Works well with others. Helps with Time Sheets- Customer Service. Great Business. Helps out when necessary. Great growth potential- Great source of income.
Productive and very accomodating
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2017
It's a busy workplace, very clean, and usually accomodates patients and employees needs right away. They are on top of everything including benefits and vacation requests.
Good work environment with excellent benefits, but low pay
Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2017
Company is lacking culture and market-value salaries, but makes up for it with 401k, profit sharing and other benefits. No free lunch or unlimited PTO here as with other companies in the SF area, but as to be expected for a non-profit.
Coworkers I miss to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2017
I feel the organization had growing up too fast and little time to focus the most important - patients. We emphasized patient medical home oriented but clearly I didn't see at all nowadays. Make quotas and cut corners now become a habit now. Management team need to be updated too since I didn't see any communication at all! By the time I see, the deadline you have to meet is next days or a few weeks. How stressful you feel when you have patients, other depts, outside offices, phones, projects, outreachs and your paperworks that could bury you.
Great clinic with great peers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2016
Working at US Health Works has many hands on experience to Employment Drug testing and screenings. On site Urgent Care unit to practice medical and surgical asepsis.
Senior management needs to be replaced
Former Employee (Current Employee) –  HQJune 17, 2015
NEMS used to have a calmer, family-like atmosphere. When the most recent CEO came abroad, there was a lot of emphasis on growing the company. Growth is good, even for a non-profit such as NEMS, but there is so much emphasis on growth that it increases the stress levels for everybody at the organization, it makes for an unhealthy work environment. NEMS' motto is "health care from the heart," but when your employees are put under so much pressure, it's difficult to deliver that to your patients. Some times it feels like patients are just a dollar figure for us. One doctor told me that working at NEMS is like working on a car that's being driven. Also due to this emphasis on getting things done on very short schedules, corners are usually cut. Even if you want to do things the proper way, you will not have the opportunity to do so. If you try, you'll be behind their unrealistic timelines, which will make you look bad...and you'll be replaced. Unsurprisingly, there is a high turn-over rate at NEMS, whether people are fired or quit.

Despite these shortcomings, NEMS does have great doctors and staff to work with.
Pros
Great mission of providing health care for the poor.
Cons
Senior management
Bad management
Front (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2015
Co-workers is good. Learn new things everyday.
Bad management. Upper manager is not suitable for their job.
They hiring a lot of their friends and relatives. They fired a lot of workers they feel dislike. No more job security.
Pros
Cons
bad management ; too many buddies
fun workplace with different culture people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  san jose , CASeptember 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is I have great and reliable co-workers, they make my day easier. The hardest part of the job is some time feeling sad because seeing the patient suffering pain and could not comfort the degree.
Average
SR.NETWORK / SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2013
No time card.
All Oriental company
Not a good management
all co-workers are very good
Deal with Management
Working in Chinatown.
Pros
Oriental
Cons
healthcare
memoriable working place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2013
very first job in life. I worked well with my co-workers from different department. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my co-worker would teach me everything they know even I worked part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North East Medical Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9