North Eastern Services Employee Reviews

Challenging, rewarding, fun
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 29, 2017
Being a Life Skills Instructor is a hard job but it is very rewarding. You begin to learn how the human mind works and that kids and adults with disabilities are not that different from those who don't have a disability. Once you realize that they are just like you, it makes work fun. They understand you and you learn to understand them. You get to go into their home and teach them basic life skills. You are not just their "baby-sitter". You are there to be a friend and teach them. Working at North Eastern Services has really taught me so much. I am able to take what I learned and apply to my every day life. It was some times challenging but rewarding in the long run. The two years that I worked there I have grown to be a better person and more patient. Those kids and adults that I got to be with each day have a special place in my heart. Even though I don't work there anymore, Whenever my husband and I go up to visit friends and family, we always try to go and visit those kids and adults that we love so dearly.
Pros
rewarding, you can work as many hours as you want, many different homes to pick from, sleep graves
Cons
challenging, don't get paid enough for the work you do, have to work every weekend
stressful and violent place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 28, 2017
very disorganized and stressful, i worked with extremely violent staff and was dissatisfied with the way i was taught to handle them and the situations i got into.
Pros
free cpr training
Cons
no breaks expect to get hit and robbed by clients
I loved being employed their.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem utahApril 21, 2017
I love this comapny more importantly my clients. They value clients super flexible with scheduling issues .THis is fun exciting place to work .They Take clients on actvites.They put their health well being first fore most.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
good place of work. very rewarding
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 12, 2017
North-eastern services is a very good place to work, and provides many opportunities to learn skills such as patience, team work, and they are very good at working with schedules for those with odd family situations and attend school as I did. I learned to focus and problem salve in tense high stress situation. management was much better in the last few years of my work with NES. the hardest part of my job was dealing with problem behaviors from NES clients which would result in restraints and the need of having to call the police. one of the most enjoyable parts of the job were the NES clients themselves. I had to invest so much energy into them to be successful that when they succeeded I succeeded.
Pros
good with school schedule
Cons
felt there were times you did not recieve the support from managment that we needed
Awesome work place
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 5, 2017
I loved this job. You teach life/social skills to adults with special needs. It was hard sometimes because of the physical work. We took the adults on activities every day. We did crafts and what not. It was very enjoyable
Fulfilling job, great people
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 3, 2017
The job is very fulfilling and I loved the clients that I worked with. Most employees were very caring people who wanted to provide the best environment possible for our clients. A little disorganized in some aspects and low pay compared to similar companies, but overall it was a good place to work.
Pros
Caring and warm environment
Cons
Low pay
Rewarding job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 12, 2017
It is a rewarding job and builds great life experience. There is not much room for movement and the directors hardly even know who their employees are.
Best part is interaction with the clients.
Worst part is lazy employees can get away with pretty much anything with little to no consequences.
The clients are great! The job it self is ok the pay is bad
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 2, 2017
The clients are great! The job it self is so so, the pay is Low, managment not so great. It would of been nice if they provide the clients gifts at Christmas time rather than having an empty tree, that was sad to see. They offer pay incress as an incentive that, I would rather them put it a budget for the clients. They did not pay me my vaction pay when, I left the job due to a hardship.
Pros
The clients are grea
Cons
Management was poor
Fun, outgoing, loving, caring, hard-working, optimistic, flexible, responsible and on time
Job Coach/Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 16, 2017
I'm a very fun person to work with. I have a positive Attitude and smile on face all the time. I'm outgoing, fun, hard-working, responsible, positive, happy, optimistic, caring and willing to help out.

I've interned at a vet hospital and loved it. I graduated high school after that I went into cosmetology school and got my license. I've worked with customer service. I've help accomplish goals for disabilities and help the behavioral disabilities succeed.
I have already reviewed this company.
Life skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2017
I consider it too dangerous to continue working there and don't like the hours and schedule, so much having to move around and so little pay for a Bachelor's degree.
Productive fun place to work.
Compliance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
North Eastern Services is a great place to work. I got promoted 2 times within one year. NES has a great culture, you will build many friendships within the company. I have worked in the field for 7 years, this is by far my favorite company that I have worked for. NES will provide many opportunities if you work hard. I LOVE MY JOB!
Pros
Culture, opportunities, and advancement.
Dont deal with management . logan office
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 12, 2017
The clients make this place great. I look forward to going to work because of them. I dread any communication with management. Luckily that is very sparse. Unless you are a good brown noser then you will be in golden with them. They dont care how you treat clients as long as you Kiss their hineys. I would rather treat the clients good and have nothing to do with management:) you will never get further in this company unless you Kiss the right butt. Don't count on ever getting a raise.
Pros
The clients.
Cons
The management, zero communication, they lie to you just to get you to leave them alone, They dont care about the clients . they only care about money .
Not the best
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 8, 2016
I worry about the clients as much as I do for the workers. I did learn patients and to expand my heart and that I am a very loving person and enjoy helping others.
Not a secure or a good job.
Teacher/Trainer- Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 5, 2016
Pay is was very low and you deal with a lot of stress . Also they promised to raise your wages after 90 days and they did not. Management does not treat employees very well.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay
helped people with needs earn money and learned life skills.
Day Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 29, 2016
Was able to help people with special needs as well as teach staff some ways to deescalate dangerous behaviors. I learned how to talk to people as individuals in their own life and how to calm people by their own means and not force against their will. I learned how to help and heal some people that were deemed un help able and to violent. they became friends and i valued them for helping me find myself.
Pros
Got to work with fun clients
Cons
upper management, Vicky Smith
Very rewarding
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTOctober 3, 2016
I really loved this job, I like working with people who can benefit from what I can teach or help them with.. Watching the personal growth and rewards of each and every client was a tremendous reward...
Pros
mentoring and teaching
Cons
management
Great company with opportunities to advance.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
A great job and very rewarding. There is a lot of room for advancement if you are willing to work for it. Most of management has started from the entry level position and worked their way up. The challenging part of the job is working with the disabled consumers we support. They may at any moment have intense behaviors. However, it can also be rewarding when you are successful in minimizing behaviors through the training provided. I would recommend NES to anyone looking to make a difference and advance through a company.
Pros
Many opportunities to advance. Rewarding job.
Cons
Stressful situations.
Rewarding Work
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 29, 2016
So far, working here has been one of the most difficult places I've ever worked, but some of the most rewarding because of the nature of it. Working with these adults has a lot of tough days, but the good times, the difference that I see that I can make in their life makes it all worth it.
Many hours
Life Skills Instructor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 26, 2015
Many hours just need to ask. Management can be sort of unprofessional at times and takes their time in addressing concerns if at all.
Learing Experience
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  orem utah 84058March 5, 2015
NES was amazing place to learn, to grow and then to teach. I had a minimum of 5 to 15 employees under my direct management. This job was constantly reminding me that patience is necessary, and my tone is paramount. As a Team leader I set the bar so must always be above it. I was responsible for the end of shift paperwork then monthly summaries. I was given an abundance of yearly trainings then gave that same ongoing training to my staffing.
The most difficult part of my job: The often difficult attitude from the younger hires being "whats in it for me?" And "it's not my fault"
It became my number 1 goal to teach by example to turn out a productive and happy worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Eastern Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4