North Florida Regional Medical Center

North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

nfrmc
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 13, 2017
North Florida Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. Hours are flexible and therapists are always needed. The therapist is in control of his/her workload each day.
Decent place to work.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2017
My position was laid back and I enjoyed it for the most part. There were some pettiness between coworkers that was extremely annoying, but overall this is a decent place to work.
rewarding
RN Med Surge/Oncology (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 8, 2017
busy and fast paced work environment, great exposure to many different procedures and skills to be learned, rewarding care of sick and injured patients
Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2017
It's a wonderful hospital to be at the scheduling is very flexible and they work with you when they have an emergency. The ADON is very nice and can go to her with any problem you have.
Med/Surgical Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2017
Very good place to grow skills and knowledge, friendly place, helpful staffs. I have no regret working in this place. This place helped me a lot and mold me who I am now.
Fast pace work environmnet
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 25, 2017
Most nursing floors are fast paced and can be stressful at times, however, this is offset by the people whom you work with. The majority of nurses are professional and are willing to help a colleague in need.
RN/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2017
I had a good experience here. We had good teamwork with the tech's and other nurses on the floor I worked on so it went well. We all got along well and helped eachother.
Pros
Shifts all in a row
Cons
having to float to another floor
Great Environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville flMay 22, 2017
North Florida Regional was a great place to work, the supervisors, to the charge nurses to the regular employees were all great people. Making it a great environment to work in. I loved working there but I received a better job offer somewhere else and co workers told me I should go for it.
Pros
Appreciation events
Cons
low raises
Great People
Registered Nurse - Postpartum (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 22, 2017
You can't find a better group of people to work with. The culture of coworkers is more like family. If it weren't for the people there, the job and the place wouldn't be the same at all. It feels like home.
poor Staffing
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 13, 2017
ER staffing sucks, management doesn't care. Constantly blames staff for patient complaints. Inadequate staffing makes it impossible to give proper care. Always on you to take lunch but never time to actually get away from unit. Always looking at your time like you want to be there more than you scheduled hours. hateful and deceitful people running this corporation! Never again will I work for this company.

Want to know more about North Florida Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Work environment
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2017
Productive environment, very busy place to work, time passes quickly. Great learning abilities available, advancement possible with in organization. Staff friendly and efficient at helping patients.
An excellent learning experience
Registered Nurse in Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2017
The initial years at NFRMC were an great atmosphere with quality doctors and staff. Overtime the population grew and the expectations of care did not meet realistic goals. The management became unsupportive and more focused on other priorities than staff and patients.
Pros
Staff (doctors, nurses, mid-wives)
Cons
The lack of concern about quality of care
Medical Office
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2017
NFRMC is by far the worst job I have ever had. I do not know how or where they find management from. No compassion or respect for employees. Benefits are terrible as well.
Currently working
Assist Gastroenterologists (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 5, 2017
My hours may vary from day to day but usually the hours are 7-4:30. I will assist the physician with cancer and polyp removal, take biopsies as needed and assist with any necessary duties that arise. I have worked in PACU department as well , preparing patients with discharge instructions and necessary appointments to other facility's as ordered. Our department is small and the nurses work well together to assist one another throughout the day if needed . My job duties that are most important to me is making sure the patient feels relaxed and comfortable and not rushed prior, during, and post procedure. Providing an extra minute with the patient with a warm blanket, listening to his /her stories , communicating about past history experiences and holding a hand. Most enjoyable part , is when the patient stays " thank you for all you do" .
Pros
Working with a great team of doctors and nurses
Cons
Well, not long enough lunch
had many friends that where my co-workers including medical staff. for the most part the job was gratifing had lot's of room too work and grow.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 21, 2017
run,run,run i guess is the best way to describe a day. learning things was minute to minute be it new equipment, making a quick decision, interacting with different types of people always has made for learned day. the culture of our hospital was that we showed great diversity while the toughest parts of the job was the physical and mental aspects. the mental being the toughest such as the intense amount of thinking that was always going on pt. safety ,did we have everything we needed things that may come were we ready to act in a positive manner.
Pros
knowing that we where pros and did outstanding work.
Cons
short breaks if you got them. it was a very busy surgery department.
Nfrmc
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 30, 2016
It's not uncommon to come to work on dayshift on a medsurg unit to find out you are assigned to six/seven patients, two of them with total cares. We are short staff mostly everyday! Charge nurses can't help you if you are in need of some assistance because they have have a patient load (4-6 patients).
Cons
High nurse patient ratio, lack of support.
great staff, bad company culture
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 26, 2016
the staff on the floors quickly become like family. working together to help each other out. patient to nurse/tech ratios can be really scary at times. like 1:3 in the ICU. the occasional 1:8 on med/surg or tele floors with patients on drips, pay isn't the best. PCC is awesome at this hospital if you have a issue they come to help you out. Charger nurses are also good for resources but especially on night shift they tend to have a full team. Benefits are ok and they do have a pretty good PTO. but its HCA so you know they try to work you as hard as they can get away with and that its all about the bottom dollar. My advice is if your applying for a job with them just know going in its hard work and the hospital it self doesn't always treat you well but the people you work with and some of the department managers really are good/like family. I can honestly say wherever I go I will always and forever be a North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee at heart and Im so grateful for all they taught me and the opportunities they gave me.
Pros
co workers and the bond you have with them, the chance to learn the specialty you want
Cons
patient ratios, pay, Upper Management
Contracts and Money before patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Poor coverage of NICU, poorly prepared staff and use grad nurses in critical care area without adequate training. Advocate for proper staffing ratios or staff and get threatened or terminated. Frequently understaffed or needing travel nurses in a town full of nurses...the locals don't want to work here so take a hint.
Cons
Nonsupportive management
Fun, and exciting working environment
Dietary, Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 5, 2015
I honestly love working here! You get to eat all you want with my department for free, the only thing is that the director isn't really reliable with scheduling (especially with the students who are attending college to better themselves). Besides that, this is an ideal working environment!
Pros
Free food, Great staff
Cons
Short breaks, Horrible scheduling
Wonderful Work Environment!
Administrative Assist, Quality & Education Dept (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at North Florida. My coworkers were sharp and smart and they enjoyed what they did real team work!!! I assisted the Director of Quality and Education I also did translating: I am bilingual bicultural Fluent in Spanish. Had the opportunity of working with the finest of doctors and nurses in a administrative capacity.
Pros
Pro Emplyee Environment / Wanted to do my 150% at my responsibilities.
Cons
Would have love to have stayed working there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Florida Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Florida Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location