North Florida Regional Medical Center

North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  LaboratoryJuly 21, 2015
Do not work here unless you are willing to be part of unpleaasant situations and are able to turn a blind eye on management. If you need the experience, that's fine, just don't stay too long. Management gets away with anything they want...even if it sacrifices patient care or employee safety. The pay is not comparable to anywhere in town. Working in my field with many outpatients, I was advised by my superiors to tell non-insured patients to go somewhere else because they can't afford it. HCA is a very greedy corporation that only cares about money. Of the top 50 most expensive hospitals in the US, 21 are located in FL, 14 are HCA owned, and NFRMC is number 28. If this is the case, why are employees compensated SO POORLY? That place will chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Friendly coworkers(most of the time)
Cons
Managament, compensation, lack of ethics
Wonderful Work Environment!
Administrative Assist, Quality & Education Dept (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at North Florida. My coworkers were sharp and smart and they enjoyed what they did real team work!!! I assisted the Director of Quality and Education I also did translating: I am bilingual bicultural Fluent in Spanish. Had the opportunity of working with the finest of doctors and nurses in a administrative capacity.
Pros
Pro Emplyee Environment / Wanted to do my 150% at my responsibilities.
Cons
Would have love to have stayed working there!
patient care
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville,FlAugust 8, 2015
I love this job! I feel great that everyday I helped and saved someones life. The co-workers are always nice and pleasant to work with.
Pros
helping people
Cons
salary
Great place to work for
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 3, 2015
Great place to work for very good place for college students who need to gain experience within the healthcare facility while pursing there degree. North Florida also offers excellent benefits along with flexible hours (depending on department).
Pros
Great Benefits, Free lunch
Cons
large overturn rate
Stock Tech in the O.R.
O.R. Stock Tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Work went by pretty fast. Very fast paced. Attention to detail was a must. Co-workers a pleasure to be around. Management not very upfront, one day they praise you for a good job, next day you're scorned for poor performance.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
work schedule
Good work environment; always room to learn form each other
Radiologic Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work usually pertains to a fast, but organized pace. The supervisor was always sure we were working with each other and made it clear that communication was key. The co-workers in my department always work as a team and strive to make every day a good one. I learned so much from my co-workers, supervisor, physician assistance, surgeons, and so many others and have been very grateful for the experience. If I had to pick the hardest part of my job I would have to choose seeing patients in pain, but the best part of my job is knowing I am doing everything I can to provide the doctors with the information that they need to help resolve the patients needs. As a Radiologic Technologist Assistant I strive to do my best to make the patient as comfortable as possible when they come in.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Travel time
Excellently managed hospital with excellent staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2015
Working at North Florida Regional Medical Center was an excellent experience all around. The doctors and directors were well trained, respectable professionals who cared about their patients and all their staff members. Although not a teaching facility, you would never know it. Any questions were always addressed and staff were always willing to help. The only difficult part in working at North Florida was taking call. Even that wasn't too difficult as other employees would take your shift if not needed or wanted and vice versa.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Call shifts
Don't work here in the kitchen
9.10 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville flJune 3, 2015
This hospital is great if your a vistor. Working in the food part is a joke there is no every other weekend that's a big fat lie I got hired getting told that everyone nice and helpful lies . You will have old co worker in there late 40s talking about people I was new and got talked about like a dog. I didn't appreciate it when I brought it up it was if they behavior was okay .They won't work around your school schedule over heard many students upset due to getting schedule on there days off for class .over all I will never work for them again and holiday pay is a joke you only get 3% percent of that pay mean while the head bosses don't know what's it's like to be on the floor and deal with all the issue they leave at 5 and have every weekend off.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 5, 2015
It was a great place to work! My coworkers were fantastic and well educated. The supervisors were compassionate and very helpful.
Fast paced, intensive work environment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 10, 2013
Good department to work with. A lot of team players.
New building added for more patient beds.
Variety of medical conditions to work with.
I have become adept at the Midas & Curaspan systems
Pros
salary competetive
good family/work atmosphere
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 6, 2015
I LOVE my job! I enjoy going to work with the people i work with including the department directors. Pay is lower compared to others in area, but if you are not just all about the $$, then... the hardest part of the job is the hardest part of Respiratory, period...
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
pay not comparable
Would not reccomend unless you have no experience or choice
Rad Tech II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Department Supervisor for X-ray is inept. Schedules are always late and requests to have time off are typically not authorized until very close to the dates involved which can be very aggravating and expensive if plane tickets are involved. Management/supervisor plays the "favorite" game which happens at most places, but it is VERY prevalent and unapologetic here to the point where new Techs with less than five months of experience are given scheduling, time off, and shift advancement considerations over Senior techs. The pay scale is almost insultingly low (there's a Radiography/Sonography program just a few miles away and they dont care if people leave over pay because there is always a new influx of recent grads). The ED is exremely busy with cliental that tend to be very demanding and dirty. If you love contact patients, low pay, and supervision/management that couldnt give a care less about you after your first 4-6 weeks, then this is the place for you! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. On top of everything else, the equipment is so old Roentgen himself may have used it, and anything they do purchase are almost always base models. For example, we were promised a new portable Xray machine because the ones we had were constantly needing to be fixed. Over a year later and nada. They claim the delay was due to a "flaw" with the machine. As it turns out, the "flaw" had to do with a Wi-Fi component that we werent going to use anyway. If you bring any kind of grievance to management, they will either say, "this is the first I'm hearing of this" (regardless of how many other times you  more... have bruoght it to their attention) or "just be grateful you have a job" This hospital is just bad,bad,bad...  less
Pros
a few of the other techs were really great people with whom to work
Cons
almost every other thing you can imagine
Lpn
Emergency Department-Registrar/Business Office (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 9, 2015
A health care environment where I may utilize my nursing skills and provide excellent patient care. I enjoyed the fast paced environment.
Good place to work for just starting out
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2013
NFRMC hired me when no one else would. I am very greatfull for this. However this not excuse the politics and other drama that goes on with any other job.
Hardest part of job
Staff RN - Oncology/Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Hardest part of the job was the long hours, nurses who NEVER worked weedends and having to work OT because staff were told not to come in based on the census but no thought was given to the transfers in to your floor.
Nurse tech II at North Florida Regional Medical Center
Nurse Tech II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2013
A typical night at work for me was to support my duties for patients under supervision of RNs on a medical/surgical unit of the hospital. Duties included caring for wide range of patients with complex medical conditions.
I have learned so much while working at NFRMC including monitoring patient equipment like wound vacs, chest tubes, feeding tubes, Jp/hemovacs, catheters, rectal tubes, NG tubes and intravenous lines and pumps. I learned the importance of performing patient hygiene duties to prevent skin breakdown and prevent development of pressure ulcers. Also, I have learned to work with others and use team work to help make the patients feel comfortable and safe.
The hardest part of the job would be when we were short of staff because I felt the patients didn't fully get the care they deserved.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my patients heal and go home fully recovered. Also, I enjoyed making patients happy and comfortable when they were having a rough time.
friendly place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Everyone there is friendly and will help out the staff and patients and family members with any situation. Always has a smile on their face and is ready to lend an ear if you need to talk.
Excellent
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
The best Nurses, The best Doctors, the best Teams. I would go back there tomorrow. Excellent pay, benefits and working environment.
Great with variable scheduling
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlMay 12, 2014
Worked night shift. Great teamwork. Not enough promotion for learning activities.
Pros
great scheduling
Cons
poor learning environment
Nice place to work
Lead NICU Lactation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 15, 2014
Great co-workers! Nice patients. Job security is always in question.
Pros
great staff
Cons
frequent layoffs

North Florida Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location