North Florida Regional Medical Center

North Florida Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Clerk (Former Employee), LaboratoryJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers(most of the time)
Cons: Managament, compensation, lack of ethics
Do not work here unless you are willing to be part of unpleaasant situations and are able to turn a blind eye on management. If you need the experience, that's fine, just don't stay too long. Management gets away with anything they want...even if it sacrifices patient care or employee safety. The pay is not comparable to anywhere in town. Working in my field with many outpatients, I was advised by my superiors to tell non-insured patients to go somewhere else because they can't afford it. HCA is a very greedy corporation that only cares about money. Of the top 50 most expensive hospitals in the US, 21 are located in FL, 14 are HCA owned, and NFRMC is number 28. If this is the case, why are employees compensated SO POORLY? That place will chew you up and spit you out.
Excellently managed hospital with excellent staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff
Cons: Call shifts
Working at North Florida Regional Medical Center was an excellent experience all around. The doctors and directors were well trained, respectable professionals who cared about their patients and all their staff members. Although not a teaching facility, you would never know it. Any questions were always addressed and staff were always willing to help. The only difficult part in working at North Florida was taking call. Even that wasn't too difficult as other employees would take your shift if not needed or wanted and vice versa.
good family/work atmosphere
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: pay not comparable
I LOVE my job! I enjoy going to work with the people i work with including the department directors. Pay is lower compared to others in area, but if you are not just all about the $$, then... the hardest part of the job is the hardest part of Respiratory, period...
Great place to work for
Diet Clerk (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Free lunch
Cons: large overturn rate
Great place to work for very good place for college students who need to gain experience within the healthcare facility while pursing there degree. North Florida also offers excellent benefits along with flexible hours (depending on department).
Good work environment; always room to learn form each other
Radiologic Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Travel time
A typical day at work usually pertains to a fast, but organized pace. The supervisor was always sure we were working with each other and made it clear that communication was key. The co-workers in my department always work as a team and strive to make every day a good one. I learned so much from my co-workers, supervisor, physician assistance, surgeons, and so many others and have been very grateful for the experience. If I had to pick the hardest part of my job I would have to choose seeing patients in pain, but the best part of my job is knowing I am doing everything I can to provide the doctors with the information that they need to help resolve the patients needs. As a Radiologic Technologist Assistant I strive to do my best to make the patient as comfortable as possible when they come in.
LPN
Emergency Department-Registrar/Business Office (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 9, 2015
A health care environment where I may utilize my nursing skills and provide excellent patient care. I enjoyed the fast paced environment.
Don't work here in the kitchen
9.10 (Former Employee), Gainesville flJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Short breaks
This hospital is great if your a vistor. Working in the food part is a joke there is no every other weekend that's a big fat lie I got hired getting told that everyone nice and helpful lies . You will have old co worker in there late 40s talking about people I was new and got talked about like a dog. I didn't appreciate it when I brought it up it was if they behavior was okay .They won't work around your school schedule over heard many students upset due to getting schedule on there days off for class .over all I will never work for them again and holiday pay is a joke you only get 3% percent of that pay mean while the head bosses don't know what's it's like to be on the floor and deal with all the issue they leave at 5 and have every weekend off.
friendly place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Everyone there is friendly and will help out the staff and patients and family members with any situation. Always has a smile on their face and is ready to lend an ear if you need to talk.
typical mid-level hospital
Operating Room (Former Employee), Gainesville FLFebruary 9, 2015
was not a bad company at all and pay was about what you'd expect although better hospital in area that had an overall better program for employees
Working With Care
Radiology Patient Transportation Attendant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FL.January 5, 2015
This was a good experience I got to meet new people daily,
I learn a lot about others by just listening as they would talk to me
Great work environment
ER Registrar Business Office (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2014
Great work environment and able to develop more skills that have help me through the years.
busy hospital
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 9, 2014
It's a decent place to work. It's a busy hospital with a diverse patient population.
Excellent
LPN (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
The best Nurses, The best Doctors, the best Teams. I would go back there tomorrow. Excellent pay, benefits and working environment.
love this Hospital
Echocardiogram/EKG Technician CVT/CPT/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 13, 2014
work flow works really well
boss was amazing
co workers easy to get alone with
enjoyed working for them
Typical day
Patient Concierge (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 31, 2014
Typical day at work for me is rounding the whole hospital seeing every patient. It is one other girl and I that do so.
Great
Registrar (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 15, 2014
Team approach. Productive. Friendly environment.Great agency.
A great experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 10, 2014
Being a volunteer was a great eye opener to the field that I wanted to go into. At first I was skeptical about my decisions in Health Care Administration but after working with NFRMC my decision became final due to the work environment being very encouraging and motivational.
Great with variable scheduling
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlMay 12, 2014
Pros: great scheduling
Cons: poor learning environment
Worked night shift. Great teamwork. Not enough promotion for learning activities.
Get to put my customer service skills to use
NCA/ FANS (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 8, 2014
I work with patients. It makes my day go by putting a smile on their faces makes me feel like i did a good deed.
Nice place to work
Lead NICU Lactation Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: frequent layoffs
Great co-workers! Nice patients. Job security is always in question.
Employees