North Florida Retirement Village Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Transportation & Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 years. I started out as a PT employee and worked my way up through the ranks until I was on the leadership tem. If you are looking for a company to grow with, this is definitely the company to do with. I have never worked for a company that cared more about and showed their appreciation to the associates. I foolishly left the company for what I thought was a better opportunity and have been trying to go back to The Village it is such a great company. You will not be sorry you applied for and work for this company.
Pros
Supportive management, Advancement opportunity, Treated like family
Cons
Challenging yet rewarding job with very friendly environment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day at work is usually busy running around chasing residents ,helping them and providing them with all the care they need. Learning and understanding a lot about Alzheimer's desease gave me all the knowledge on how to deal with the patients' everyday lives. I love working at The Village. The management is great and fare and my co-workers are very friendly .
awful management
server (Former Employee) –  dining servicesSeptember 23, 2014
Management sucks, part time employees get scheduled nearly 40 hours per week or more and no benefits. Don't try requesting a day off it's such a burden for them! Apply in other departments I guess, but dining services is the WORST
In charge of 3 kitchens with in the development.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleOctober 24, 2013
I enjoyed my time with the residents. Cooking for them was a pleasure.
Pros
good community
Cons
70 hours a week
Upscale retirement community
Certified Nursing Assistant & Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 3, 2012
Learned to be responsible for my own hall of residents including assisting with: administration of medications, acivities of daily living, scheduling appointments with health care staff, reporting abnormals to my supervisor, and accomodating the needs of my patients.
Pros
had the resources i needed to perform care for my residents
Cons
not enough supervision
fun work place very calm
Server/Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2012
typical day at work was making sure the resident had everything they need to enjoy a nice meal
Pros
free food great work schedule
Cons
pay wasnt that good
Awful management
Dining Room Supervisor - Jasmine Pointe (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 16, 2012
Do not work in the food service part of the company if you can avoid it. the rest of the company is wonderful and really serves the residents well.
Pros
meet really great residents
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours, poor management

2.9