North Florida Retirement Village Employee Reviews

Needs improvement
Patient Care Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 14, 2017
While the Village of Gainesville come with a reputation for being a great place to work, it often falls very short. Constantly short-staffed. Can't trust co-workers. Manager likes to micromanage and play favorites. You feel undervalued and unappreciated. The work itself is not bad and I love working with the residents. I am very disappointed in what I have found here but I fear that things will not change as long as some people remain in management.
Very unhappy workers
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 13, 2017
If you are thin and pretty you will go very far at this company. If you are lazy and have a great social personality you will go far at this company. If you work hard, efficient and never call out to work you will be treated like a dog and never get anywhere with this company.
Pros
Christmas bonus, the resident that live there are wonderful.
Cons
They hire a bunch of teenagers, who are very immature.
Okay place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 1, 2017
I love working here at the village. The only thing is that there is a lot of drama between coworkers and management has been lacking lately. But the pay is alright, could be better.
Pros
food
Cons
management, hours
I love my job. I wrk in dining services. Management is great, and if there happened to be an issue, I'm positive that they would handle it quickly
Dining services (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2016
Great pay
Nice environment.
Especially around the holidays, best job I've had thus far. The hardest part of the day I's getting out of bed.. Lol once I'm at work the day goes by.
Great Place to Work
Transportation & Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 years. I started out as a PT employee and worked my way up through the ranks until I was on the leadership tem. If you are looking for a company to grow with, this is definitely the company to do with. I have never worked for a company that cared more about and showed their appreciation to the associates. I foolishly left the company for what I thought was a better opportunity and have been trying to go back to The Village it is such a great company. You will not be sorry you applied for and work for this company.
Pros
Supportive management, Advancement opportunity, Treated like family
Cons
Challenging yet rewarding job with very friendly environment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day at work is usually busy running around chasing residents ,helping them and providing them with all the care they need. Learning and understanding a lot about Alzheimer's desease gave me all the knowledge on how to deal with the patients' everyday lives. I love working at The Village. The management is great and fare and my co-workers are very friendly .
Helping the elderly
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 14, 2015
I learned how to deal with dementia patients and pass medication. The hardest part of my job was the fact that the lock down unit wasn't equipped to the patients needs. The most enjoyable parts of the jobs were when i could help a patient have a good day and feel content.
Pros
Shifts were only eight hours
Cons
Benefits weren't the best
awful management
server (Former Employee) –  dining servicesSeptember 23, 2014
Management sucks, part time employees get scheduled nearly 40 hours per week or more and no benefits. Don't try requesting a day off it's such a burden for them! Apply in other departments I guess, but dining services is the WORST
In charge of 3 kitchens with in the development.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleOctober 24, 2013
I enjoyed my time with the residents. Cooking for them was a pleasure.
Pros
Good Community
Cons
70 hours a week
Upscale retirement community
Certified Nursing Assistant & Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 3, 2012
Learned to be responsible for my own hall of residents including assisting with: administration of medications, acivities of daily living, scheduling appointments with health care staff, reporting abnormals to my supervisor, and accomodating the needs of my patients.
Pros
had the resources i needed to perform care for my residents
Cons
not enough supervision
fun work place very calm
Server/Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2012
typical day at work was making sure the resident had everything they need to enjoy a nice meal
Pros
free food great work schedule
Cons
pay wasnt that good
Awful management
Dining Room Supervisor - Jasmine Pointe (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 16, 2012
Do not work in the food service part of the company if you can avoid it. the rest of the company is wonderful and really serves the residents well.
Pros
meet really great residents
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours, poor management