North Hennepin Community College

North Hennepin Community College Employer Reviews

Nice to company to work for. Every body likes there. it is a nice company.
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNApril 23, 2014
Nice to company to work for. Every body likes there. it is a nice company.
It is a great place to learn and grow with amazing teachers.
Student Teacher (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 16, 2013
I had the chance to student teach there and it was an amazing experience. The teachers there are very passionate and personable. They are full of knowledge.
Fun work palce
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: able to do homework
Cons: short term /student worker
Greating student, data entry Learned problem solving stills, Great staff, Hard working team members. Hardest part High student placement, Enjoyable the divesity.
Productive and fun work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 26, 2013
Pros: making people happy, fun envirnment
Cons: not enough hours
• A typical day working as an Ambassador, I would start of giving congratulation calls to the students who have been accepted to North Hennipen. A congratulation call would normally go as: Hello my i speak with (Student name), Hi I am (my name) from North Hennipen Community College and I am just calling to congratulate you on acceptance to North Hennipen. – more... (Student shows excitement, therefore i show excitement with them) Have you read the acceptance letter in the mail or email at all by any chance? (They would either respond with yes or no) Do you have any questions on the process or anything? (They may ask questions regarding to what to do next, financial aid questions, Placement test questions, and even questions on when to register.) When all of the calls or finished I would then continue to put information in the data entry. When that is complete i would then stuff folders that would be sent out to perspective students. I would finished with the work in the back office so i would have time to either do homework and/ or go to the front desk and ask for any projects that needs to be finished. Because i work with the information Center at North Hennipen, we have administration representatives that speaks with students who wish to enroll in the school, student ambassadors are also responsible in giving tours to those students. I would also be asked to sit in at the front desk to answer calls and answer questions or assist with students who need student id's, etc
• Because this was my first job, i learned hoe to scan documents, work with Microsoft Outlook, Use telephone etiquette, and work well in an office.
• Management in the office is very well. Everyone in the department get their job done which makes it easier for the admission representatives and the ambassadors.
• The co-workers that i work with or really friendly and fun to work with., I consider the co-workers that I work with at North Hennipen as another family. I hope to find another job with a department that is friendly with it's staff.
• The hard thing I would say being in countered with people (In person or on the phone) whom seem to have a bad day and the bet thing i can do is to try my best and make their day a better day and have them smile. That would be something hard that i would face with.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is just being around people who are energetic and helping people find the things they are searching for and making there day a bit easier for them and happier. – less
Teachers aid (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 20, 2013
Pros: everything
Take attendance of students. Help teacher with anything they need. Listen for instructions.
Flexible and Fun
Work Study at the Health and Wellness Center (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 12, 2013
On a everyday basis I would sign students in and out of the gym and weight room. Sometimes I work in the office, which I would answer phone calls or questions that students have.
Working here, I interact with a lot of students with different backgrounds/ethnicity. It taught me a copious of information of each student. I treat NHCC students like customers – more... to create a connection between the students and I.
My co-workers including my boss are, by far, the best co-workers. and boss ever. They are funny, jokes around, knows when to be serious, responsible, and very generous. I love seeing them everyday at work because if it was not for them, work would not be as interesting.
The hardest part of my job is to sit all day. I'm a frenetic person who likes to move around and be active. Most of the time at work I'm sitting around, which gets kind of dreadful.
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with students, co-workers, and my boss. That's what I love most about my job; the people I interact with everyday. – less
Challenging diverse exciting environment
Tutor Mentor (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 11, 2012
Pros: bonuses - paid and subsidized trips
Cons: long demanding hours
Very challenging, exciting - diverse environment working with individuals with compasion, team work and highly revered interpersonal skills. Fun experimenting and working with high technological devices.
Productive, fast paced working environment
Student Success Programs Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNJune 21, 2012
Pros: pizza fridays, free printing, access to library resources
Cons: short breaks
I loved working with the SSP student success programs because I was able to see how programs were developed and executed for students that were academically struggling. I was able to help new students with registrations one on one. I learned that a students weak point in one subject is their strong point in another subject. I loved working in the SSP – more... because I looked up to my boss and her boss as mentors. I feel I learned a lot from interacting with them on a daily basis. I also learned the importance of students information and school records confidentiality. – less