North Highland Employee Reviews

Consulting with balance
Principal Consultant, Acct Mgr, Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
Led a practice area, account team, and managed projects. Hard work but felt like contributions made a difference. Culture has changed since I was there. Some hard times, but it seems that things have gotten better overall.
Pros
Good work with good clients. Great colleagues. Growing personally and professionally
Cons
Heavy emphasis on sales started to affect client focus
Growing Pains
Principal, Change Management-Org Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2017
The company has good people, but is experiencing growing pains. The culture and working guidelines have changed (e.g. increased travel vs location-based) resulting in loss of some experienced talent.
Summary
Director Talent Acquisition West Region (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
North Highland has some great components and some of the brightest most talented employees. The shortfall comes in relation to the their culture. It's very cut throat and, as a result, has a high turn-over rate.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
Unhealthy Culture
Growing/Changing Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
The North Highland Company has some of the smartest, nicest people. The company is growing and changing, as companies do, and things are shifting as a result.
Organization trying to find itself
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAMay 2, 2017
The work is very interesting, but the organization is trying to find itself. The culture varies from one office to the next. Lots of changes, tight budget, high turnover.
Work Life Balance
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work, just a far commute for me. Culture is rapidly changing due to new management structure. I enjoy being able to work from home. The only thing that's a problem is the commute getting here.
job security
Sr. Project Manager for Novant Health (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I feel secure working for North Highland. I feel confident if my contract were to terminate they would place me in a new position quickly with a reputable company.
Great internship experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
The only negative I have to say is that there wasn't an opening after my internship ended. Also, there was a misunderstanding about the duration of the internship.
Nice place to work
Business Operations Lead, West Region (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
Great place to work for many years. Supportive of the right client fit and of personal career paths. Undergoing some changes as they look to grow. Experiencing growing pains.
Pros
Work life balance. Good people and culture
Cons
Struggling to redefine themselves for growth
Do not work here
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2016
I got hired then tore my ACL before my start date. Company did not want to work with me on any of my needed time off.

If you respect yourself do not work for these people because they won't respect you or your health.
Cons

Want to know more about North Highland?

Ask a question
N/a
Billing Specialist (contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77072August 15, 2016
Billing of services, man hours, products, and many other service industry items. The culture of the company is very laid back customer oriented and employee friendly.
Pros
Training is always available to help advance your career
Cons
You must have transportation.
Management consulting
Management & IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  USApril 6, 2016
23 years with Bell Atlantic - technician, call center rep, call center supervisor and manager, IT systems, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer manager
Excellent group
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Very supportive and responsive to my needs while working with the client to meet the project objectives. I learned and coordinated requirement information with the Rally project tool and participated in product development ideas.
Newly merged with the competition
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 17, 2016
SRA and CSC were rivals on most bids. They are now one company. I am not sure what conditions are like there now. Should be interesting.
Bad experience
Sr. Consulting Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2016
Low regard for employees unless you're part of the "good ol' boys" club. Do what's best for firm not staff or clients. Not a place I'd work again, due to the dubious leadership and culture.
Pros
make sure you get promises in writing, they SOUND great but don't always deliver
Cons
Worse now that North Highlands is in control
Worst Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Worked in the Dallas area on a project for a few months. This company will promise a client everything it wants, the VP and Project Manager have no technical background but make technical decisions. Was just taken back on the "make it happen" attitude and they didn't provide any guidance or resources. They really just went to the meetings to show off to the clients, of course they never had any idea what they were talking about.
Pros
Cons
Lack of good Management, VP and Project Manager
Boutique Consulting Firm
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 9, 2015
I spent only a short time at North Highland. The people I worked with were terrific, but consulting is just not for me. I am operationally wired and my way of thinking is in conflict with the business model of a consulting firm, which is to extend your stay, add resources, and find other opportunities to sell more work. Having worked in hospital operations for so long, I am wired to come in on budget, on time, and with minimal resources. For this reason, I went back to the world in which I came - hospital operations and am much happier.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Stereotypical consulting
North Highland had a nice work environment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
My typical work day consisted of making sure all the day-to-day activities were up and running efficiently. I would make sure all the Executive Assistants were fine and make sure there were no issues they needed my assistance resolving. I then would check to see if there were any Consultants or VP's that need any printing/binding of deliverables to be presented either internally or to clients.
Pros
I was able to interact with everyone within the Corporate Office.
Cons
Commute was too long at times; pay grade continued to decrease
Alright place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
I learned about Change Management
Co-workers were nice.
The hardest part of my job building sales connections to increase pay.
Great place to be noticed by your peers.
SCCM Administrator/Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
Develop, manage and maintain North Highland PC images, building, testing, manage inventory, PCs platform specifications through the utilization of System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (SCCM 2012). Software and patch management utilizing SCCM2012 R2. Operation System Deployment (OSD) and Application creation within SCCM2012 R2. Work directly with the customers in order to ensure a quality solution is delivered and all issues are identified, escalated and resolved in a proactive manner. Review and optimize workflow, procedures, processes, and systems (call center, ticketing, reporting, and remote access) and tools. Administer and manage Exchange mailboxes and distribution lists. Assist with the migration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office 365.