North Hills Hospital Employee Reviews

A great facility with a united and supportive staff focused on achieving excellence in all areas.
Director, CV & Critical Care Services (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2016
NHH is a very busy place. A workday there was very busy with many priorities. The leadership team is strong and supportive to their peers. Management supports the staff and works hard to create transparency in communication. The days were long but the staff are awesome to work with and everyone strives for the best. Even though it is part of HCA, its atmosphere is still that of a local community hospital. It is a great place!
Pros
Strong, supportive leadership team.
Cons
long work days
Productive and great place
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I love working here. This place has given me the opportunity to learn and grow. I have worked here for 9 years. I am knowledgeable with the surgical atmosphere. I work mostly in CVOR and in main O.R. I have a great team of staff and co-workers. Management has been so great over the years. I am fortunate to work for a place like North Hills!
team players
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hills HospitalJuly 12, 2015
the hospital is a great place to start a career. employees and management believe in supporting one another like family.
Not very Organized but Fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 23, 2015
Typical Day was fast paced and had different types of pts. to care for.
Learned Great IV skills due to having to do twin-cath. IV on neuro pts.. Co-workers were great and supportive with team work minded.
Hardest part was not able to get out on time.
Most enjoyable was the great pt. care from co-workers.
Pros
Great Lunch cafeteria
fun place to work
GTS (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 26, 2015
I love it there but working in the department I do the hours can be long and strenious. The staff and doctors are wonderful.
Great place to work!!
Admin Assistant to the V.P. of Support Services (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 18, 2015
North Hills Hospital is a great place to work. They treat their employees with respect and make it a warm place to work. My supervisor was the best I have ever had the pleasure to work for. My job included a wide variety of opportunities which included working closely with the Vice President of Support Services to provide him with data to support his position. I maintained payroll entry, provided bookkeeping duties, entered data for maintenance department and the security department. It was a strong team oriented department which was icing on the cake. The hardest part of my job was providing secretarial support for meetings which involved minute taking.
Pros
Job appreciation
Operating Room Administrative Assistant/Board Runner
Operating Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 8, 2014
I really enjoyed my years at Plaza. Working with Patients, Doctors, different departments and staff made it a fun, fast paced work environment. Things didn't go always according to plan but that was the beauty of it, it taught me to be a great problem solver.
Pros
Love helping people, very fulfilling work, everyday I felt I made a difference.
Decent facility
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 7, 2014
A typical day was challenging but there was a consistent enforcement of a staffing grid that did not fit patient acuity which I thought was unsafe. There were also many levels to management and they were not always on the same page of who would deliver messages or complete certain tasks. Great staff nurses.
Pros
Nicely priced lunches, close to many housing areas
Cons
understaffed or mismanaged staff
Well established hospital with unpredictable work schedules
Nutrition Associate/ Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 30, 2014
The medical benefits were extremely high for the position and hours I worked.
Pros
Free Lunch
benefits
Working and finding jobs
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Richland HillsJuly 15, 2014
When finding jobs it is not as easy as it is. I work really hard for what I want. My job I have now was really hard to get, My co workers I work with are really nice, I work well with anybody that I first meet, I learn pretty quick, And I work hard to get higher in the company. I am a achiever! The hardest part of the job would be the first day I was there learning everything and first talking to customers. But eventually I got better at what I do. The most enjoyable part would be with friends, and having a good day!
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
Productive, hard work but we had a lot of laughs
Med Front Office/Surgry Schedler/Office mngr (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2014
we worked so hard was serious when needed but when it was slow we had our laughs. i love graveyard no one around like admid. we were tight as any family could be. we looked out for each other.
We cried we laught we got silly and we always had eachothers backs. hardest part of cours babies die or been beaten or a family member passed on. we shake it off hug eachother and the most enjoyable part of this job is that we will all be together for eachother and do it again on the next shift
Pros
we can go outside to see the snow
Cons
no breaks barely
Great Coworkers supportive staff caring managment
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hilll TxJune 17, 2014
Great Coworkers well equipped Laboratory. Supportive Staff, caring earnest management.
Equipment well maintained and up to date.
Some struggles with a lower census due to changing healthcare rules and regs brought about by the ACA.
Pros
Great coworkers, supportive staff and management
Cons
struggling to adapt to healthcare changes
Nice place to work
Echo/Vascular Tech (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 28, 2014
Four 10
Echo tee and inpatient settings
Good
Teamwork
Flexibility
Earn what you work for
A good learning environment
Staff Pharmacist (Part Time PRN) (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 24, 2014
I enjoyed my short time at NHH. I learned a lot from my co workers who worked closely as team.
Pros
A good balance between work and home.
Cons
I did not a lot of training.
Great work place
physical therapist assistant (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 8, 2014
North Hills Hospital in NRH, Tx was by far the best work experience I could of ever asked for.
No longer open.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 8, 2013
This hospital is no longer open.
Supported growth and promoted fro within.
Productive and fun place to work.
Clinical Rotation as Surgical Tech Student (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 26, 2013
Amazing place with good people who love what they do for a living.
Volunteer at the Hospital
Data Entry of New Patients (Current Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 22, 2013
Everyday I go into volunteer at the hospital I am always excited to see everyone there. I learned to always work hard for what u want. and I have experienced so much stuff there its amazing on what I can do now. I am a very hard worker and I am always working over times on days I do not need to. I am a over achiever that likes to get things done fast and quick! I am a very sweet and intelligent girl who loves to learn things new everyday. And I have a high degree of Intelligence and responsibility. I am most defiantly a leader not a follower. and I am very mature for my age, I am 20 years old. I am always open to anything to do at work And I am looking for a job that will help me get into college and life. I will be going to College next year to be a nurse.
perfect job to have if your a family orientated individual
Staff Plumber/ Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2013
I worked here for almost 9 yrs. I would not have left if it were not for relocation.
Pros
great people in my dept
Cons
when you are on call. you have to stay around the vacinity.
Great Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 27, 2013
Drawing blood from a inhouse perspective, learn a lot. Working with patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Hills Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.