North Hills Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 27, 2017
The most part I enjoyed is when I went to work I knew in a bad case scenario I would have my team members there to help out and everyone knew what they should be doing. It was a great atmosphere to work in.
Understaffed and overworked
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 7, 2017
Working at NHH was stressful, I started off as a PRN night shift employee and moved up to full time Phlebotomist with no pay increase. Overworked and underpaid, always woking on my days off just to meet my eighty hours. They system didn't make sense, night shift worked 5 days on 2 days off and 2 days on 5 off. The employee turn around rate was horrible, and the management staff never had your back in any situation.
Pros
Na
Cons
short breaks or no breaks same for lunches.
Pass on this one
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 29, 2017
It was once a strong and supportive hospital to work for--but HCA as a whole treats their nurses poorly--which is clear by the benefits and pay that they offer.
Excellent place to work
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 21, 2017
Great team, nurses and staff value team work, respect and diligently work together to provide superior patient care. Everyday at North Hills is a challenge that encourages it's team member to do their best.
Overworked
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 20, 2017
The workload for this hospital is very demanding, and the staffing problems are throughout the hospital. Many of the people are very nice, and some are knowledgable, however there are many travel RN's and brand new nurses in many of the units.
Pros
Many of the people are very nice
Cons
Constantly Understaffed and a lot of travel RN's
Awesome place to work
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Great staff and the service is outstanding with plenty of opportunities and rewards. Good time to learn and apply critical thinking into jobs. People are nice
A great facility with a united and supportive staff focused on achieving excellence in all areas.
Director, CV & Critical Care Services (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2016
NHH is a very busy place. A workday there was very busy with many priorities. The leadership team is strong and supportive to their peers. Management supports the staff and works hard to create transparency in communication. The days were long but the staff are awesome to work with and everyone strives for the best. Even though it is part of HCA, its atmosphere is still that of a local community hospital. It is a great place!
Pros
Strong, supportive leadership team.
Cons
long work days
Productive and great place
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I love working here. This place has given me the opportunity to learn and grow. I have worked here for 9 years. I am knowledgeable with the surgical atmosphere. I work mostly in CVOR and in main O.R. I have a great team of staff and co-workers. Management has been so great over the years. I am fortunate to work for a place like North Hills!
team players
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hills HospitalJuly 12, 2015
the hospital is a great place to start a career. employees and management believe in supporting one another like family.
Not very Organized but Fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 23, 2015
Typical Day was fast paced and had different types of pts. to care for.
Learned Great IV skills due to having to do twin-cath. IV on neuro pts.. Co-workers were great and supportive with team work minded.
Hardest part was not able to get out on time.
Most enjoyable was the great pt. care from co-workers.
Pros
Great Lunch cafeteria
fun place to work
GTS (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 26, 2015
I love it there but working in the department I do the hours can be long and strenious. The staff and doctors are wonderful.
Great place to work!!
Admin Assistant to the V.P. of Support Services (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 18, 2015
North Hills Hospital is a great place to work. They treat their employees with respect and make it a warm place to work. My supervisor was the best I have ever had the pleasure to work for. My job included a wide variety of opportunities which included working closely with the Vice President of Support Services to provide him with data to support his position. I maintained payroll entry, provided bookkeeping duties, entered data for maintenance department and the security department. It was a strong team oriented department which was icing on the cake. The hardest part of my job was providing secretarial support for meetings which involved minute taking.
Pros
Job appreciation
Operating Room Administrative Assistant/Board Runner
Operating Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 8, 2014
I really enjoyed my years at Plaza. Working with Patients, Doctors, different departments and staff made it a fun, fast paced work environment. Things didn't go always according to plan but that was the beauty of it, it taught me to be a great problem solver.
Pros
Love helping people, very fulfilling work, everyday I felt I made a difference.
Decent facility
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 7, 2014
A typical day was challenging but there was a consistent enforcement of a staffing grid that did not fit patient acuity which I thought was unsafe. There were also many levels to management and they were not always on the same page of who would deliver messages or complete certain tasks. Great staff nurses.
Pros
Nicely priced lunches, close to many housing areas
Cons
understaffed or mismanaged staff
Well established hospital with unpredictable work schedules
Nutrition Associate/ Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 30, 2014
The medical benefits were extremely high for the position and hours I worked.
Pros
Free Lunch
benefits
Working and finding jobs
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Richland HillsJuly 15, 2014
When finding jobs it is not as easy as it is. I work really hard for what I want. My job I have now was really hard to get, My co workers I work with are really nice, I work well with anybody that I first meet, I learn pretty quick, And I work hard to get higher in the company. I am a achiever! The hardest part of the job would be the first day I was there learning everything and first talking to customers. But eventually I got better at what I do. The most enjoyable part would be with friends, and having a good day!
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
Productive, hard work but we had a lot of laughs
Med Front Office/Surgry Schedler/Office mngr (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2014
we worked so hard was serious when needed but when it was slow we had our laughs. i love graveyard no one around like admid. we were tight as any family could be. we looked out for each other.
We cried we laught we got silly and we always had eachothers backs. hardest part of cours babies die or been beaten or a family member passed on. we shake it off hug eachother and the most enjoyable part of this job is that we will all be together for eachother and do it again on the next shift
Pros
we can go outside to see the snow
Cons
no breaks barely
Great Coworkers supportive staff caring managment
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hilll TxJune 17, 2014
Great Coworkers well equipped Laboratory. Supportive Staff, caring earnest management.
Equipment well maintained and up to date.
Some struggles with a lower census due to changing healthcare rules and regs brought about by the ACA.
Pros
Great coworkers, supportive staff and management
Cons
struggling to adapt to healthcare changes
Nice place to work
Echo/Vascular Tech (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 28, 2014
Four 10
Echo tee and inpatient settings
Good
Teamwork
Flexibility
Earn what you work for
A good learning environment
Staff Pharmacist (Part Time PRN) (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 24, 2014
I enjoyed my short time at NHH. I learned a lot from my co workers who worked closely as team.
Pros
A good balance between work and home.
Cons
I did not a lot of training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Hills Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.