North Kansas City Hospital

North Kansas City Hospital Employer Reviews

great place for a new grad to start out
supervisor, Pat Dixon Nurse Manager (Former Employee), kansas cityAugust 16, 2014
Pros: you will learn a lot at this facility
Cons: being a minority you wont be allowed to grow and flourish.
loved this place but as a minority they did not let me grow you were kept in the lower positions not allowed to branch out and grow.
Friendly Coworkers
SSP Instrument Tech (Former Employee), N Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at NKC Hospital. Enjoyed the type of work. Much more I could have learned, I felt I was productive and dedicated to them, I wish management could have been a little more understanding. I was driving 100 miles --one way --to get there.
Depends on your manager/department
Secretary (Current Employee), North Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2014
Extremely rigid; fun isn't allowed; controlling; negativity; don't really display the missions and values
Good stability
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), North Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2014
Wonderful place to work, co-workers were friendly on most days but treated those "beneath" them with a lack of respect
North Kansas City Hospital Review
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2013
Pros: better pay
Cons: horrible odd hours schedueled
North Kansas City Hospital I worked there for six years and wasn't particularly fond of the fact that it took me 4 and a half years just to get a 48 hour position down in food service.As far as work environment goes it was so-so.The work atmosphere was like working with close knit family. Management was kind of iffy at times there only a select few – more... that I could trust or identify with.The pay was good because you got quarterly raises based on performance evaluations.Other than that I wouldn't mind coming back to North Kansas City Hospital but I'd prefer to work a different department not in food service. – less
Great place
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), KSSeptember 10, 2013
It was a nice place to work. I would recommend going there to work.
Execellent Benefits. Covered Parking.
Core Measure Data Analyst (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the work and my fellow employees
Cons: micro management.
MY typical day at work consisted of abstracting concurrent data. Then abstracting retrospective data. Continued placing data into the appropriate tables for reports for the Board and various committees.
Fun place and group to work with
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2013
I worked weekends, days and nights. We had students to train as well, which I really enjoyed teaching them. The hardest part was when the floors ordered multiple exams and the ER was busy at the same time.
Wonderful place with an awesome cardiopulmonary rehab team
Internship Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2013
I was welcomed here with open arms during my internship. I would love to one day be able to work here FT, the employees and patients were great to be around.
A great place to work!
Surgery Secretary (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: awesome food!
Cons: na
There is a definite feeling of pride when you are a part of the workforce. Good work/life balance and fun perks for employees.
I enjoyeed everyday working with my fellow employees, as well as the physicians
SECRETARY (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2013
There were 25 women all working together in the same clinic, and will all truly enjoyed working together, and even spending time together outside of work.
Great fist time CNA position
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2012
The employers really care about you as an employee and I really learned a lot for my first CNA job.
easy work
environmental services (Former Employee), MOSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: we got free lunch
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at the hopital would be that u have so many rooms to clean in a 8 hour period ..I learned alot as far as heath hazzards ..and osha ..the hardest part was picking up a sickness and the hours ...the most enjoyable part was it was laid back in the evening work ... was always waiting for a day shift ..
Changing continuously to compley with all reulatory bodies
Manager Pre-op, PACU, Lithotripsy (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2012
Administration helped implement Shared Governance and stood behind the staff great benefits PTO. Stronge values in patient safety, patient and employee satisfaction.satisfaction.