North Kansas City Hospital Employee Reviews

Facility management is terrible and needs to change.
Supervisor of Plant Services (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 28, 2017
The facility director creates stress and a terrible work environment. Their turn over speaks for itself. The VP allows for the mismanagement of the department.
Pros
pay and benafits
Cons
facility management is the worst in the region.
Left many years ago not a fair review
LPN Cardio (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 27, 2017
Great teamwork when I left many years ago. Have not been back so can not fairly rate this area or hospital. Has great equipment in the work area and helps others
short staffed most of the time
Registered Nurse i (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 8, 2017
Hospital short staffed house wide but continue to admit patients to even critically staffed units. Pressure on customer satisfaction with little to no perceived concern for employee satisfaction.
Good benefits
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2017
Fast paced, uses all my skills, great people to work with, sometimes frustrating when information is not shared between departments. Very good benefits, PTO, fitness center, daycare center, insurance, parking.
Pros
Good location, good benefits.
Cons
24/7 business.
Excellent Place to work and learn.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 1, 2017
I was treated very well while I worked there and had an excellent Manager and great teachers. They were very patient with me and took the time to train me properly.
Lack of support from HR regarding hostile work environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 27, 2017
Extremely hostile work environment, required to work overtime to complete departmental tasks (salaried employee) but management would leave after 6 hours regardless of staffing issues.
Pros
pay
Cons
work environment, management, Hr
Good local hospital
RN-Postpartum Unit and NICU float (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 26, 2017
Small hospital feel with a large hospital size. Loved walking down the hall and recognizing many faces, makes you feel like a valued employee not just another number
Busy, understaffed, and inconsiderate.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2017
This review is specifically to the radiology dept. I don't know much about the rest of the hospital and how management and staff operate. The radiology dept staff are mostly miserable and the management does not care about the employees or their lives outside of work.
Excellent staff
Labor & Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 23, 2017
This was a contract temp position. Very busy labor and delivery unit. Staff very welcoming and helpful, always ready to help or answer questions, when needed.
Cons
Difficult to find a hotel that could accomodate my sleeping during the day.
Work as a PRN Float RN
Telemetry, Step down ICU, Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 21, 2017
High pay with a heavy workload. I worked there as a PRN Float RN. Floated throughout the hospital. When the economy tanked in 2007-2008. Nursing school enrollment rose/ availability of new hire RN went up. The management made the decision to weed out some of the expensive float staff. They were strongly encouraging the supplemental staff to hire on full-time. I saw five of my peers get fired. So I quit. Obtained an exit interview statement eligible for rehire. A friend who had a contract as a travel nurse summer 2017 said at times she had to take 6 step-down patients. All ways 2 admissions or more a shift. Not the end of the world if you are experienced. They get more than their money's worth out of RN's.
fun
Supervisor Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2017
good job good people postive work place i plan on working there a really long time they are always nice and friendly. i would reconmend this job to anyone.
Love this hospital!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2017
Relaxed and nice, newer facilities. Always growing! There are a lot of opportunities for training and moving up or around the hospital to different areas!
You're kept on your toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2017
Overall I would recommend this place for employment and or healthcare. They have been there for me on both terms and it makes a person feel comfortable and confident in their choice!
great place to gain experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2017
The education staff here is great. Allow you to learn in a positive and fun atmosphere. The nurses are a great team that provide you with the tools you need to grow and learn as a professional member of the hospital staff.
Productive work enviroment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2017
I love working for North Kansas City Hospital. The employees are great and for the most part are always willing to help each other out. They have AMAZING team work on the 11th floor.
Pros
Pay is great.
Cons
Too many meeting
it is a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2017
very good, hard working nurses and doctors. I have been enjoyed working there for more than ten years. They have good benefits and friendly atmosphere working place.
Great Hospital to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2017
I love working at North Kansas City Hospital. But there seems to never be enough staff. You are often overworked and not always appreciated. I love coming into work with some of the best co-workers. They do offer bonuses often to help with staffing. As with any job it has its good and bad side.
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2017
NKCH is a good place to work. I have worked here for 10 years as a registered nurse and they treat their employees very well. The atmosphere is positive and everyone treats you with respect.
Good work, bad staffing and management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2017
The job is the same as any other nursing job. Issues occur when you go to other floors than a home floor, seems a lot of nurses/techs look down on others.
Management and HR are very hard to help you with any problems with other employees or management.
do not work acute rehab
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 22, 2017
I started my first CNA job here and it was nice at first. My complaint is all about the political aspets of working in the hospital and i left due to bad management