North Kansas City Hospital Employee Reviews

Quality patient care, great place for RNs to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 28, 2016
Excellent benefits, lazy RNs in all areas worked, ER, ICU, Telemetry. Manager of ER showed favoritism to RNs who worked day shift and those who buddied up to her and told filthy jokes, went out drinking with her, etc.
Fast paced environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 24, 2017
This was a true test of dependability. In a hospital you can go from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds. You need to make sure that you are on top of things and know how to prioritize. Organization skills come into play and your care for the patients play a big role in your job.
Pros
Healthcare environment
Cons
exhausting
Nurses could be more appreciated
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2016
Great potential, but not focused on the most important matters. Nurses were often over worked and short staffed. Nurses did not received the respect they deserve.
North Kansas City Hospital Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2013
North Kansas City Hospital I worked there for six years and wasn't particularly fond of the fact that it took me 4 and a half years just to get a 48 hour position down in food service.As far as work environment goes it was so-so.The work atmosphere was like working with close knit family. Management was kind of iffy at times there only a select few that I could trust or identify with.The pay was good because you got quarterly raises based on performance evaluations.Other than that I wouldn't mind coming back to North Kansas City Hospital but I'd prefer to work a different department not in food service.
Pros
Better Pay
Cons
horrible odd hours schedueled
A great workplace and gained valuable skills and education
Currently practicing as an RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 15, 2016
North Kansas City Hospital gave me a chance as a new grad, fresh out of school. It's always hard to find work when you have little to no experience and I am forever thankful for them taking a chance on me. I gained valuable education and nursing skills that I can take forward in my career. I am currently relocating to Denver, CO, otherwise I would continue my career at North Kansas City Hospital because it is a great environment to work. I will never forget what they have done for me! :)
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2016
Good place to work. Flexible work environment. Easy to move around internally once hired on to the hospital. Would recommend
Great atmosphere
Room Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day at work is very satisfying knowing that you are helping the patients get well and making a difference. I have learn a bunch from NKCH I have grown up there and I have learned many skills and values from the hospital. The management is very professional. My co-workers are a joy to work with and I have made many friends there. The hardest part of my job is communication. Just in our department alone there is about 6-7 different areas that we have to keep everyone informed and sometimes that can be a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference and helping people. This hospital has a great atmosphere and the workers there are always smiling and professional.
Pros
atmosphere, co-workers, making difference
Cons
strict management, no free food, communication
Just a paycheck
Worker (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2015
It is a clique enviroment. Favoritism runs rampent. The policies are written vague to benefit management. Everything is for good PR. The turn over rate is becoming a problem. Lack of training or what the consider training is a joke. Alot of hostile people, becoming a culture of fear. Celebrate laziness and lying. Subcontracting out work to almost every department. It will become that the doctors and nurses will be subcontracted.
Pros
Paycheck.
Cons
Where to begin. Perks being taken away, no discipline to people that deserve it but discipline to those who work, celebrate laziness and lying
environmental services (Former Employee), MO - May, 2015
environmental services (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City HospitalJune 2, 2015
My typical day at the job was setting up to clean dismisses all though out the hospital, basically where they need me. I did not know that I sign up for this until I started to work on my own on the second shift of week 2 out of training. I worked on the Mother/Baby unit of the hospital at times. There I took down newborn baby beds, clean them and put back together again. I complained of the chemical that they use to clean the newborn beds with, that the chemical, no matter how many gloves I use ate right through the gloves burning my hands, and when I complained, the Managers and Supervisors did not care. Till this day I have a scar from it, put the chemical made my hands stiff to the point I cannot bend my hands. I complained again, everyone act like they did not care at all. I simply got tired of the whole thing because it seems that they where short staff, because I only got one break, and that was lunch. I also feel that everyone should get two-15 minutes and 1-30 minutes lunch break, that means that in this department it should not be short staff at all.

I decided to depart with this company, one, because I feel it was not safe for me to work around chemicals, I needed protective gloves to use with it and second no breaks at all, An Three, Human Resources did not tell me that I will be doing dismisses through-out the building, so basically you really need to be fit to do this job, because you will doing a lot of walking pulling a cart, cleaning rooms
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hardly No Breaks At All
Changing continuously to compley with all reulatory bodies
Manager Pre-op, PACU, Lithotripsy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2012
Administration helped implement Shared Governance and stood behind the staff great benefits PTO. Stronge values in patient safety, patient and employee satisfaction.satisfaction.
It used to be a great place to work
Missouri State Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 7, 2015
I worked healthcare agency, and was very impressed with North Kansas City Hospital. I applied to work there full time and was extremely satisfied with my job.

Then they got new management. The incomming managers had the audacity to think that they were smarter than 2000 employees, most of whom had either and Associates, Bachelors, Masters or PHd degree. The staff were blamed for their unhappiness, and we were told that this was the best employeer in the city.

As soon as I had my vesting (7 years) I left. I had patients that would stop me in the hall and tell me that they had been a patient in this hospital 3 years previously and "What happened to the staff? It seems that everyone hates it here now."

In the end, most of us were just there for a paycheck because no matter how hard you worked, or what good you did, you could not get ahead.
Pros
A consistent paycheck
Cons
Management that was isolated from reality of day to day attitudes.
team work
PER-CERTIFICATION-INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2016
working with case management and insurance companies kept you very best and this was a fast pace job and with all of this management work would have lunch sent in and say thanks for all of our hard work
Pros
thanks for our hard work
Productive, great staff
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  KSDecember 16, 2015
Great place to work for opportunity and advancement. Night shift staff on my floor was very helpful and I enjoyed working there. Hospital offers many education opportunities as well as ways to give back to the community.
bad manager
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2016
management was very hard to communicate with.
never return emails or phone calls

always short staffed due to the very high turnover
Good place bad management
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2015
I worked at North Kansas City Hospital for almost 3 years in food service. The hospital itself is a wonderful place to work. At one point there was a time I enjoyed going to work I would always get recognized by my managers of my good work. While I was pregnant my managers lost respect for me. I would always get declined for full time. I even told one of my managers I was going to college and they didn't support the idea. I would work there again but definitely not the food service department. It really is a great hospital and you'll meet great people.
Pros
good food, nice people
Cons
the management
Co-Workers
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 14, 2015
Great group of people in the department who care about the work they do and the organization. Management could be more supportive.
my day at the job
OR Central Service Technician (Current Employee) –  nkc mo 64161October 27, 2015
I pull cases for the next day surgery's and for the same day if we get an Stat add on. I put out stock and put away credits. take phone calls from the OR rooms and take what then need to them.
Good Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  KSOctober 30, 2015
Coworkers hard hardworking and exceed in teamwork and patient care. Administration are compassionate and do there best to provide safe environments for patients and staff.
Learning New Things Every Day
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Kansas CityJuly 16, 2015
A typical day was always very busy. I cleaned the outpatient area so patients had their surgery done and went home at the end of the day some had to stay overnight. I had a big turn around of rooms so I had to move fast. Enjoyable part meeting the patients and making sure they had everything they needed in their room.
Pros
learning the ways of a hospital
Cons
i liked the people i worked with
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
the typical day at worked was non stop and physically demanding.
frequently would float staff off floor to help staff other parts of the hospital . patient care techs would often need help because they have more patients than they can handle. I liked working with coworkers.
Pros
free bbq and free holiday meal
Cons
short breaks, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Kansas City Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

North Kansas City Hospital Reviews by Location