North Kansas City Hospital

North Kansas City Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place bad management
Room Service Associate (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2015
Pros: good food, nice people
Cons: the management
I worked at North Kansas City Hospital for almost 3 years in food service. The hospital itself is a wonderful place to work. At one point there was a time I enjoyed going to work I would always get recognized by my managers of my good work. While I was pregnant my managers lost respect for me. I would always get declined for full time. I even told one of my managers I was going to college and they didn't support the idea. I would work there again but definitely not the food service department. It really is a great hospital and you'll meet great people.
i liked the people i worked with
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free bbq and free holiday meal
Cons: short breaks, short staffed
the typical day at worked was non stop and physically demanding.
frequently would float staff off floor to help staff other parts of the hospital . patient care techs would often need help because they have more patients than they can handle. I liked working with coworkers.
work hard
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay for lunch
Cons: normal breaks
always on the go
you can't trust people
managers turn backs on you
Great pay for experience and friendly co workers!
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), North Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2014
Pros: meeting many types of people. made lots of friends.
Cons: at times short staffed and high work volumes
High volume, super fast paced environment. Sometimes short staffed.
i would recoment
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: having 30 minites for lunch with out interuption
Cons: not being able to express myself.
the hardest part of the job was not being able to be in several places at once. my co-workers were wonderful. The most enjoyable was working with the patients and family.
great place for a new grad to start out
supervisor, Pat Dixon Nurse Manager (Former Employee), kansas cityAugust 16, 2014
Pros: you will learn a lot at this facility
Cons: being a minority you wont be allowed to grow and flourish.
loved this place but as a minority they did not let me grow you were kept in the lower positions not allowed to branch out and grow.
Friendly Coworkers
SSP Instrument Tech (Former Employee), N Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at NKC Hospital. Enjoyed the type of work. Much more I could have learned, I felt I was productive and dedicated to them, I wish management could have been a little more understanding. I was driving 100 miles --one way --to get there.
Depends on your manager/department
Secretary (Current Employee), North Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2014
Extremely rigid; fun isn't allowed; controlling; negativity; don't really display the missions and values
Good stability
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), North Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2014
Wonderful place to work, co-workers were friendly on most days but treated those "beneath" them with a lack of respect
North Kansas City Hospital Review
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2013
Pros: better pay
Cons: horrible odd hours schedueled
North Kansas City Hospital I worked there for six years and wasn't particularly fond of the fact that it took me 4 and a half years just to get a 48 hour position down in food service.As far as work environment goes it was so-so.The work atmosphere was like working with close knit family. Management was kind of iffy at times there only a select few that I could trust or identify with.The pay was good because you got quarterly raises based on performance evaluations.Other than that I wouldn't mind coming back to North Kansas City Hospital but I'd prefer to work a different department not in food service.
Great place
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), KSSeptember 10, 2013
It was a nice place to work. I would recommend going there to work.
Execellent Benefits. Covered Parking.
Core Measure Data Analyst (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the work and my fellow employees
Cons: micro management.
MY typical day at work consisted of abstracting concurrent data. Then abstracting retrospective data. Continued placing data into the appropriate tables for reports for the Board and various committees.
Fun place and group to work with
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2013
I worked weekends, days and nights. We had students to train as well, which I really enjoyed teaching them. The hardest part was when the floors ordered multiple exams and the ER was busy at the same time.
Wonderful place with an awesome cardiopulmonary rehab team
Internship Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2013
I was welcomed here with open arms during my internship. I would love to one day be able to work here FT, the employees and patients were great to be around.
A great place to work!
Surgery Secretary (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: awesome food!
Cons: na
There is a definite feeling of pride when you are a part of the workforce. Good work/life balance and fun perks for employees.
I enjoyeed everyday working with my fellow employees, as well as the physicians
SECRETARY (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2013
There were 25 women all working together in the same clinic, and will all truly enjoyed working together, and even spending time together outside of work.
Great fist time CNA position
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), North Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2012
The employers really care about you as an employee and I really learned a lot for my first CNA job.
easy work
environmental services (Former Employee), MOSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: we got free lunch
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at the hopital would be that u have so many rooms to clean in a 8 hour period ..I learned alot as far as heath hazzards ..and osha ..the hardest part was picking up a sickness and the hours ...the most enjoyable part was it was laid back in the evening work ... was always waiting for a day shift ..
Changing continuously to compley with all reulatory bodies
Manager Pre-op, PACU, Lithotripsy (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2012
Administration helped implement Shared Governance and stood behind the staff great benefits PTO. Stronge values in patient safety, patient and employee satisfaction.satisfaction.