North Memorial Health Care Employee Reviews

Fast paced healthcare
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 1, 2016
Exciting fast paced place to work. CEO is changing the values and mission statement for the better. After years or turmoil things are settling down.
Productive workplace and pleasant staff and management team
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 2, 2016
I worked the 3 pm - 11:30 pm shift, the morning/day shift and the graveyard shift at times.

I enjoyed working here very much.

I resigned for maternity otherwise I would most likely still be working here.

My goal was and still is to be a MRI Technologist.

I cannot wait until I can do that and perform the best scans as I possibly can for the Radiologists to read and determine what is going on with the patients, and to ultimately fix what is going on with them or improve and do whatever it is that they can to help.

I want to help people. It makes me feel good and gives me a great sense of purpose.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, helping people.
Cons
Sometimes the Fuji CR equipment would malfunction but we got it fixed quickly.
Nice place to work if people mind their own business
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2015
Too much discrimination from managers and they show it. a lot of micro managing and no employee care. they don't like African American
Pros
Cons
too much micro managing
A friendly place to work.
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNSeptember 19, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. The co-workers are great to work with and are very helpful. Management has recently changed over. There are many changes happening.
Provided excellent services in our community
LPN (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNSeptember 7, 2015
Skilled visits, 6-7 daily, using laptop for EMR documentation, Travel of 20-75 miles daily. Unfortunately our agency is closing. I would have stayed with North Memorial if they had remained open.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of communication from Management
Work profile
HRIS BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 11, 2015
It was a great experience working for this company. Lack of financial means to support robust IT development but make up for free medical check up and great healthcare discount.
Pros
Free medical check up
Cons
Lack of pay competitive within market value
Hardest part of job
RN Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 21, 2014
The hardest part of the job I do is working in Quality and Process improvement. This is because it is a new part of the job. It has always been about working with the patient and performing duties to make the patient experience exceptional. Now the new part of the job is writing the duties that follow the measurements to give quality patient care and implementing them. It is hard to change up gears but in the end it is worth it.
Pros
Learning new dimensions of job
Turn and burn- not a long-term place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Management is constantly changing, goals inconsistent. Job description is a joke, every layer of management needs to approve the smallest project- and every one of them think they know everything about marketing. This position is posted every 6 months because they constantly are cutting the department. If you take the job- you won't be there long.
Pros
You get to work with doctors with huge egos
Cons
everything.
Process opportunity abounds
IT Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 19, 2014
Being a small IT shop, providing top notch IT solutions to the organization and it's affiliates provides the opportunity to suggest new processes to further grow the organization as a whole.
Pros
Technology growth opportunities
North Memorial Health Care
WORD PROCESSING SECRETARY/MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for North Memorial, both in-house and as a home transcriptionist. Unfortunately, I was part of a reduction in force of medical transcriptionists when they went to EditScript.
Pros
Coworkers and management were great.
Always remodeling
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 13, 2013
Good place to work.
My voice is on many of the announcements and prompts
Nice and compassionate people work there.
Union & non-union working environment made things interesting at times.
Great benefits, work place flexibility, changing leadership
Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2012
I loved working at North Memorial and was able to learn so much in a short period of time. I had very good working relationships with my team members and had several amazing bosses. The hardest part of my job was having so many leadership changes in such a short period of time. I reported to 6 different people within a 12 month period. The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility of my position, working with providers, and the values of the organization.
Pros
workplace flexibility and benefits
Cons
leadership changes
An environment that nurtured learning and achievement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2012
North Memorial demonstrated commitment to the community through its' many outreach program, commitment to employees through the training and advancement opportunities as well as pay, benefits and positive work environment, and commitment to quality through use of advanced technology and science. In the years I worked there the organization was slow to adopt new computer technology. The most significant comment I can make about North Memorial is that, at least during my tenure, I was confident that the organization strove for high ethical standards at all times.
Pros
opportunity to learn and advance. true community focus.
Cons
nepotism left over from the past. slow adopter of computer technology.