North Memorial Health Care Employee Reviews

Healthcare Industry
Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 17, 2017
Constantly changing environment. This was a fast paced environment to work in. People were great to work with and very knowledgeable. They provide exceptional healthcare.
Overall Awesome Place to Work
IT Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNFebruary 18, 2017
Awesome place to work that encourages learning and advancement through education. This is a place that provides entry level and encourages advancement through different departments as your expertise grows and overall provides a positive culture and always wants you to shine through what you can bring to the business.
Great Employees, Awful Management
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Horrible Management and they do not care about their employees. They have a lot of great and friendly staff, but a lot of poor decisions are being made in terms of patient care, and they are always looking to save money, and cut out anything they don't absolutely need to replace. Their big change from treating their patients as actual patients has changed. Now they don't consider you a patient you are now a customer.. The upper management doesn't care about you they only care about fattening their wallets.
Physical Therapy Student Intern
Physical Therapy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Experience in treatment and care of patients in the acute care setting including inpatient, outpatient, intensive care unit, and long-term rehab.
overworked and horrible pay
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 10, 2017
workloads are 2x those of any Metro Hospital. Pay scale is the worst in the metro area and management could care less. Work loads are boarding on unsafe practice , and management says just do the minimum to just get by. The Core staff are a big group of Bullies and management is very aware of it. If you like back stabbing , low pay and management that does care... This is the job for you.
Pros
experience
Cons
Pay, Workload, co-workers. Healthcare, Management
Poor Managment
MCS / Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 7, 2017
Typical day staying glued to your seat taking incoming calls for several clinics with not enough staff to assist while being mirco managed. Lots of Turnovers along with management never updated you on anything until day of an event. Dont value Employees Only concern is phones.
Pros
Good peers and Location
Cons
Short Staff, Very Poor Management, No incentives, No Personal area, Bad Lunch room
Fast paced healthcare
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 1, 2016
Exciting fast paced place to work. CEO is changing the values and mission statement for the better. After years or turmoil things are settling down.
Productive workplace and pleasant staff and management team
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 2, 2016
I worked the 3 pm - 11:30 pm shift, the morning/day shift and the graveyard shift at times.

I enjoyed working here very much.

I resigned for maternity otherwise I would most likely still be working here.

My goal was and still is to be a MRI Technologist.

I cannot wait until I can do that and perform the best scans as I possibly can for the Radiologists to read and determine what is going on with the patients, and to ultimately fix what is going on with them or improve and do whatever it is that they can to help.

I want to help people. It makes me feel good and gives me a great sense of purpose.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, helping people.
Cons
Sometimes the Fuji CR equipment would malfunction but we got it fixed quickly.
A friendly place to work.
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNSeptember 19, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. The co-workers are great to work with and are very helpful. Management has recently changed over. There are many changes happening.
Provided excellent services in our community
LPN (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNSeptember 7, 2015
Skilled visits, 6-7 daily, using laptop for EMR documentation, Travel of 20-75 miles daily. Unfortunately our agency is closing. I would have stayed with North Memorial if they had remained open.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of communication from Management
Work profile
HRIS BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMarch 11, 2015
It was a great experience working for this company. Lack of financial means to support robust IT development but make up for free medical check up and great healthcare discount.
Pros
Free medical check up
Cons
Lack of pay competitive within market value
Hardest part of job
RN Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 21, 2014
The hardest part of the job I do is working in Quality and Process improvement. This is because it is a new part of the job. It has always been about working with the patient and performing duties to make the patient experience exceptional. Now the new part of the job is writing the duties that follow the measurements to give quality patient care and implementing them. It is hard to change up gears but in the end it is worth it.
Pros
Learning new dimensions of job
Turn and burn- not a long-term place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Management is constantly changing, goals inconsistent. Job description is a joke, every layer of management needs to approve the smallest project- and every one of them think they know everything about marketing. This position is posted every 6 months because they constantly are cutting the department. If you take the job- you won't be there long.
Pros
You get to work with doctors with huge egos
Cons
everything.
Process opportunity abounds
IT Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 19, 2014
Being a small IT shop, providing top notch IT solutions to the organization and it's affiliates provides the opportunity to suggest new processes to further grow the organization as a whole.
Pros
Technology growth opportunities
North Memorial Health Care
WORD PROCESSING SECRETARY/MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for North Memorial, both in-house and as a home transcriptionist. Unfortunately, I was part of a reduction in force of medical transcriptionists when they went to EditScript.
Pros
Coworkers and management were great.
Always remodeling
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 13, 2013
Good place to work.
My voice is on many of the announcements and prompts
Nice and compassionate people work there.
Union & non-union working environment made things interesting at times.
Great benefits, work place flexibility, changing leadership
Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2012
I loved working at North Memorial and was able to learn so much in a short period of time. I had very good working relationships with my team members and had several amazing bosses. The hardest part of my job was having so many leadership changes in such a short period of time. I reported to 6 different people within a 12 month period. The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility of my position, working with providers, and the values of the organization.
Pros
workplace flexibility and benefits
Cons
leadership changes
Wonderful work experience and great team to work with
Human Resources Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNMay 29, 2012
People were fun, helpful and I loved my job. Open door policy for employees in HR and I love people.
Pros
working together as a team and friends
Cons
layoffs started and so did the tension.