North Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNDecember 15, 2016
Productive and nice place to work. Provides excellent environment for employee growth.

I enjoyed focusing on our customer and provided excellent customer service.

Worked on large projects to improve customer experience
Pros
Great place to work-provides excellent services to customers
Cons
large campus long outside walks to meetings
Great place to work!
HR (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNNovember 3, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work. I worked within a few different departments, and can say hands down that there are some amazing leaders. The company tries to do it's best and promote employee and leadership success.

Co-workers were wonderful! I enjoyed the ERC and all the things they did for employees, different events and discounted tickets.
Pros
Great environment and atmosphere
Cons
None!
Constant struggle between management and workers
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNOctober 20, 2016
If you value family, friends and a healthy life, apply elsewhere. This place will slowly kill you. The new dispatch manager is completely incompetent. He has never dispatched a day in his life but will be quick to point out mistakes. He is unreasonable and has no respect for any of his staff. This center is busy and often understaffed as the manager will call out several people for meetings leaving you to pick up their work.
You will start off as a float and will be placed all over on different shift. You will only know your schedule two weeks in advance, so good luck planning anything in your life. You might be lucky to get some normal shifts after 10+ years.
You will work with a CAD system that is so outdated that North dispatch has become the embarrassment of the EMS world. I am so glad I got out of here before this place destroyed my marriage.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, equipment, schedule
Its an easy job
Medical Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNSeptember 17, 2016
Good company to work for but high burn out right as we are often understaffed. Management shows appreciation but at times employees take advantage of that.
Pros
Good management
Cons
High burn out
IT Intern
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 24, 2016
I have been an Intern here for 8 months and the promise of opportunity has been over shadowed by clicks. If you aren't sucking up too somebody or someone's friend then do not look for career advancement. A lot of hard work can go unnoticed.
Pros
Environment, alot of nice people
Cons
Management is not very good
resigned due to culture
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJuly 17, 2016
I was driven to resign with false accusations which lead to extensive career consequences. Management and doctors are detached from the team culture and don't appear to have a vested interest in their patients. I had over 12 years of nursing experience that was not validated or valued by training staff. Whenever there was an issue with my training, "my staff trainer was quick to throw my under the bus" for fear of here own retribution or punishment.
Could be much much better
EMT (Current Employee) –  AmbulanceMarch 31, 2016
North is very much a great starter company, but management from the bottom all the way to the top is terrible. Working in there EMS side, getting micro managed almost down to getting told when I could and couldn't breathe. Pay isn't bad, but the way my area operates paid hours is terrible and doesn't make sense. I know I'm not alone when I say that I've walked into work and gotten told that if I disagreed with something to find another job because people are "lining up outside the door" for my job... Well with culture like that, I think they're going to realize soon that people aren't lining up outside the door, we're lining up on the inside looking for different opportunities. The North that I know and that I work for is definitely different than the North that I thought it would be, and I find that terribly unfortunate.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hostile management, micromanagement
once company finds a week spot they micro manage everything YOU do but doesn't matter if others are doing it as well. ie cell phone usage.
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 27, 2016
Poor management that have a hard time getting the business together in the business office. The peers you work with are all back stabbers and will tell supervisors what is not true and can be snarky.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Starter place
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Walker, MNJanuary 16, 2016
A great place to learn your in's and out's of EMS. They used to have great learning opportunities, but since the management became what it is, it's "just" a place to work for the meantime. They treat their employees like dogs and management as if on a hire pedestal. They allow their management to walk all over their employees to no end, they hire management that has ego's so big that they aren't able to get through the doors and allow the management of the ambulance bases to go to no end to make you feel as if your the most worthless human on the face of the planet with no hopes of ever amounting to anything.
Pros
$$ for the meantime
Cons
Feel worthless when your done
Not Ready for Change
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Vision is that of change, though there are barriers of the "good old boys" with emotional, pride and ego ties that do not make wise cultural and business changes for the benefit of the facility as a whole. Revolving door of value added individual leaders, is a high price to pay. Know your house North, from the top down. The frontline staff are the gold in the pot, don't loose your wealth.
Pros
Great patient population, hardworking and dedicated front line staff
Cons
Fear based, lack of processes, lack of management retainment
Pay is Great, Benifits are Okay, Mgmt Needs Overhaul
Billing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2014
That basically narrows it down. They pay well, You have to wait 6 months for dental (not) sure about the nurses -I was in billing office).
Management needs to get their acts together, I think. If you're in small groups, they tend to clique but hey, that's everywhere, right?
Only problem; mgmt was part of "the clique"
Pros
Pay/Hours
Scheduler/Templator (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNApril 25, 2013
I have been working for North Memorial for over 14 years. Great place to work!
Great Learning
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 10, 2013
I have learned a lot about billing here, I have also learned a new system EPIC on top of using our legacy system to finish older billing. I like my job because I am able to take the burden of all the medical billing issues off the patients while their family memeber is on hospice. The hardest part of my job is when I have to talk with patients' and their families when there is an issue that needs to be taken care of by them as I am not able to. My typical work day is coming in and going through all of the billing and seeing if we recieved payment and taking care of issues that need to be resolved.
Pros
paid time off accural
Cons
the way that the benefits are set up and the drive time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Memorial Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8