North Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

Starter place
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Walker, MNJanuary 16, 2016
A great place to learn your in's and out's of EMS. They used to have great learning opportunities, but since the management became what it is, it's "just" a place to work for the meantime. They treat their employees like dogs and management as if on a hire pedestal. They allow their management to walk all over their employees to no end, they hire management that has ego's so big that they aren't able to get through the doors and allow the management of the ambulance bases to go to no end to make you feel as if your the most worthless human on the face of the planet with no hopes of ever amounting to anything.
Pros
$$ for the meantime
Cons
Feel worthless when your done
Not Ready for Change
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Vision is that of change, though there are barriers of the "good old boys" with emotional, pride and ego ties that do not make wise cultural and business changes for the benefit of the facility as a whole. Revolving door of value added individual leaders, is a high price to pay. Know your house North, from the top down. The frontline staff are the gold in the pot, don't loose your wealth.
Pros
Great patient population, hardworking and dedicated front line staff
Cons
Fear based, lack of processes, lack of management retainment
Pay is Great, Benifits are Okay, Mgmt Needs Overhaul
Billing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2014
That basically narrows it down. They pay well, You have to wait 6 months for dental (not) sure about the nurses -I was in billing office).
Management needs to get their acts together, I think. If you're in small groups, they tend to clique but hey, that's everywhere, right?
Only problem; mgmt was part of "the clique"
Pros
pay/hours
Cons
culture
Scheduler/Templator (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNApril 25, 2013
I have been working for North Memorial for over 14 years. Great place to work!
Great Learning
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 10, 2013
I have learned a lot about billing here, I have also learned a new system EPIC on top of using our legacy system to finish older billing. I like my job because I am able to take the burden of all the medical billing issues off the patients while their family memeber is on hospice. The hardest part of my job is when I have to talk with patients' and their families when there is an issue that needs to be taken care of by them as I am not able to. My typical work day is coming in and going through all of the billing and seeing if we recieved payment and taking care of issues that need to be resolved.
Pros
paid time off accural
Cons
the way that the benefits are set up and the drive time

2.8