North MS Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive
Environmental Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work great place to work and good team members. Great place to work and good people surrounding you. This is were I began my journey. Great !
Very fast paced and high demand work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 15, 2015
Very fast paced and high demand workplace which focuses on quality work. Very diverse workplace.
I worked in the clinics outside of the hospital setting. To few employees for the work load.
No opportunity for advancement unless you have contacts in upper level management.
Several CEOs have come and gone in the time that I worked there.
To many changes to quickly which added more stress in the work place.
Bonus goal is un reachable in most instances.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Productive job that allows you to learn and go further with your education
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day at work was giving breathing treatments and managing ventilators with several chances to intubate and help in critical situations. I learned so much about how the body functions and how to handle difficult situations. Being able to see what an underly problem was and how to deal with it was the best experience I could have ever obtained. Working along side nurses and other therapists was great. I learned a lot from them and appreciated all they have taught me in the past. The hardest part of the job was seeing a patient not make it through or having to withdraw a patient from ventilation. But overall I loved my job and looked forward to going to work. I felt like I really contributed to the good of others and their families
Home Health
RN  (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 3, 2013
Corrupt middle management, no advancement potential unless you are a friend to them. It is not about patient care, ALL about MONEY. Management will require you to falsely document but will not stand behind you when they are caught. You will be their scapegoat and will work from sunrise until 11pm charting and only receive pay for 8 hours. If you take off for a Dr. appt they will dock your pay even if you are salaried employee. Unrealistic demands and case load. Do not go to work for Home Health. The hospital is not so bad but if you transfer to Home Health to can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.
Pros
It will prepare you for a better job elsewhere
Cons
The entire home health department
Money above pt safety
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 12, 2013
The nurses salaries start very low. I had been a nurse for 6 years when I started there and recieved one dollar more than I had gotten as a new grad in a different hospital. The CMO and CEO refused to hire a Pediatric ER MD because it cost too much money, even after they sent my newborn home nearly dead (that was almost 4 years ago and they have still not hired anyone). A majority of the RNs only have an Associates degree, which isn't terrible but isn't what I am used to.
Pros
The only hospital in Tupelo
Cons
Quality of care is not great
there were great people to work ...example if you have computer problem you could alway find help.
system analyst (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 12, 2013
i went to work login to my computer and slove p/r plroblems and if there were a situation i could not handle i always had clear commication to my manger.
Pros
clear channels to all computer people in my group
Cons
all were good
Very stressful environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Tupelo,msNovember 15, 2012
After 20y assoc with the Medical Center as a bedside nurse. I can say most bedside nurses are not happy with their Job. Their are over 1200 nurses in North Miss completing for the same couple of job advancements. The hospital has a Monopoly here with no other lg. hospital competition within a hundred mile radius They are able to keep pay rates average and not offer other incentives. Such as weekend pay and holiday pay, nor do they offer self scheduling which are offered at all the Memphis hospitals. The nurse to patient ratios are high and nurses are very stretched and often running in different directions for their entire shifts. Majority of the nurses do complain about patient loads being high , but administration turns a deaf ear. Nurses stay for insurance, benefits, and co worker friendships, Job satisfaction rates run med to low for bedside nurses. That said the majority of the long term nursing staff is excellent, experienced and well trained. All staff are willing to jump in and work together in Code situations even if it puts them behind on their own workload. The patients life does come first....
Pros
free health insurance for employee
Cons
long hours. high pt loads, short staffed
Psychiatric and intermediate care
RN (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 6, 2012
Psychiatric nursing is totally different than when I first started. We treat all illnesses now along with mental illness, drug abuse etc. I work 12 hour shifts and violence is a given almost daily. Manangement is very difficult because there are to many managers. Co- workers for the most part work together wonderfully unless they come from a unit they are not unfamiliar with or just hate to work and this is the hardest part of the job along with patients telling lies because they are manipulative and will do what ever they can to do what they can to get one in trouble if they don't get what they want. the best part of this job are the main people I work with. We love each other.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Life on three south
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 27, 2012
Tean nursing sometimes having to take as many as 12 patients. Never having time to do what I felt needed to be done. Admissions and discharges sometimes to the point where you could chart on 18 or more patients a day. Took all vasoactive medications with barely enough itme to titrate properly. Not a safe environment for nurse or patient. Management did not respect staff. The only good thing was the doctors were great
Pros
great doctors
Cons
most everyting
Wellness center and paid time off/personal and vacation
EMERGENCY ROOM TECHNICIAN/ABMASSADOR (Former Employee) –  TUPELO, MS 28801February 18, 2012
North ms medical center is a wonderful place to work. They are dedicated to providing excellent service for the patients and families. The employees are well taken care of with benefits and extra bonuses of income. We had additional educational seminars to attend to help with the care of the patients. North ms medical center was a positive working environment for me.
Pros
paid health benefits with educational benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North MS Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North MS Medical Center Reviews by Location