North Oaks Health System Employee Reviews

Daily Summary
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 23, 2013
A typical day in my current role as Managed Care Coordinator is never the same. Depending on the time of the month it could range from completing month end journal entries and financial reporting to negotiating and completing a language review in a pending contract with one of many managed care companies. I work along side the Director of Revenue Management, Licensing/Credentialing Coordinator and the Managed Charge Auditor. The hardest part of my job is managing the stressful time crunch to complete and close out financials by the 5th day of each month due to the extensive amount of information required to review and correct for accuracy. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I do the best I can each day and the fulfillment it gives me to know the valuable role that I play in extremely important financial decisions for a very large and expansive health system.
Pros
close access to health providers and services
Cons
long commute
The best part of my job is people I work with. They all bring something different to the table.
ECG Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 14, 2015
I noticed at night, my coworkers are much more supportive and caring. We all have a good relationship. We work together because we are understaffed at nights. But I have noticed this in every department at night. But we pull together since we don't even have time or people to relieve us for lunch. Even though some night we are extremely busy and can be stressful especially when there are a lot of admits and alarm fatigue, we make sure we watch each's back.
Pros
Good co-workers especially at night, the pay without benefits
Cons
Very rarely get a lunch, understaffed, management, pay with benefits
Learning Experience
Surgery Unit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 14, 2015
While at North Oaks, I learned all about a Hospital works, I dealt with patients, and patients families. The hardest part of my job was when you had a CODE, a Dr. on the phone, The patient line is ringing, and you need to order a test ASAP. My management and co-workers did an amazing job tutoring me. They were all there every step of the was if I needed them. The best advice I received was from a co-worker who told me to not over think what the Doctor may be ordering. Just type what they had requested. You learned the all hip patients automatically received a sign stating fall risk.
Pros
great co-workers
Worst place in the world to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hammond,laSeptember 16, 2015
Run don't walk away from these people.
They are horrible people. Fired me in 24 days of 90 day probation. Because I exposed them breaking every rule in the book. They break hippa rules left and right. They also mess with your time card. On Friday they will make you punch out early even though you are full time.
Absolutely Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 11, 2015
The management is so scared of losing their positions that they railroad employees constantly. Horrible horrible.. Wish I'd never worked there. I would give it negative stars if I could.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
avoid at all cost
security (Current Employee) –  hammond, laFebruary 3, 2014
Management will do whatever is necessary to keep their pay and position while stepping on you. If you are an suck up and enjoy stabbing your fellow worker In the back this is the place for you.
Pros
punching out
Cons
punching in
Great Place to Learn about Healthcare
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 21, 2012
Happy to be employed with such a great hospital but wish my pay would be better.
Pros
atmosphere, the people, and the experience
Cons
pay, w/in hr little room for advancement
fun workplace, and challenging.
Outpatient Lab Data Assist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 18, 2014
challenging and learning something new everyday I was there. Meeting new people was the most interesting part of the position.
Family atmosphere
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 13, 2013
Great place to work. I enjoyed the professionalism and the opportunity for advancement
Pros
many morale building practices
Excellent Work Place
Tier 3 Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 12, 2013
Extensive work area of learning great knowledge and advancement
Pros
awesomeness