North Oaks Health System Employee Reviews

My physician is awesome but the benefits are terrible
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 20, 2017
Pressure you about not getting overtime but yet expect you to work by yourself. Won't increase pay based on hard work and patient satisfaction only increase based on experience and yearly raise.
Pros
Doctor and patients are great
Cons
Stressful environment and added responsibilities constantly but no increase in pay
Enjoyed Supervising staff
Financial Assistance Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 9, 2017
My position consisted on supervising 25-30 members of staff on a daily basis. I learned that supervising came with many different challenges. My upper management was my director and I learned many things from her.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Too many to mention
Not a great place to work!
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 17, 2017
Provides adequate care to the patient population; however, the organization does not seek to allow staff to put the needs of their own family first. Hospital has been updated.
Pros
Parking availability
Cons
Staff culture
Its an ok place to wrk for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 31, 2017
Supervisor is awesome, some great team players,sometimes things get rough the pay its not worth doing all da stuff we have to do, house keepers,Secretarys all get paid da same I never understood that ,some shifts there is not enough staff,we lose staff everyday because of this
Small but growing hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 26, 2017
North Oaks feels like a small hospital because you can get to know everyone but at the same time it is growing and keeping up with the changes in healthcare.
X-ray/CT Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Student (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 22, 2017
Quality people with whom I'm very glad I had the opportunity to work with. Can have a tendency to reach a hectic work pace. Under staffing can sometimes be an issue.
fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 14, 2017
Fast paced and very busy. set up my work space. learned to work with cardiac patients. standing is the hardest part. Management is great. The most enjoyable part is learning the different personalities of the patients,and all of the stories they have to tell.
Pros
Getting to know the patients
great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 31, 2017
great place to work. the staff was very helpful when new challenges was presented to in my field. over all great work environment. i would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Balanced Hospital Pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 24, 2016
Not boring and not too stressful. Good work environment overall. Benefits not the best. Management is helpful. Easy to build relationships and expand your experience.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
The ER there is not what I would call Safe!
North Oaks Hospital (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 15, 2016
The management does not care. I would not go there if I had a serious injury. I do not trust the doctors or the nursing staff. I have seen and heard things that made my blood boil. Complete disreguard for people and their feelings. I've reported certain things and nothing was done. I soon became the problem.
Pros
Cons
No Help!!! The work load is impossibe!!
Incompetent Management
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 14, 2016
We had two new managers to come into our dept.
neither one is familiar with leadership or management roles. They allow bullying by other co workers yet do nothing to solve the issue. The pay is awful and working conditions are tense. Lack of communication and proper training.
Pros
10 minutes from home
Cons
Horrible bosses, inconsiderate, they only see you as a body to do the work they don't want to do.
Great coworkers but management could use some work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 7, 2016
North Oaks has great potential. The coworkers are great but management needs some work. The work load in distributed unfairly. When you tell management the issues nothing ever gets done. The call schedule is chaotic and can be a lot some months. Also having to cover in house shifts when needed can be hard sometimes.
Pros
The doctors are great!
Agree with other reviewers - Run
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 20, 2016
Worked in both clinic and hospital billing offices. Workplace bullying and favoritism by management is rampant. Pay is low so why stay when you are also not valued. Used to be a great place to work. Routinely voted Best Place to Work on the Northshore. Not any more. New management is worst than old management. Anyone that could find another job has left.
Pros
Cons
Management, Treatment of employees
Run
Environmental Service Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 16, 2016
Housekeeping is the worst position to do at north oaks. They are overworked and understaffed. Those that are over you are unappreciative. They treat there employees like they are dispensable instead of respectful. They do not care about your well being, they only wish to reap the benefit of them looking good.
Pros
Some of the coworkers are good people
Cons
The pay is not worth all you will endure
The best part of my job is people I work with. They all bring something different to the table.
ECG Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 14, 2015
I noticed at night, my coworkers are much more supportive and caring. We all have a good relationship. We work together because we are understaffed at nights. But I have noticed this in every department at night. But we pull together since we don't even have time or people to relieve us for lunch. Even though some night we are extremely busy and can be stressful especially when there are a lot of admits and alarm fatigue, we make sure we watch each's back.
Pros
Good co-workers especially at night, the pay without benefits
Cons
Very rarely get a lunch, understaffed, management, pay with benefits
Worst place in the world to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hammond,laSeptember 16, 2015
Run don't walk away from these people.
They are horrible people. Fired me in 24 days of 90 day probation. Because I exposed them breaking every rule in the book. They break hippa rules left and right. They also mess with your time card. On Friday they will make you punch out early even though you are full time.
Absolutely Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 11, 2015
The management is so scared of losing their positions that they railroad employees constantly. Horrible horrible.. Wish I'd never worked there. I would give it negative stars if I could.
Learning Experience
Surgery Unit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 14, 2015
While at North Oaks, I learned all about a Hospital works, I dealt with patients, and patients families. The hardest part of my job was when you had a CODE, a Dr. on the phone, The patient line is ringing, and you need to order a test ASAP. My management and co-workers did an amazing job tutoring me. They were all there every step of the was if I needed them. The best advice I received was from a co-worker who told me to not over think what the Doctor may be ordering. Just type what they had requested. You learned the all hip patients automatically received a sign stating fall risk.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
fun workplace, and challenging.
Outpatient Lab Data Assist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 18, 2014
challenging and learning something new everyday I was there. Meeting new people was the most interesting part of the position.
avoid at all cost
security (Current Employee) –  hammond, laFebruary 3, 2014
Management will do whatever is necessary to keep their pay and position while stepping on you. If you are an suck up and enjoy stabbing your fellow worker In the back this is the place for you.
Pros
punching out
Cons
punching in