North Park University Employee Reviews in United States

Good environment with great co-workers
Supervisor and Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
I stated out on the serving line as a freshmen and during my senior year I was promoted to location manager. In the dining hall I learned how to work in a kitchen, serve and prep food based out production outlines, schedule and manager students. As a location manager I learned to do inventory, make product orders and do financial reports. This job has given me the ability to learn and grow throughout college.
Good Environment, Great People, Little Advancement
Student Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
North Park is a great place to work and a lot of people who work there live in the Albany Park community. Because North Park is a non-profit educational institution, budgets are low. There aren't many opportunities for raises or position advancements. A lot of people who work at North Park, remain in their position a long time, which can make it hard to advance. Benefit packanges could be better, but they do give most full-time staff access to the exercise facilities and some staff is given the opportunity to attend school for free, as long as it doesn't interfere with your work.Tuition discounts are offerend for dependent of staff mambers as well.
fun work place
desk person (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
As an Exercise Science major I am trained to be patient, compassionate, and understanding. I speak English and Polish. I will do anything I can to help athletes successful on the field. I believe I have qualities that will make thrive in this field of work. The lack of professional experience I have is more fulfilled by my leadership and volunteer experience I have done ever since grade school; therefore I have experience working with people of all ages, from helping special needs to coaching and training young kids and teenagers.
Independent research experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
I worked as a lab assistant for my university and screened ticks (Ixodes scapularis) for Borrelia miyamotoi in the Chicagoland area. A typical day of work consisted of taking the individual tick DNA and running PCR to detect if said tick was infected. The results were visualized via gel elecrophoresis. There were advisors who were able to help with any questions you had, but it was encouraged to learn and figure out things for yourself. I gained a lot of independence from the position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not always got questions answered
Great place
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
North Park is an amazing university with so much to offer. Unfortunately with new management, the enrollment offices are feeling undervalued and expendable.
High Quality Service
Helwig Recreation Center Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
A good place to socialize and create connections.
Very well organized and very well maintained.
The management team and staff provide an adequate service.
Pros
Clean and Sanitary
Cons
A small enviorment
Solid college job
Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
It was a good learning experience and gave me insight into many different parts of a multi-faceted organization. Supervisors were helpful. Students are well trained.
GReat place to learn and work
Teacher's Aide/Physics Lab Relocation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
As a student aide I was treated well and given a lot of responsibility. I learned a lot about the school and the program (Physics). This was a great experience in helping to build a new start for the Physics and Engineering departments.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great people
Cons
student wages
Great opportunities for experience
Volunteer Leadership Experiences (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
This was a great place to work during my college years. My supervisors gave me many opportunities to experience different parts of a higher education career.
Assistant Director in Information (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.November 6, 2014
People are nice. I leaned a lot about IT. IT Managers could use some professional development. Most difficult part of the job is not getting burnt out because there is always stuff to do. However, managers are flexible and try to provide a stable working environment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
manager experience
Productive work place.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2013
Handle responsibilities of planning and organizing custodial work schedules
Handle the tasks of responding to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner
Update the policies and procedures of the organization to the custodial staff
Handle responsibilities of inspecting buildings for cleanliness, quality assurance and safety compliance
Perform the tasks of monitoring and evaluating custodial performance and make corrective actions as required
Coordinate custodial supply requests as well as requests for custodial services after hour functions
A christain university with a strong emphasis on faith and community.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
The job title of assistant men's basketball coach is just a title. The work and the time of being a full time coach stretch way beyond just win and losses. There is no such thing as a typical day in my workplace. The best thing about being a coach is that I get the chance to help influence the lives of other individuals. When my office door opens and one of my player's come inside there is always an element of uncertainty. There are problems other then the things that happen on the court. Regardless of how my day is going at that particular moment I have to be able to give sound advice to whatever situation that one of my player may have. Being used as a outlet to life is far more rewarding then anything I can imagine!
Caring and Supportive Environment
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 5, 2015
Excellent place to work, managers and peers are very supportive and collaborative. I would recommend North Park University .
Pros
management
Cons
career growth
Unique Area, Great Mission
Graduate Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2014
- Typical day includes organizing and arranging schedules, meeting with athletes, training and practices, and office work.

- Invaluable experience with learning how to organize and manage my time. Learning how to problem solve and work on my feet. Also increased my skills with Microsoft: Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
A great place to advance a coaching career while learning all the while
Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
While working at North Park, I came to further understand how to grow an athletics program within the realm of a blossoming university in the city of Chicago. I would highly recommend NPU to any prospective job applicant, athletic or otherwise.
good college job
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
not much to say about this one. I tutored a number of kids who would sometimes show up for help. I got paid for being there anyway. A year ago, I was getting paid a lot more for 3 tutoring sessions a week but the school eventually cut it down to 1 session a week.
Pros
easy money, do homework if students dont show up.
Cons
boring
None productive work day
Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day a North Park Univeristy is a limited amount of calls to be tranferred, a lot of security issues with lockouts and escorts, and most of the time complete silence.
Pros
computer access, admission to winter break housing. flexible hours
Cons
low wage, no benefits, and boring.
North Park University is a great place to work and to learn!
Prospect Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2012
Love this company very much, and considered working there to be a "second home."
Pros
great hours, very decent pay, and extremely amiable & friendly coworkers.
Cons
lots of heavy lifting in the job i had there, but i expected that.
Great Online Teaching Support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2014
North Park University has impressed me by making training for teaching online very helpful. The administrative aspects of school have also been great.
Enjoyable work facility
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2013
I enjoyed working at North Park University because it was just an extremely pleasant enviorment. I loved being around other peers and students.
Pros
short hours because i was a student
Cons
n/a

4.3