North Park University Employee Reviews

Ok Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
Good friendly people at North Park. Christian University where people will try and help you if you need help. The pay is not great since it is in Chicago.
Pros
Friendly University
Cons
Low Pay
I had a wonderful time working at NPU
New Market Development / Associate Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I had a wonderful time working at NPU. Very good people that care for the kids. I would Highly recommend this University.
Work/Study
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Started working here at the beginning of my college career and many different opportunities presented themselves to work in either custodial or food service. The jobs worked around my school schedule so that was nice. However, they did pay federal minimum wage at the time so I only made about $7.50/hr, so it was a struggle to manage working 40hrs/week to pay my tuition and go to school.
Nice coworkers; lousy senior administration
sudent advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
North Park University has some great staff people, many of whom have worked there for decades. Senior management leaves a lot to be desired.

The university closes for a week and a half at Christmas time so everyone gets a paid christmas break, however, the King holiday is only for students and faculty, a rather ironic policy considering MLK was all about equal rights for all.

This school seems to be barely staying above water. They function like a very poorly oiled machine.
Fun place to work with great colleagues
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
People you work with make the job, caring group of people. Work is sometimes varied and everything comes at once. Good for continued education if that's what you want.
Productive and great work place
Men's Athletic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2016
Working here had a family like environment, even though it had the big city energy campus provided a soothing, small town feel.
Great place
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
North Park is an amazing university with so much to offer. Unfortunately with new management, the enrollment offices are feeling undervalued and expendable.
Good environment with great co-workers
Supervisor and Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
I stated out on the serving line as a freshmen and during my senior year I was promoted to location manager. In the dining hall I learned how to work in a kitchen, serve and prep food based out production outlines, schedule and manager students. As a location manager I learned to do inventory, make product orders and do financial reports. This job has given me the ability to learn and grow throughout college.
Good Environment, Great People, Little Advancement
Student Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
North Park is a great place to work and a lot of people who work there live in the Albany Park community. Because North Park is a non-profit educational institution, budgets are low. There aren't many opportunities for raises or position advancements. A lot of people who work at North Park, remain in their position a long time, which can make it hard to advance. Benefit packanges could be better, but they do give most full-time staff access to the exercise facilities and some staff is given the opportunity to attend school for free, as long as it doesn't interfere with your work.Tuition discounts are offerend for dependent of staff mambers as well.
fun work place
desk person (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
As an Exercise Science major I am trained to be patient, compassionate, and understanding. I speak English and Polish. I will do anything I can to help athletes successful on the field. I believe I have qualities that will make thrive in this field of work. The lack of professional experience I have is more fulfilled by my leadership and volunteer experience I have done ever since grade school; therefore I have experience working with people of all ages, from helping special needs to coaching and training young kids and teenagers.
Independent research experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
I worked as a lab assistant for my university and screened ticks (Ixodes scapularis) for Borrelia miyamotoi in the Chicagoland area. A typical day of work consisted of taking the individual tick DNA and running PCR to detect if said tick was infected. The results were visualized via gel elecrophoresis. There were advisors who were able to help with any questions you had, but it was encouraged to learn and figure out things for yourself. I gained a lot of independence from the position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not always got questions answered
Solid college job
Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
It was a good learning experience and gave me insight into many different parts of a multi-faceted organization. Supervisors were helpful. Students are well trained.
High Quality Service
Helwig Recreation Center Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
A good place to socialize and create connections.
Very well organized and very well maintained.
The management team and staff provide an adequate service.
Pros
Clean and Sanitary
Cons
A small enviorment
Great opportunities for experience
Volunteer Leadership Experiences (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
This was a great place to work during my college years. My supervisors gave me many opportunities to experience different parts of a higher education career.
GReat place to learn and work
Teacher's Aide/Physics Lab Relocation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
As a student aide I was treated well and given a lot of responsibility. I learned a lot about the school and the program (Physics). This was a great experience in helping to build a new start for the Physics and Engineering departments.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great people
Cons
student wages
Caring and Supportive Environment
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 5, 2015
Excellent place to work, managers and peers are very supportive and collaborative. I would recommend North Park University .
Pros
Cons
Career Growth
Assistant Director in Information (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.November 6, 2014
People are nice. I leaned a lot about IT. IT Managers could use some professional development. Most difficult part of the job is not getting burnt out because there is always stuff to do. However, managers are flexible and try to provide a stable working environment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Manager experience
College
Employee at Computer Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Good college I worked at Media Services.
They are a good school
Great Online Teaching Support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2014
North Park University has impressed me by making training for teaching online very helpful. The administrative aspects of school have also been great.
Relaxed work environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2014
Great co-workers, however low-pay and expensive benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Park University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2