North Park University

North Park University Employee Reviews

GReat place to learn and work
Teacher's Aide/Physics Lab Relocation Team Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, great people
Cons: student wages
As a student aide I was treated well and given a lot of responsibility. I learned a lot about the school and the program (Physics). This was a great experience in helping to build a new start for the Physics and Engineering departments.
Caring and Supportive Environment
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: career growth
Excellent place to work, managers and peers are very supportive and collaborative. I would recommend North Park University .
Assistant Director in Information (Former Employee), Chicago, Il.November 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: manager experience
People are nice. I leaned a lot about IT. IT Managers could use some professional development. Most difficult part of the job is not getting burnt out because there is always stuff to do. However, managers are flexible and try to provide a stable working environment.
College
Employee at Computer Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Good college I worked at Media Services.
They are a good school
Great Online Teaching Support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2014
North Park University has impressed me by making training for teaching online very helpful. The administrative aspects of school have also been great.
Relaxed work environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2014
Great co-workers, however low-pay and expensive benefits
A christain university with a strong emphasis on faith and community.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
The job title of assistant men's basketball coach is just a title. The work and the time of being a full time coach stretch way beyond just win and losses. There is no such thing as a typical day in my workplace. The best thing about being a coach is that I get the chance to help influence the lives of other individuals. When my office door opens and one of my player's come inside there is always an element of uncertainty. There are problems other then the things that happen on the court. Regardless of how my day is going at that particular moment I have to be able to give sound advice to whatever situation that one of my player may have. Being used as a outlet to life is far more rewarding then anything I can imagine!
A great place to advance a coaching career while learning all the while
Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
While working at North Park, I came to further understand how to grow an athletics program within the realm of a blossoming university in the city of Chicago. I would highly recommend NPU to any prospective job applicant, athletic or otherwise.
Excellent University
Co-Instructor, Building High Performance Teams (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Genuine care and concern for all students and their academic success.
Unique Area, Great Mission
Graduate Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2014
- Typical day includes organizing and arranging schedules, meeting with athletes, training and practices, and office work.

- Invaluable experience with learning how to organize and manage my time. Learning how to problem solve and work on my feet. Also increased my skills with Microsoft: Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Incredible workplace with extensive learning opportunity.
University Athletic Training Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: extremely rewarding to partake in an athletes path to returning to play after and injury, highly positive relationships with instructors, athletes, and coworkers, extensive learning environment.
Cons: very hard work, non-stop activity, some unpleasant injury experiences.
The instructors are beyond compare. Their level of competence exceeds any standards and it shows with their ability to constantly present you with a teaching moment. A typical day consisted of working along side a Certified Athletic Trainer, performing on-field and clinical injury evaluations, diagnosing athletic injuries, and creating treatment plans for student athletes. I assisted in the development, – more... monitoring and modifications of physical rehabilitation programs. I performed modalities and treatments including heat, ice, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, massage, and a variety of taping, bracing and splinting techniques prior to and after athletic competition. One of the hardest parts of the job was multitasking and time management, being able to ensure the safety of multiple athletes at one time, while still observing and learning. As well as monitoring effective communication between Certified Athletic Trainers, coaches, student athletes, parents, team physicians, and other medical personnel to ensure the best treatments for athletes. My favorite part of the job was by far building relationships with my athletes. Also, the hands-on experience helped build confidence very quickly and allowed for extensive learning opportunities. – less
None productive work day
Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: computer access, admission to winter break housing. flexible hours
Cons: low wage, no benefits, and boring.
A typical day a North Park Univeristy is a limited amount of calls to be tranferred, a lot of security issues with lockouts and escorts, and most of the time complete silence.
Productive work place.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2013
Handle responsibilities of planning and organizing custodial work schedules
Handle the tasks of responding to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner
Update the policies and procedures of the organization to the custodial staff
Handle responsibilities of inspecting buildings for cleanliness, quality assurance and safety compliance
Perform the tasks of monitoring and evaluating custodial performance and make corrective actions as required
Coordinate custodial supply requests as well as requests for custodial services after hour functions
OK Place to work
Assistant Director in Information, Media Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: limited resources
Small organization that is a familiar community. Management is ok. Organization has lots of potential to grow.
good college job
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: easy money, do homework if students dont show up.
Cons: boring
not much to say about this one. I tutored a number of kids who would sometimes show up for help. I got paid for being there anyway. A year ago, I was getting paid a lot more for 3 tutoring sessions a week but the school eventually cut it down to 1 session a week.
Enjoyable work facility
Custodian (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2013
Pros: short hours because i was a student
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working at North Park University because it was just an extremely pleasant enviorment. I loved being around other peers and students.
Quiet and peaceful working place
Library Staff Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2012
I register ISBN and OCLC numbers in Voyage and Catalog software and process books for four years. I love those people. They are very nice to me.
North Park University is a great place to work and to learn!
Prospect Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2012
Pros: great hours, very decent pay, and extremely amiable & friendly coworkers.
Cons: lots of heavy lifting in the job i had there, but i expected that.
Love this company very much, and considered working there to be a "second home."
NPU
Treasurer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2012
Started up the first Chemistry club at North Park University, it wasn't a job as much as it was a club.

About North Park University

Located in Chicago, North Park University is a Christian comprehensive university that serves nearly 3,300 undergraduate and graduate – Read more