North Shore-LIJ Health System

North Shore-LIJ Health System Employer Reviews

Leadership responsibility for preparation for all timely meals and recurrent service
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), long Island, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Leadership responsibility in all aspects of portions & verification of requisition sheet
Fulfillment & coordination for sanitary washing, drying & airborne hygiene
Productive and self sufficient place to work at.
Physician Billing Analyst (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 2, 2015
My position is very self sufficient. I come following up on any previously ran queries, follow up on reports that are to be completed I a timely fashion. I report to my manager for any up to date changes on a daily basis. Everyday is a new day to learn different things, mainly with the protocol changes within the department. The most enjoyable part of my job would be those that I work with.
Excellent Teaching Institution
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee), Glen Oaks, NYDecember 30, 2014
My most recent position at NSLIJ Health System was amazingly gratifying. From the ancillary staff to the head psychiatrists, everyone was involved with the patients' plan of care.

Fantastic leadership that places a focus on education and evidence-based practice and a work environment that fosters therapeutic relationships and alliances with the patients.

The hardest part of this job was resigning from it. I will miss my coworkers and the patient population terribly.
Fun Place to work
Medical Assistant / Medical Secretary (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYDecember 23, 2014
I love working here.
I learned a lot. People are very friendly
Nice work enviroment
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Compliance (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYDecember 4, 2014
The North Shore-LIJ Health System is a good employer. I was fortunate to work with individuals who appreciated my work ethic and encouraged my open minded attitude.
Company has great potential and is trying to be more innovative
UX Architect, Digital Strategist (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great hours, great pto
Cons: hard to move up
Typical day ranged from the plethora of projects we had. From the start I had to learn how to manage my time, and set priorities to finish the projects assigned to me. Co-workers were very friendly and some have become very close friends. The hardest part of the job was allotting time to learn new skills, but at the same token the most enjoyable part of the job was taking things I have learned and applying them to projects.
no comment
medical biller (Current Employee), Great Neck, NYNovember 11, 2014
no comment it's a great company to work for with a lot of growth opportunities
productive work place
Lead Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: supervisors
everybody work together, good benefits, pay is great too

nurses are very reliable, staff is very helpful

supervisors are not well trained at the lab

a lot of gossiping
Very pleasant and orderly surroundings to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the hours were flexible if you needed to change
Cons: long way to walk from parking lot to office
A typical day at work consisted of answering many phone calls, greeting and directing visitors and staff members, scheduling many meetings and appointments for directors and management staff, running any errands requested from directors and data entry of required files. Overall the management and co-workers were always very friendly and corporative and I learned how the daily operations with the upper executives can be vey hectic and busy well after the rest of the staff has left for the day. The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate meetings for executives to meet on a specific date but the most enjoyable part of work was how they would always be so pleasant and sometimes playful in causal conversations with you.
Current Job
Program Manager, Clinical Transformation (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYNovember 3, 2014
Program manager for a large health-system initiative. Overall day to day microsoft project building and review. Management of many personalities and titles throughout the organization. Works with hospital leads as the liaison between the field and corporate.
no advancement
employee (Current Employee), north shoreOctober 28, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no advancement, not a fair shot for a job
north shore lij is a great organization however they DO NOT promote advancement with employees that have the qualifications and are looking for a better position. its very hard to get into coding at north shore and even the management and the talent acquisition team are not willing to give employees with a CPC certification a chance in coding. they prefer to bring outside people for positions that should be offered to employees that are already within the health system for years and have the certification as a CPC and not getting the jobs. obviously a person with a CPC right out of school needs someone to give them a shot in coding in order to gain the experience and knowledge as a coder, but our own health system is not willing to do so and we have dedicated years, then whats the point getting certifications and degrees if its not helping our career?
The typical day at work
Practice Office Assistant (Former Employee), lake success nyOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: no overtime
Prep work station for all reports needed, check all patients for copays, insurance verification, new patient packets, check in patients, check out patients, collect copays, scan all pertaining forms, documents etc.
Strong company culture.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), Long Island, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: large company.
North Shore LIJ is a great company to work for, with fair compensation, strong leadership, good job security and plenty of opportunities to growth.
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee), Great Neck, NYOctober 7, 2014
Large organization with lots of opportunity - great place to work and build a career.
N/A
Coordinator, Verification Intake (Current Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 3, 2014
Good benefits, Good work life balance, great facility, nice people to work with
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: everything about northshore lij health system is a pro!
Cons: no cons!
NorthShore LIJ Health System is an AMAZING hospital to work for! Simply Amazing!
Basic day at work
Pre-Opreative Assistant (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: getting experience on on different parts of the medical field
Cons: not being compensated for work being done
Transporting patients to OR and assisting in varies surgeries throughout the day, learned to use varies instruments. management helpful and times but no room for growth. I am a people person work well independently but also a team player, my co-workers pitch in when necessary. Hardest part of my day is watching the reaction on a patience face when their taken to the OR, when the Surgrey has been a success.
Good
Hospital patient Full-Time (Current Employee), Syosset, NYJuly 24, 2014
I am happy with the tx I am receiving from Staff, and the other Patients have turned my world around.
Very good benefits
Customer Service A/R clerk (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYJuly 15, 2014
I made good money and it was a good enviornment. I enjoyed my job and co-workers. The company provided advancement and growth opportunities.
Great
H.H.A./Home Health Aide (Current Employee), North Shore LIJJuly 8, 2014
Great team to work with and to work for. Everyone helps each other out and helps to make the work environment a better place. My job consists of day to day patient care tasks. Helping people is the most rewarding part of this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About North Shore-LIJ Health System

One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan – Read more