North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization. Since 1944, the Animal League has saved the lives of over 1,000,000 animals through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives. The League reaches across the country to rescue, nurture and adopt pets into happy and loving homes, and over the past decade we have placed over 200,000 puppies, kittens, cats and dogs into carefully screened homes.
We are seeking a Human Resource Manager who possesses a solid background in HR generalist /recruitment practices.
Under the general direction of the VP of Human Resources, this position will direct, implement and supervise all recruitment strategies. Provide counsel to management on employee relations issues. Collaborate with the HR team to develop and implement key HR initiatives and ensure a positive work environment that engages employees and drives operational excellence.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the recruiting process from posting job openings, sourcing and prescreening candidates to leading them through the entire interviewing process.
- Coordinate and cultivate relationships with local colleges and the community in general for recruitment efforts. Coordinate attendance at job fairs and seeks new avenues for recruiting.
- Work as primary liaison with hiring managers. Work closely with hiring managers to ensure staffing requirements are timely and attainable.
- Coordinate all recruitment advertising strategies and manages advertising budget.
- Provide advice and counsel on resolution of employee questions and concerns related to HR policies and procedures, investigation of alleged unfair practices and career counseling.
- Interpret and administer Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and direction to management on employee relations issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding employee incidents.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Plan and coordinate employee events, meetings, training sessions, volunteer events, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Medical recruitment experience a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidentially with employees at all levels.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good time management skills are required with excellent follow up skills.
- Must have knowledge in employment law, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADEA, Title VII, OSHA, and ADA.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
- The ability to work on Saturday in exchange for a day off during the week approximately once every three weeks.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements for immediate consideration.