We are seeking a full time Kennel Manager to join our team of professionals. The Kennel Manager’s role is to maximize adoptions through successful supervision and training of staff. Ensure the general health and well being of the animals. Promote a friendly and professional environment where emphasis is placed on quality care and teamwork. The perfect candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well with staff members, be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. Must be flexible to work additional hours when workload requires. Previous experience working in a shelter or veterinary practice is required to be considered for this position. Supervisory experience needed.
The qualified candidate must have the ability to perform the following duties:
- Supervise kennel associates (i.e., approaching adopters, cleaning cages, etc.)
- Interview, hire, train, counsel, and evaluate kennel staff associates.
- Monitor associates performance-ensuring adherence to proper kennel procedures and policies.
- Monitor adoption flow and main adoptions and take corrective steps to ensure smooth/timely processing of adoptions. Approve adoption forms.
- Ensure adequate number of animals.
- Conduct daily setup meetings with the kennel associates.
- Communicate effectively with adopters (i.e., review adoption forms, explain medical conditions, promote adoptions).
- Process opening and closing procedures of the shelter.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including 100% company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family. Please send your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration. EOE
Indeed - 12 months ago