North Shore Animal League America Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Kennel Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYAugust 12, 2016
North Shore Animal League America is a great company to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday, seeing new animals, meeting new people, and furthering my education in animal care.
Pros
Medical coverage for employees and their animals.
Cons
None.
Rip-off place to work
Ex Director (Former Employee) –  NYMay 21, 2014
Management deosn't have a clue how to run that place. They are in it just for the top three. If an audit was conducted oh God what they would find
Cons
its a job
Helpful staff, flexible work hours
Quality Control Coordinator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Coworkers are excellent. We do physical, in-home follow-up visits with recent local and out-of-state adoptions to make sure pets were placed into a quality home environment. We educate adopters on proper training techniques and health care for adopted pets. We provide excellent customer service/adopter satisfaction. We help train new associates for various roles in the shelter. We work in shelter with dogs/cats and to help adopters find the right pet for their family. We go over adoption paperwork and advise new adopters of NSALA adoption policies.
Wonderful Company
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 18, 2013
They do great work rescuing animals. Staff is friendly and hardworking.
Great animals, fun people
Adoption Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 27, 2013
The atmosphere may be sad. The dogs and cats may bark and meow for love and attention. This is a part of me that will never leave, and quite the same, it is also how I feel about myself deep inside.

Hard work, time to play.
Pros
walking dogs on my break, transporting puppies from building to building, helpful and educational co-workers that were leaders
Cons
constant being on feet and bending over; lots of clean up and sanitizing.
nice work environment, animals around.
Inbound Call Center Specialist/Customer (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYApril 28, 2012
Way too much work for such a low salary. Head of Call Center a Control Freak! Much favoritism.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
don't listen to employees requests
Poor Management
Sales (Former Employee)August 30, 2011
Completely inept Sr Management team with no clear vision or plan to make to attain specific goals. Very reactionary in how the organization is run. Way to conceited in philosophy and do not do enough to strengthen the main goal of saving animals lifes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor job security

2.3