North Shore Animal League America Employee Reviews

Helpful staff, flexible work hours
Quality Control Coordinator/Driver (Current Employee), Port Washington, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Coworkers are excellent. We do physical, in-home follow-up visits with recent local and out-of-state adoptions to make sure pets were placed into a quality home environment. We educate adopters on proper training techniques and health care for adopted pets. We provide excellent customer service/adopter satisfaction. We help train new associates for various roles in the shelter. We work in shelter with dogs/cats and to help adopters find the right pet for their family. We go over adoption paperwork and advise new adopters of NSALA adoption policies.
Wonderful Company
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), Port Washington, NYSeptember 18, 2013
They do great work rescuing animals. Staff is friendly and hardworking.
Great animals, fun people
Adoption Counselor (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYJuly 27, 2013
Pros: walking dogs on my break, transporting puppies from building to building, helpful and educational co-workers that were leaders
Cons: constant being on feet and bending over; lots of clean up and sanitizing.
The atmosphere may be sad. The dogs and cats may bark and meow for love and attention. This is a part of me that will never leave, and quite the same, it is also how I feel about myself deep inside.

Hard work, time to play.
nice work environment, animals around.
Inbound Call Center Specialist/Customer (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYApril 28, 2012
Pros: nothing free
Cons: don't listen to employees requests
Way too much work for such a low salary. Head of Call Center a Control Freak! Much favoritism.
Poor Management
Sales (Former Employee)August 30, 2011
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor job security
Completely inept Sr Management team with no clear vision or plan to make to attain specific goals. Very reactionary in how the organization is run. Way to conceited in philosophy and do not do enough to strengthen the main goal of saving animals lifes.