North Shore Community College Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 12, 2017
North Shore Community College provides an excellent learning environment for it's students.
I enjoy participating in the learning process because the students want to learn.
None entered
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 6, 2017
Slower paced environment if that is what you are looking for. Little advancement opportunity. Very nice co-workers many of which have been there for many years.
Teaching brings it own rewards.The fun was in the Oreo cookie or ALICE..
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed teaching. It was with honor and great gratitude that I was able to convey my thoughts and the Principles of Accounting to my students. This is not an easy subject for most people, so I had to learn how to make it fun and easy to understand. That was my challenge. The answer was in the "ALICE" and cookie techniques. Getting to meet all kinds of people, trying to learn the same subject was our common denominator. I took away from them, as much as they learned from me. I loved doing it..
Productive and reliable place to work.
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be coming in and cutting and preparing all meats, cheese, and cold salads. Set up the deli and salad bar and serve the students according to the requests. After serving the students you would have to clean up your area and do the dishes of whatever it is that was used.
School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAApril 2, 2017
Registered each student coming into the tutoring lab. Assist each student with focus in math(algebra) and french(intro, french 2 and 3 AP) help. Communicating with professors about student concern.
Tutor
Program Tutor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 30, 2016
Great experience being a tutor. It was an honor especially since it was an appointed position from the program director.
Student Support Office
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  student support officeNovember 30, 2016
A fast-paced office where students come with a variety of concerns.

A typical day may include a student tour, a visit from a four-year college, assisting students with registering for / withdrawing from a class, assisting the administrative assistant with research projects, etc.

The hardest part of the job could be the language barrier as there were several students who's first language is not English.
Pros
pleasant co-workers
Cons
language barrier
experience, customer services and growth with in organiztion
Financial,Rec.Supervisor,Administrative (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 19, 2016
Greet students, help direct students in policies and procedures.
Administrative work and class orientaions for new students.
Management was great and benefits were good.
Fun and busy environment to work in
Library Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 18, 2016
I will scan books in and out of students. Review and update student library cards when needed. Helped students with resources for homework. Enjoyed the co-workers. I've learned to the importance of organizing.
Pros
mid day hours availability only
Cons
Wasn't a full time position
An amazing place with a supportive atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT/ ORIENTATION AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 6, 2016
I have never worked for a better place than NSCC! The teachers and adviser's were so welcoming and helpful in my position at NSCC. I was constantly given a chance t learn and do things. The school as a whole is a team and everyone works toward building up everyone involved.
Pros
A homey work environment

Want to know more about North Shore Community College?

Ask a question
Working at college
Assistant to the Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 31, 2016
While working at NSCC I learned a lot about the culture and politics of business. I was exposed to occupations and skills I would have never been exposed to otherwise. It was a great experience.
Pros
Life/Work balance, culture, energy
Cons
Pay
College Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LA, Sullivan CampusApril 25, 2015
A typical day is to start my classes. When I had a break in between studies, we would trouble shoot IT related problems. We would set up new systems and install Operating Systems. It was also necessary to connect workstations to Network shared printers.
Professional Tutor - Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 17, 2015
The tutoring center is indispensable, it provides excellent free tutoring services to students. I enjoyed working there. The best part of the job was when you help academically a student in a meaningful way, or help somebody to finally understand complicated software or math concept.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes Lynn campus gets crowded.
A great place
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 4, 2015
As an adjunct instructor, i only arrive to teach classes, or meet with students. Teaching, for almost five years, has taught me patience, communications skills, organizational skills, multitasking skills, and how to handle different personalities. I can't say there is anything hard about my job, because I love what i do. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be, being successful in what I do, via student evaluations and seeing them grow intellectually.
Teaching developmental classes help students get acquainted with college
Adjunct Professor- Developmental Courses (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MassachusettsAugust 16, 2014
Since 2007, I've taught study skills, writing, and reading developmental evening classes. Many of these students come from other countries and have figured out that they need a college background in order to perform the work they're interested in doing. Many times, they have very little cultural or social background of America and the realities connected with going to college. If it's a night class, we'll meet for 14 weeks, once each week, for three hours. The students need to see what the expectations of college are while figuring out how they fit into the surroundings. Most of all, they want to be successful. They want to walk away each week feeling satisfied that they'd made the right decision. Many have families and their home life is sacrificed. So coming to class has to be worthwhile.
That's the part of the work I like best- helping them feel like they've accomplished something by coming to class.
Pros
Showing methods of organizing thoughts and thinking through writing.
Cons
Seeing a few students not ready to make the commitment.
Enjoyed my time at North Shore Community College, Great people to work with
Part-time Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 25, 2014
Most of the administrative staff worked in an open office. On a typical day we would great each other and ask how everything was going, personal and professional, before we started our day. Some of my co-workers came from different backgrounds and it was fun to interact with them and learn from them.

We could always go to Management whenever we needed to. Their door was always opened.

I enjoyed my job but enjoyed the Accounts Payable part mostly. I had retired from the Selectmen's Office in the Town of Arlington, moved to the North Shore after my second marriage and decided to work part-time. I had started as the A/P clerk part-time but that position became full time.
Pros
I liked working in a school envirement
Cons
My position was part-time but felt like full time, the position has sinced been streamlined
Great Place
Adjunct Professor - "Race, Gender & Class (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 8, 2014
I loved NSCC. As a professor and now as a consultant to professional development.
Healthy environment and friendly co workers.
Student Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 12, 2014
I have learned to ask a question when I didn't understand instructions clearly.

My co workers are always friendly and approachable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun and not having pressure at all.
assisting students in the graphic design program
Digital Design Studio Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAApril 2, 2014
You might learn something new by helping another student.
You may also be challenged if you can't help a student figure a problem out with one of the programs, but there's always google to find a tutorial!
Pros
flexible hours to accommodate schedule
Cons
part time and temporary position
It was my first introduction to lab work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 24, 2014
At this job I have learned what is accept techniques, learned equipment and glassware sterilization. In general, I have got a taste of lab work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Shore Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5