North Shore University Hospital Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 7, 2017
This is a very friendly facility. Everyone here is very nice. We work really hard but we always wear a smile on our face. Team work is very important to us and we do help each other out.
Productive work place
Patient Access Officer / ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMarch 21, 2017
NSUH is a good company. I was able to interact with patients and guide them through the beginning of their hospital experience. At NSUH i was able to work for two departments, the Admitting department and also the Emergency Room. It was a refreshing experience to have.
Amazing
Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I worked on 7Tower, an ortho unit and it was an amazing experience. I learned a tremendous amount and the setting was amazing. The place is so nice, great incentives and always looking to improve.
very fast staff turnover
Registered Professional Nurse critical care (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Not optimal. My biggest complaint would be not enough ancillary help. They would show up in the morning and then get sent to other units for budget reasons we were told. This lead to nurse injuries. After our new manager took over the job was not enjoyable anymore.
Rewarding
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Patient care is the best part of my job. I love taking care of people, getting to know them, and aiding in their healing. At the end of the day it feels so good when a patient says "thank you" I have had patients tell me that although being in the hospital is not fun, they enjoyed their day with me as their nurse. That is the best feeling!!
Pros
knowing that I make a difference! `
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to work and learn. So glad it was my first operating room job. The only negative was trying to get time off. Work life balance was not optimal.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work life disconnect
The best company to work for
Assist physicians (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 13, 2016
Northwell is such a great company. There are so many pros to working here I don't know where to start. The accrued pto is amazing, there is room for growth
Pros
hours, pay, pto
Employees are exceptional
Case Manager, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 4, 2016
NSUH is a great employer. They search for the very best employees and they are rewarded as such. By far the very best compensation that I have ever received. Moved out of state and had to leave my position.
Pros
High Pay.
Cons
Established chain of command could use a shake up.
Good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 12, 2016
Staff nurse in a 17 bed intensive care unit in a major university hospital. Serves as a charge nurse in absence of any management. Serves as a member of the Rapid Response Team, assessing acutely ill patients on the floor.
had a great time for most of time I worked there
Cook (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 5, 2016
The hospital was a great place to work with great co-workers I was a Cook and enjoyed the work until management changes happened.
Originally Cooks figured out where they worked based on seniority that changed so you wait to be assigned position. You either do prep work or cook folr patients staff and visitors all from same inadequate sized kitchen. Folow recipies and productions sheets. Sanitation Sanitation Sanitation.
Learned a lot about volme cooking and patients dietary restrictions.
Recent managment does not see things the way they are. I felt like a robot.
Co-workers for the most part were great people made job enjoyable.
Hardest part was Management, lack of storage, refrigerator, work space. You worked on top of each other.
Enjhoyable part great pay and benefits, could not beat benefit package and all the free innoculations throughout the year.
Food service workers receoved free meals which were very good and looked forward to.
Pros
benefit package pay co-workers
Cons
management inadequate space to work in
A great educational and healing workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 30, 2016
My volunteering experience dealt with mostly paper work, office supplies and medical tools. Very well supplied and it helped me understand how every job within the hospital was interconnected.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
awesome place to learn skills as a professional nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 1, 2016
I started my nursing career at NSUH in Manhasset, I learned invaluable lessons that I have taken with me in my career. I always enjoyed the hospital setting and only left my job right before my second child was born. I became certified in venipuncture and IV insertion at NSUH as well as acessing mediports and central lines. I was certified in telemetry and chemotherapy infusions. I became assistant head nurse for a medical-surgical floor as well.
Productive Place To Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 31, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is creating a rapport with the clients that present for their care needs. By providing a caring and supportive environment that allows for the emotional as well as the physical needs of the client to be addressed.
Great co-workers
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 23, 2016
Great working environment with excellent workers who are passionate about what the do. Friendly and conducive place to work.
Great Place
Patient Care Technician/Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting patients with every needs. I enjoy working with my coworkers, management makes me feel comfortable and I learned a lot from the nurses to my fellow PCA
great place to work
Medical Administration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
I started as temp and worked my way up to being the supervisor. We all became a family and we treat our patients as such. I learned a lot in the health system that I will continue to use with my future employer.
hello
Registered Nurse, Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 21, 2016
NSLIJ is a big cooperation that most likely does not value all of their employees. We make good money, but that is not always enough.
Pros
hi
Cons
hi
great
Patient and Family Centered Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 5, 2016
All of the staff were helpful and worked as a team to help patients and families. It was an honor to work for the hospital. They offered many opportunities for me to extend my knowledge and be more effective to patients.
Good job, flexible managment
Consult/ED psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMarch 15, 2016
not overworked, about 4-6 consults per day average, has a lot of moonlighting opportunities, lots of time to teach residents and fellows. Good collegial atmosphere, excellent service chief.
Pros
felexible work hours
Cons
irregular schedule with late nights and weekends.
Innovative health care organization.
Associate Vice-President, Renal Transplant Program (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Forward thinking CEO promotes growth and positive change despite obvious barriers and what those in the same arena are doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Shore University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2