North Shore University Hospital

North Shore University Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive, TEAM WORK ORIENTED PLACE.
Clinical Practice Plan Rep (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Great managers and leaders. understanding and fair place to make a career out of. You learn true definition of teamwork and compassion.
good place to work
Communication Service Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefit
good place to work, but my only issue is the commute and the tolls, I reside in westchester county and work in long island about 55 miles
Patient Care Associate-Per Diem (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYDecember 26, 2014
Working with patients to ensure that they are recieving good health care and their stay at the hospital is comofortable.
Great Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: making one smile
Very Busy but rewarding and always room to advance in becoming a health care professional and beyond. North Shore is a great place to work.
dietary aide
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
responsible for feeding patients in hospital, various duties also included helping out in the dishroom
great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYNovember 14, 2014
learned a lot
great work place
Great employees
I expanded my knowledge in how a medical office would run
fast pace enviroment
Secretary (Former Employee), ManhassetNovember 5, 2014
manage employee PTO, vacation, and sick time.
Manage files, Updated time sheets in Kronos. File and maintain employee files and schedules. Assist in signing off employee time cards. Schedule meeting and complete office tasks. Assist Directors when needed.
Good place to work...
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough job stability for per diem.
I love my job, just wish that they had advanced me into the position of full time from per diem. Because of that I am forced to look for work else where.
volunteer
Assistant Director (Current Employee), walmearNovember 2, 2014
great year. wonderful College of New Rochelle School of Nursing- New Rochelle, New York
Adjunct Clinical Professor Fall 2013
. Have proficiently taught nursing school students in the clinical settings
. Cultivated effective teaching methods that work both to engage students as well as create long-term understanding of nursing theories and specific techniques
. Consistently create an atmosphere of growth and learning while also feeling comfortable to ask questions or for additional guidance when necessary
. Proficiently handles range of student questions and continuously strive to facilitate student growth and development.
Productive place to work.
Central Intake-Admission Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 22, 2014
There was work non stop. I was always busy. The work environment was great. There was not hard part or easy part of the job.
Great work experience. Dealing with patients on a day-to-day basis was very rewarding.
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: healthcare and benefits were very good.
Cons: unprofessional manager and heavy computer work
Nice workplace. Enjoyed working with physician for 20 years.
Enjoyed one-on-one with patients and physicians.
provided a great opportunity to work with strong leaders yet allowed me a great deal of independence and responsibility.
INTENSIVE CARE REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYOctober 14, 2014
A great training program for a new graduate with no experience.
Health benefits were excellent and the staff was very friendly
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Syosset, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: gift were given for years of service
Cons: parking
Most calls received were for staff and patients. The day went by fast.
The management made sure that we were always comfortable in our positions. There was always holiday celebrations.
washing and folding clothes
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYSeptember 22, 2014
washing clothes and helping with different task
great because i like to help people
Better
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: high expectations from employees, open to change ways to get better outcome, lots of employee discounts, eventually notice the bad apples and move them and motivate them to do better.
Cons: human resources for current employees, tough transfer process if qualify and wages vary via location for same position.
A typical day at work is being proactive with your professional colleagues towards the goal. I learned that differences among employees are not important our purpose of providing the best to our patient is of only importance. Management focuses on the numbers and the effectiveness of implementations. My coworkers are part of the staff (team) we all do our part. The hardest part of my job is when I have to spread myself thin. The most enjoyable part of my job is patient care, I enjoy helping my fellow (wo)man, between 8-11 per shift assigned per shift.
Great Place to Work
NICU Nurse (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Learned a ton. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
productive and great work environment
Full Charge Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Long Island, NYAugust 27, 2014
Exceptional working environment. I gained a lot of customer service and clerical experience at this facility.
I enjoy my years at North Shore Hospital
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYAugust 12, 2014
Working in the ICU is very challenging yet very rewarding experience you are constantly learning,
no job security
Sr. Biomedical Specialist (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: short staffed
Very poor management and no job security specially in biomedical engineering dept. Dept. is also short staffed
Also a fast-paced, fun loving and full-filling career.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at this place can change with a blow of the wind but i have become accustomed to the changes. Keeping it moving and prioritizing your duties is the only way to go.

I have learned so much in this job, how to take blood, perform EKG's, performed fingersticks, CPR, how to change a bed with someone in it, body mechanics and many more various health issues that have intrigued me over my life time.

Management was always on top of their game while i was there. We all worked well together to create a strong and efficient but still fun and caring atmosphere.

I absolutely loved so many of my co-workers. We all worked so well together. Everyone helped everyone, the way things should be.

The hardest part of the job was seeing suffering patients, getting used to a patient and their families only to watch them pass away but also knowing how comfortable and happy we made them before their passing.

The best part of the job was helping others, hands down. The people i helped really needed that help. Their needs were completely warranted and most of the times appreciated. It was a very full-filling position and i hope to have one like it in the future as i plan to go back to school to become a nurse.

1 2 3 4