North Shore University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun and productive place to work
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 21, 2015
We transport between 800- 1000 patients daily . Therefore the Transport Management team has to be excellent. My co- workers are the very best because they adapt to the " TRANSPORT" culture of taking on the challenge of getting the job done safely and quickly. The health system is always growing , so therefore there is room for advancement. The healthcare benefits are fantastic. You will enjoy and benefit from working here.
Pros
Benefits and the people are very nice
A great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amityville, NYMay 31, 2015
Its a great professional place to work. Many different types of clients with interesting backgrounds come to northshore lij and recieve optimal care. Its also a place where you can advance yourself through school and tuition reimbursement. A day at northshore is a day filled with fast paced energy, helping patients to "look the part" really sets the tone and creates self confidence for them to complete their own goals for the day. Physical and Occupational therapy are some of the interdisciplinary areas that collaborate together to make the clients experience a successful one. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is the emotional attachments you can develop.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
employee benefits
It was a great place to work
Dieatary (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYSeptember 25, 2015
It was a great place to work. Since we change the management 3 years ago this place become horrible place. They hire bad mentality people, they hire unhappy people. Argument all the time among co workers. Start to say "your country, your country" because they are racist. Many employees get injured because everything broken such as: hot water pipe leaking, dish machine broken and have to clean it manually, the tray holder broken, wet floor that make the employees sliped and feel down. They don' maintain cleanliness. Nobody care about anything. This place become ANIMAL KINGDOM. Yelling, Screaming all the time. Instead of finding solution they give judgment each other. I won't let my self being treated in this hospital. They could put poison in my foods. Thats why some co workers and I decided to quit from this dept.
Pros
Free meals, good benefit
Cons
No room for growth, no seniority, no promotion.
Great work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYSeptember 2, 2015
I love my job!! North Shore is a great place to work! Working at NSLIJ offers so many learning opportunities for all employees as well as a great benefits package.
Innovative health care organization.
Associate Vice-President, Renal Transplant Program (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Forward thinking CEO promotes growth and positive change despite obvious barriers and what those in the same arena are doing.
good workplace for a GPR
One year General Practice Residency (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 27, 2015
-Great salary
-Good diversity of procedures that you are exposed to which is important in a GPR
-Excellent attendings to ask for help
-Private practice setting
-You learn how a hospital system works
Good job, flexible managment
Consult/ED psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMarch 15, 2016
not overworked, about 4-6 consults per day average, has a lot of moonlighting opportunities, lots of time to teach residents and fellows. Good collegial atmosphere, excellent service chief.
Pros
felexible work hours
Cons
irregular schedule with late nights and weekends.
great
Patient and Family Centered Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 5, 2016
All of the staff were helpful and worked as a team to help patients and families. It was an honor to work for the hospital. They offered many opportunities for me to extend my knowledge and be more effective to patients.
A great place to develop skills and acquire education
Patient Transport Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 10, 2015
Great place to acquire career maturity. North Shore University has available many diciplines to meet almost anyone's interest. The facility has a very generous tuition reimbursement program of which I utiliozed to acquire an advanced degree.
Pros
Good place to lanch and grow your career.
Cons
Highly political environment.
Great Place
Patient Care Technician/Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting patients with every needs. I enjoy working with my coworkers, management makes me feel comfortable and I learned a lot from the nurses to my fellow PCA
Good
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 21, 2015
Overall North Shore is a good hospital system to work for. I would recommend it to others.
A typical day at work consisted of sitting behind my desk taking phone calls and making them, processing information into the units computer system for payroll purposes. Scheduling meetings. Covering the front desk reception if needed. I worked with a nice group of people.
Great place to work; they attempt to do all the right things.
Database Mgr and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYSeptember 19, 2015
They look out for their employees, and do not set them up for failure. They always offer their employees an opportunity to advance themselves. They make you feel as though you make a difference. Their priority is patient care, and they do everything to make sure they can serve their patients well. Their vision and mission are aligned with their methods of achieving their goals.
Pros
All facilities are very clean, they understand special holidays such as Halloween and Christmas, they permit employees a certain amount of creativity.
Cons
Parking at most facilities is bad, transferring to another facility is somewhat difficult.
hello
Registered Nurse, Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 21, 2016
NSLIJ is a big cooperation that most likely does not value all of their employees. We make good money, but that is not always enough.
Pros
hi
Cons
hi
Helping patients
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 18, 2012
On a typical day, I greet patients who enter the hospital. I monitor the patient’s progress throughout the day and notify the nurse if there are any changes. I get along with my coworkers and having a good relationship with the patients. The management’s team is very supportive.

At times it is difficult for me to wake my patients up for vital signs.

I enjoy taking care of my patients. They often thank me and ask god to bless me. When they are ready to return home I know I contributed to their recovery.
Pros
benefits, available shifts
Great Health System and Team Mentality
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 9, 2015
Lots of movement during shift. Not a lot of overtime available. Co-workers are nice but a little under qualified. In a place where you have to think on your feet, members of the team can't think for themselves.
Great place to work and progress
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 21, 2015
Great place to work, learn, and grow. There are programs to help you advance your education and there are great reward programs.
A busy work inviornment with a strict time schedule to follow. I love to cook for the masses.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 9, 2015
A typical day consists of food preparation for hospital staff and patience and menu planning for the work week. I followed recipes for special diet patience and ensured food was stored correctly and served in a timely fashion throughout the hospital. I learned a lot of food safety tips and recipes while working at this job. Management and staff were like family at NSUH and still are.
Pros
I was taught by very skilled chefs and learned alot about scheduled food preparation.
productive place to work
Housekeeper - Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed meeting patients and making a difference in their day. Maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for patients to make things comfortable for them.
informative internship
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYDecember 7, 2015
It was great working in the emergency department, there was so much to learn, aiding between the patients and the doctors.
Pros
Free lunch
Challenging and fulfilling position
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 2, 2012
I scheduled patient appointments, prepared clinic schedules and patient charts for three doctors. I learned to be efficient in doing this because answering phones and scheduling appointments took up a good part of each day. This was the hardest part of the job keeping up with the entire work load and maintaining good performance for each doctor. The most enjoyable part of the job was each time I realized the clinic schedules and patient charts were done accurately and on time.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
nothing outstanding

4.2