North Spring Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
You will work your life away there and for nothing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 4, 2016
The benefits are horrible, absolutely horrible, you have to find your own coverage to get a day off, there is no support from anywhere, the only good thing is experience that is why they are always hiring
Toxic atmosphere and very poor treatment of employees
I'd rather not say (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 7, 2015
Upper and middle management make North Spring one of the most negative and hostile work environments I have ever experienced. As a long-time healthcare worker, I can say North Spring is one of the worst facilities I have worked in. The problem is management. They bully floor techs and staff and are quick to ruin someone's job if you stand up for yourself. Do not expect to be treated fairly or for anyone in managment to have your back. I strongly dissuade anyone from working here.
Pros
little to none
Cons
management, poor pay, no recognition of good work, toxic work atmosphere
Emotionally gratifying, but can be exhausting
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 9, 2013
The best thing I love about this job are my coworkers and supervisors. I feel appreciated and supported, and for the most part, we all make a pretty great team. The biggest struggle comes from working with the kids. On the one hand, when you have the opportunity to see them change and grow, it gives you a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, and even hope; but when these kids first start out, there is hardly any respect, and there is a potential for danger from their physical aggression (this is where coworkers being good backup comes in). It really takes a thick-skinned and determined sort of person to work here, to get to the good that's in the kids through all of the bad.
Pros
beautiful campus/grounds, get to participate in outings for free
Cons
sometimes dangerous and physically/emotionally exhausting
Rewarding Job!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 16, 2012
Managed a team of Mental Health Specialist and assisted with the direct care of clients

Oversaw daily facility operations, facilitated the hiring process, and conducted training sessions

Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly schedules in addition to maintaining safety standards
please see resume
Full-Time Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 15, 2012
As an admissions coordinator, the position was busy and stressful at times. The staff were cooperative and helpful as new admissions arrived almost daily.
Rewarding
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 1, 2013
Great pay, benefits, employee base, environment is safe, clean
Pros
location, philosophy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.