North Suburban Medical Center

North Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Not everything they seem to be
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 1, 2016
At first you think it's the greatest place on earth. Then the shiny wears off and slowly you realize whats really going on.
The managers play favorites, fortunately for me, I was a favorite and escaped some of the blatant discrimination that goes on.
They also do not pay well - actually, they pay horribly.
Pros
Good location - smaller hospital
Cons
Management practices
Top heavy, management useless
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  pedsMay 9, 2016
The best thing about this place is co workers however the facility is constantly in turmoil with new directors and supervisors that they seem to find in the unskilled idiot section. They groom and promote people that sucked at their job as a nurse so they promote them to a supervisor. The education director was awful in the nursery, the current director in womens services has no idea what they do in the NICU. They give the job to whoever with 'yes' the person above them to death and try to do six jobs at once.
Every good program in the hospital they get rid of and give to untrained unskilled morons.
Accounting people all got replaced by 'parallon' a company owned by HCA that has constant turnover due to ridiculous pay and too much work. Parallon runs the place through credentialing that is required for vendors but costs them thousands per year, way too many contractors with no oversight but their hands are tied when it comes to getting jobs done.
The only thing HCA worries about is paying the top heavy C staff way more than they are worth.
The new 'ethics and compliance' director is an absolute self important arrogant witch with no couth or skills. Way too many layers and redundant upper management with way too little skilled folks actually doing patient care.
The CEO is ok, she at least pretends to care, the staff under her from department heads to supervisors are just useless.
Pros
They are lucky to have skilled people actually taking care of patients.
Cons
nurse manager on up they are idiots, self important and worried about losing their jobs.
Productive and great place to work.
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 23, 2016
Float nurse to Telemetry, Medical, and Surgical. Started with 5 patients but would discharge and had to take admission right away. The day went by quickly. Was a safe place to practice nursing. Most enjoyable was taking care of the patients. Management was great and supported us with safe patient care and listened to suggestions on how to improve patient care experiences. My co-workers were great team members to help with a problem or extra hands when needed.
Pros
Close to home, schedule was flexible, and great co-workers.
Cons
Was very busy. Short breaks and lunch were usally late in the day.
Not really a place to advance
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 14, 2016
I don't recommend working here. I did not feel communication was very good. Its like the typical hospital job-understaffed, stressed out co-workers, and forget taking any kind of break. Training was poor at best. The benefits are nothing great, just average, as is the pay compared to other hospitals in the area.
Pros
pay scale and benefits average
Cons
may not get a lunch break, co workers reluctant to cover for you if needed
Woart CEO ever worked for
Director (Former Employee) –  ThrontonNovember 9, 2015
HCA is a good corporation, but the CEO for this Hospital is very unreasonable and micro manages you to death.

Long work hours and under staffed
Good communication with RN's.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 20, 2015
What I do at work was noted on the above paragraph.

What I learned is to always listen, respect everyone and care for all patients without discrimination and as well as my coworkers.

The hardest part is to work short but it is such a good reward when a patient smiles at you and tells you how good of a job I do.
Pros
Rewards such as free coffee, meals etc.
Cons
Working short of help.
A forward moving facility. .
Full time RT (Current Employee) –  ThorntonOctober 20, 2015
Not the right fit for everyone. Suffering growing pains ramping up to trauma II status. Does have talented Technologists. My favorite part of the job was the patients.
Pros
Variety of work.
Cons
OR scheduling is not followed. Pacs and equipment goes down when it is really needed.
job experience
full time staff nurse (Former Employee) –  ER Denver CoSeptember 14, 2015
I came in as a nurse traveler from Florida and was immediately hired on as full time charge ER nurse when my contract ended. I gained a tremendous amount of experience. after several years the opportunity for growth came up and I took the new position in upper management at Elms Haven.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
working conditions and safety conditions
not a fun position to work
Lab Assistant (Phlebotomy technician) (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 2, 2015
All you do is draw blood during the shift hours. There is no benefit, not much pay raise, and dead end job. There is no future at this job and no upgrade in position. The manager does not work with any of the employee to sort out any kind problems or situation that the employee is facing.
Pros
just busy working
Cons
no life and no money
Where care and compassion happen daily
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ColoradoJune 25, 2014
The nursing staff is a fantastic support for each other as the units get very busy at times. The work is long and exhausting yet very rewarding. Were it not for me personally going through a divorce I would have not left this place of employment.
Pay and benefits
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 14, 2014
Great pay and benefits and 36 hour work week, great to spend time with family
Very busy place
Emergency Department Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 20, 2014
the ER very busy. strong staff and good docs. It's a level 3 trauma center. this hospital is expanding to meet the demands of St anthony north closing.
Pros
staff gets along great
Cons
very busy
working in cilivian world
Tele med/Surgical unit-LPN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 10, 2014
always a learning tool making adjustments from being able to do many procedures and now limited to few.
Pros
make difference in my patients life
Cons
never enough time to spend with patients
Development
MST (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 31, 2013
A North Suburban I worked in Cardiac. This challenged me both physically and mentally which help develop and hone my skills as a tech.
Great volunteer experiance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  thornton,coMay 15, 2013
I helped out at the front desk and the lab, they were fun and a great learning experience. I learned how to deal with mad or upset people, different places and their locations. Hardest part of the job was when i first started because i didn't know much. i enjoyed the little break we got for dinner and knowing that i was helping people too.
Doesn't provice breaks
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 28, 2012
Does't give telemetry tech breaks other than lunch leaving them to not able to use bathroom facilities until their lunch break.
Nice coworkers, set up not great
RN (Current Employee) –  Thorton, COSeptember 25, 2012
The set up for telemetry room is very poor. Workers don't get lunch or even bathroom breaks most of the time. Set up of telemetry room poor, not ergernomic friendly. Management working on problem? Not very job friendly with employees that have a disability.
Pros
people are friendly for the most part
Cons
lack of breaks, both lunch & bathroom
Proffesional and friendly hospital staff.
Laboratory assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 18, 2012
I work in a fast paced environment. I learn something new everyday, usually on the computer or front desk duties. The people I work with are very enjoyable and hardworking. For me, running the front offfice is the hardest part of the job. You can easily get bombarded with a line of patients that all show up at the sametime. Getting out of the laboratory and drawing blood on inpatients is my favorite part of the job.
Pros
pleasant coworkers.
Cons
sometimes you work without getting a lunch break.
Fun workplace and awesome co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2012
Had a variety of patient ages and was able to learn about different cultures while working with patients.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
poorly managed
Great People
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 14, 2012
I enjoyed working there. I always looked forward to going to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Suburban Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8