North Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 3, 2017
Loved my time at NSMC. Great co-workers and entire staff at hospital is very friendly and everyone is looking to help each other out. Excellent place to work.
Great team, poor pay and management
Critical Care Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 18, 2017
This is a great place for culture in this establishment. Friendly and supportive team, but not as supportive leadership.. Pay is lower, and it is a busy place to be. The work flow is often too stressful for a hospital environment, and typically you run without enough staff or equipment to adequately do the job.
Pros
Great team, decent pay, good culture with staff
Cons
poor leadership, lower pay, stressful environment
love my current job
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, NICU (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 29, 2017
I love my current job, schedule allows for extra jobs. this is a wonderful community hospital. I plan on staying at this hospital unit i retire. I enjoy the under served population I serve.
nsmc
Educator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at NSMC but there wasn't any opportunities to grow. I would have loved to be able to help more on theLD Floor. My director was awesome.
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough mon-fri hours
Friendly workplace and Friendly Employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 14, 2017
Many very friendly employees which allow you to be productive and continuously with others. It allows for you to get to really know other assocatiates.
Caring abot the comunity
Surgical Technician in Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 25, 2017
A good place to work and a caring for the member's of the community. The hospital as a whole is a great place for the
community it serves. The L&D Unit is all new and exceptional with a superior nursing staff.
North Sububan
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 27, 2017
Fun and caring
Learned different type of draws
management was good
Different culture
Negative patient
Getting to interact with patient
Enjoyed my job
This was a hospital that was always in transition when I was there
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 12, 2017
I loved working at NSMC the doctors were enjoyable. Management was always trying to make improve the environment.

I helped to open the 1st Gero-Psych program in Colorado. We had a wonderful team. One of the hardest part of the job was getting people to understand what the program.

I enjoyed the clientele, a unique look at mental health and aging.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
No advancement
Stable
Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 10, 2017
Helping others is most enjoyable
Team playing co-workers and we stay busy
Outside contractors coming in for remodel work, overseeing them was difficult at times
Benefits
Cons
Hard work
great fun CEO
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 22, 2017
loved working here. fun atmosphere.,great boss, great staff. The food was good, fun contests every month and occasional bar b ques
free tickets to Avalanche if you won..
Pros
as above
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Family Atmosphere
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 8, 2016
Great pay. Fun group of professionals to work beside. Young talented executive team! Progressive management! Cons are the amount of work, but the Pros are the amount of work!
Poor pay
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 1, 2016
Great lower management, but upper management believes they don't have to pay us comparably to other facilities bc our benefits (which are standard) are so great (which they aren't). HR higher ups promised significant pay raise to bring us up to where we should be but then failed to do so.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Nice pay as a PRN.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COOctober 5, 2016
I learned how to perform ABG's, nasal swabs, throat cultures, and mastered my smears.

I was singled out to pick up missed draws and difficult sticks.

Management was excellent at micromanaging. Making the work environment near hostile at times.
management lack of communication skills
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 3, 2016
the director and supervisors, at times, do not seem to be on the same page with each other causing confusion in a very busy department. the equipment is old and some are still in use that no longer has support from the manufacturers.
Pros
Cons
short or no breaks
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 20, 2016
This place I like the position, but honestly I try to get diferent position on other range I already get a phlebotomy certificate
Not everything they seem to be
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 1, 2016
At first you think it's the greatest place on earth. Then the shiny wears off and slowly you realize whats really going on.
The managers play favorites, fortunately for me, I was a favorite and escaped some of the blatant discrimination that goes on.
They also do not pay well - actually, they pay horribly.
Pros
Good location - smaller hospital
Cons
Management practices
Top heavy, management useless
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  pedsMay 9, 2016
The best thing about this place is co workers however the facility is constantly in turmoil with new directors and supervisors that they seem to find in the unskilled idiot section. They groom and promote people that sucked at their job as a nurse so they promote them to a supervisor. The education director was awful in the nursery, the current director in womens services has no idea what they do in the NICU. They give the job to whoever with 'yes' the person above them to death and try to do six jobs at once.
Every good program in the hospital they get rid of and give to untrained unskilled morons.
Accounting people all got replaced by 'parallon' a company owned by HCA that has constant turnover due to ridiculous pay and too much work. Parallon runs the place through credentialing that is required for vendors but costs them thousands per year, way too many contractors with no oversight but their hands are tied when it comes to getting jobs done.
The only thing HCA worries about is paying the top heavy C staff way more than they are worth.
The new 'ethics and compliance' director is an absolute self important arrogant witch with no couth or skills. Way too many layers and redundant upper management with way too little skilled folks actually doing patient care.
The CEO is ok, she at least pretends to care, the staff under her from department heads to supervisors are just useless.
Pros
They are lucky to have skilled people actually taking care of patients.
Cons
nurse manager on up they are idiots, self important and worried about losing their jobs.
Productive and great place to work.
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 23, 2016
Float nurse to Telemetry, Medical, and Surgical. Started with 5 patients but would discharge and had to take admission right away. The day went by quickly. Was a safe place to practice nursing. Most enjoyable was taking care of the patients. Management was great and supported us with safe patient care and listened to suggestions on how to improve patient care experiences. My co-workers were great team members to help with a problem or extra hands when needed.
Pros
Close to home, schedule was flexible, and great co-workers.
Cons
Was very busy. Short breaks and lunch were usally late in the day.
Not really a place to advance
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 14, 2016
I don't recommend working here. I did not feel communication was very good. Its like the typical hospital job-understaffed, stressed out co-workers, and forget taking any kind of break. Training was poor at best. The benefits are nothing great, just average, as is the pay compared to other hospitals in the area.
Pros
pay scale and benefits average
Cons
may not get a lunch break, co workers reluctant to cover for you if needed
Woart CEO ever worked for
Director (Former Employee) –  ThrontonNovember 9, 2015
HCA is a good corporation, but the CEO for this Hospital is very unreasonable and micro manages you to death.

Long work hours and under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Suburban Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Suburban Medical Center Reviews by Location