North Texas Food Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Doing a wonderful service for the people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
It is a job for volunteers, giving back to the community. It feels great to be able to help, especially the senior community and the families with small kids
Pros
feeding the needy
Cons
there are no cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Lead Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
I prepared and cooked 10,000 meals a week that were chilled and packaged then sent to different shelters and homeless facilities.
I learned food handling information as well as how to make sure that meals were nutritionally balanced according to certain diets.
I oversaw and was responsible for the preparation as well as the chilling and packaging of the product and the 6 other employees that cooked with me.
The physical part of this job seemed to be the hardest. Although, it was a fun and friendly environment.
I enjoyed and loved knowing that I was helping the community and working side by side with a chef to make sure that people were meeting their nutritional needs.
Pros
i had the chance to learn nutritional balance
Cons
no healthcare
n/a
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
Got the opportunity to work with this great company by helping others in need of help.

Volunteering here has helped me get to know more about myself and how good of an impact I make on other peoples lives.

I did not get paid to volunteer here because in my eyes I feel that you shouldn't have to get paid to make a good impact in someone elses life.

There's not a thing that's hard about volunteering here or anywhere else in general.

The most enjoyable part about volunteering here is knowing that I've helped someone else with good intentions.
Pros
servicing to the community of all races and ages
Great oppurtunity to learn organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2014
Organize the food on the shelves
Help load the trucks and stock can
Productive an Growing Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2014
Mandatory meeting at 7:30 a.m. with all co-workers informing of us of the truck loads for that day. Immediately start unloading and loading up trucks right after. Checking for tags on all loads an making sure to keep a clean and safe environment.
Pros
liked operating forklifts
Cons
not enough over-time hours provided per year.
excellent place to learn about food and How can use it.
Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2013
I work as a Nutrition Instructor volunteer with and excellent bunch of people. I learned a lot about diet of the Hispanic people and how can we make a change in their lives, for example shopping planning at grocery stores, FIFO, cooking, and label read.
Fun work environment, philanthropic by nature
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2012
Working at the North Texas Food Bank as a volunteer was a truly awe-inspiring experience. With the help of good friendly people I was able to package food for families in Dallas that need their next meal to be assured. I would love to work there any time!
Pros
it feels great helping people
Interactive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 20, 2012
helped box food and clothes for those in need
- co workers were kind and helpful
-most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting
- the most enjoyable part of the job was creating boxes for families in need
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
heavy lifting
Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2012
Ok not a great place to work dont receive raises like you suppose to,also trucks use to break down alot but they are like one big family they take care of there people sometie i fill if your a favorite.
Pros
free food and etc..
Cons
pay suck..
Leading nonprofit in the country
Senior Manager of Program Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2012
The North Texas Food Bank is an amazing organization that serves the community very well. Transparency, passion and mission driven are a few key attributes you will find when you interact with any aspect of the organization. I gained so many skills during my time there and grew as a leader, advocate and manager. The management is on par with any top level organization. The hardest part about my job was trying to meet the need within the community. Overall, I enjoyed every aspect of my job and being a part of the organization is life changing.
Pros
annual bonus, birthday pay, staff lunches, holiday and end of year parties, vacation buy back and the excellent benefits package.
Cons
rapid staff growth and not enough facility space.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Texas Food Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

North Texas Food Bank Reviews by Location