North Texas Food Bank

North Texas Food Bank Employer Reviews

n/a
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: servicing to the community of all races and ages
Got the opportunity to work with this great company by helping others in need of help.

Volunteering here has helped me get to know more about myself and how good of an impact I make on other peoples lives.

I did not get paid to volunteer here because in my eyes I feel that you shouldn't have to get paid to make a good impact in someone elses life.

There's – more... not a thing that's hard about volunteering here or anywhere else in general.

The most enjoyable part about volunteering here is knowing that I've helped someone else with good intentions. – less
Great oppurtunity to learn organization
Volunteer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 31, 2014
Organize the food on the shelves
Help load the trucks and stock can
Productive an Growing Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: liked operating forklifts
Cons: not enough over-time hours provided per year.
Mandatory meeting at 7:30 a.m. with all co-workers informing of us of the truck loads for that day. Immediately start unloading and loading up trucks right after. Checking for tags on all loads an making sure to keep a clean and safe environment.
excellent place to learn about food and How can use it.
Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2013
I work as a Nutrition Instructor volunteer with and excellent bunch of people. I learned a lot about diet of the Hispanic people and how can we make a change in their lives, for example shopping planning at grocery stores, FIFO, cooking, and label read.
Fun work environment, philanthropic by nature
Food Prep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2012
Pros: it feels great helping people
Working at the North Texas Food Bank as a volunteer was a truly awe-inspiring experience. With the help of good friendly people I was able to package food for families in Dallas that need their next meal to be assured. I would love to work there any time!
Interactive
Volunteer (Former Employee), Dallas TxAugust 20, 2012
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: heavy lifting
helped box food and clothes for those in need
- co workers were kind and helpful
-most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting
- the most enjoyable part of the job was creating boxes for families in need
Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free food and etc..
Cons: pay suck..
Ok not a great place to work dont receive raises like you suppose to,also trucks use to break down alot but they are like one big family they take care of there people sometie i fill if your a favorite.
Leading nonprofit in the country
Senior Manager of Program Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2012
Pros: annual bonus, birthday pay, staff lunches, holiday and end of year parties, vacation buy back and the excellent benefits package.
Cons: rapid staff growth and not enough facility space.
The North Texas Food Bank is an amazing organization that serves the community very well. Transparency, passion and mission driven are a few key attributes you will find when you interact with any aspect of the organization. I gained so many skills during my time there and grew as a leader, advocate and manager. The management is on par with any top – more... level organization. The hardest part about my job was trying to meet the need within the community. Overall, I enjoyed every aspect of my job and being a part of the organization is life changing. – less