North Texas Job Corps Employee Reviews

A great workplace training envirnoment
Student Trainee (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be me waking up at 6:30 a.m. to be in training by 8. During training we would be an apprentice to our instructor who places us at stations of different training such as drywall, tiles setting, plywood cutting, etc. We would also maintain our campus by responding to work orders of things that needed fixing.
Fun Place with alot of activities
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 4, 2017
Job corps was a fun experience for me. Their was a ton of things to do their plus it provided me with the fundamental credentials I need for a successful career.
Instability
Counselor (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 30, 2017
Contract changes every 3 years and new contractor reduced wages and doubled insurance payments. Job placement based on number of kids present. National office is cutting number of students across the country. Also, google their history and it says enough. No one tells you until you are there.
Pros
Security at the Gate
Cons
No stability and cut throat atmosphere
Joining the Job Corps Family
North Texas Job Corps Employeer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 18, 2017
It was a fun experience to come to Job Corps and learned how to do something with my life and then come back and work for the center that I will missed dearly when I leave
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Loved my job
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 28, 2017
I really loved this job cause I was supervising 22 female students in a dorm, at first it was hard to get them to approve of me but after they did we got along great,they respected me and did there dorm duties sometimes in would have to write a few of them up cause they were not complying to the rules,I really wish there was a job corps here in ft worth cause I would defiantly go back to work there.
Low pay, work wise its fun, always work to be done
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 13, 2017
Working here is pretty exciting there's always work to be done the learning experience is a little challenging but it is what make the training worth it. The pay isn't enough to live off of. But I know down the road I will find that right job in the electrical field.
face paced if you can deal with kids
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 23, 2017
this is a great job if you can deal with kids. i was not so lucky as i could not deal with the kids there. some are really good, but others are always trying to get by or try to cheat the system
Its going down hill
Office Administration Student (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 9, 2017
it has gone down hill. there has been so much drama between students. drugs counterfeit money. you name it. It has probably happened there. The center director was even fired. There is so much I could say negative but it did help if you stayed focused and out of the drama
Rewarding job working with students
Center Director (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with students but staff did not work together as a team and was motivated by their own personal growth and would do whatever it took to make it happen. Staff in some cases were not there to support the students. The hardest part of the job was very long hours that took me away from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and seeing them achieve when they often had come from schools where they had not experienced success.
Pros
students, pay
Cons
staff
Enjoyed The Recreaction Center
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 30, 2016
Overall it was good, wouldn't forget anything about that place but surely would want to advance from there. The experience was the most important thing to me and I feel that's what anyone should enjoy going to any Job Corps.
Pros
Its spacious and the people can be loveable
Cons
not enough activities for the amount of people in one area for long periods of time.
great second chance place to go
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 31, 2016
I would recommend this to someone who needs it but I will also let them know that its not gonna be easy as it seems but it is a great campus to go to if you need to get certifications cause it can help you get a good job or go to college or you can get your high school diploma and you can get your drivers license while you are this campus.
Pros
everything is paid for
Cons
staff
great oppertunity
Student (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 12, 2016
only recommend if you are a goal driven person and focused on whats important since the age range for students on center is 16 to 24 there is a maturity problem, but great opportunities.
Pros
free breakfast lunch and dinner, education, work experience
Cons
unorganized staff
Great place!
Culinary Trainee (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2016
A typical day was spent doing basic training and physical training.

I was trained in security procedures as well as on job site training.

Management for over all campus was not very good but security management was top notch and helpful.

Cadets made the work experience easier and far more enjoyable.

Constant training and leadership duties mad the entire training environment more taxing.

The over all daily routines and relationships with other cadets was the most enjoyable thing that kept us going.
Over all it is a great place if your trying to Star over in a young age
Security (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 19, 2016
I have been in Job Corps for a total of two years. Yes it has been stressful and such but in the end it has paid itself off for the total time I have been in Job Corps.
Pros
Free Living, 3 course meal
Cons
Barely any pay
Great program for at-risk youth
WORK BASED LEARNING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 17, 2016
This program gives young people ages 16 - 24 the chance to receive their high school diploma or GED, employability skills, on-the -job training and are assisted in either college entry or their search for employment.
fun and a helpful place life changing environment
Student-Trainee (Former Employee) –  1701 N Church St, McKinney, TX 75069March 30, 2016
before i attended job corps i didn't have any future goals
i learned a lot at north Texas job corps,the most enjoyable part about north Texas job corps was working with platinum security we got to travel all over north Texas working at events such as the Texas motor speedway Dallas cowboys games and more
Pros
open
was in basic training with other cadets. with part time jobs as where alowed
security cadet corporal (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day was spent doing basic training and physical training.

I was trained in security procedures as well as on job site training.

Cadets made the work experience easier and far more enjoyable.

Pros
free lunch, residential living
Cons
short brakes, low pay
Great diverse invironment that is influencial to further your joumey to success
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Job Corps was very influential and helpful. The normal day consists of getting up in the morning, attend breakfast, then go to trade to build experience.
very fun and enjoyable
Student-Trainee (Current Employee) –  1701 north church stOctober 22, 2015
fun workplace with great staff . Teachers and students get alone very well ,they also have a lot activities games , and all of the above .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
good place to go and learn one day at a time.
security trainee (Former Employee) –  mc'kinney texasJune 23, 2015
job crop had ups and downs but overall it was a good place to be. We had to work/attend class Monday-Friday. we had 3 meals a day. also I took over 116 test and past all of them.
Pros
working, learning.
Cons
we had to leave and see the same people everyday for 6 mouths.