North Texas Tollway Authority Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun
CS-Representative II (Former Employee) –  plano,txJuly 31, 2015
a typical day at work was great learned how to interact with customers management was great coworkers incredible hardest part of job was having to take phone calls, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to communicate with my coworkers
Pros
daily activities
Cons
401 k benefits
i wouldnt refer anyone to this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 16, 2015
This place is so screwed up. The policies change OFTEN and youre not really given any clue as to why so when customers ask questions youre left to make up an answer on the spot by yourself. They make stupid changes without even speaking with employees first to get their input on whether or not it will be a good or bad change. A lot of customers are being ripped off and they dont even know it. Its a fast paced call center with little to no breaks in between calls the entire shift. You have shift bids typically every 4 months or so. The work they expect you to do doesnt correspond with the pay.
Pros
free tolls and benefits, alot of over time offered
Cons
micro manage, a lot of policy changes, they only interact with employees through emails and not meetings
Pay Rate did not match the hard work there.
Customer Support Specialist - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2012
The pay was to low for how hard you had to work. HR would tell you one pay, but when you start the job it would be lower. They would hire you as part time that way they would not have to pay you for benefits. I didn't learn much, because i had much more experience and they would not try to place me in a department with my experience. Management was nice for the most part and the people to. I would have like to stay with the company, but the pay was 8 times below what i was use to making. It would have taken years to get close to that pay.
Pros
co-workers and some managers.
Cons
pay rate was very low.
Call Center Processes are outdated
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plno, TexasOctober 5, 2015
Not well thought out plans for a successful Call Center. Processes are outdated. Processes are not consistent. Made as you go.
Pros
Government Entity- Lots of days off
Cons
Need Better management
interesting and fun environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TexasDecember 5, 2014
awesome team players, peer appreciation, meeting interesting people, customer service position allows me to help a person
Pros
job security and good benefits
Cons
department management
Better now since the horrible management has been replaced
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasMay 26, 2015
Great place to work since some management changes have been made. Great work life balance. There is a small amount of OT required during month end close.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Still some bad apples in management that need to be removed
Good place to work.
employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 3, 2013
I liked this organization. Benefits good, especially vacation time. Training was also widely available, so you could have opportunities to grow your skill set.
This organization is a good place to work if you want to professionally grow over the long term, and value having a good retirement plan over the best salary.
Pros
vacation time.
Cons
no cons that i can think of.
Great place
Senior Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2014
Great retirement Plans and benefits. Two different retirement plans.Great hours.
Pros
exceptional benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Glass half full/ half empty
System Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Working here could be great if it wasnt for management. One of the great things is that they promote from within providing your qualified. The flip side is that when you get promoted, and you have not had any development or growth, you tend to maintain the mindset you had in the previous position instead of enhancing your thinking.

One of the issues is that the people who were in position when the company was small are in greater positions as the company has grown, however they continue to operate in a small business manner.

The work was relatively easy because there are resources available to assist you, training was provided also.
I enjoy the maintenance work that I do each night.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 8, 2015
On a typical work night, I could be sweeping the roads, fixing guardrail, crash cushions, or fixing pot holes. I have also had the responsibility of training others and helping them learn the procedures of the Tollway and helping them learn general maintenance. I enjoy the work I do and take pride in knowing that I am making the roads a safer place. The hardest part about the job is working at nights out on the roadway with limited site for the drivers, as well as knowing, some drivers like to purposely get close to you while you are working on the road way.
Pros
Working outside, not in an office, Working 4-10 hour days/nights.
Cons
Work a 10 hour shift, working at night and being away from my family.
Non-Stop Customer Service
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  fort worth texasMarch 25, 2015
Walking into work and there are at least 3 customers waiting for the doors to be opened. My co-workers greet me with a hello/good morning and a smile on everyones face. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people and helping them get a better prospective of their bill. The hardest part of my job would be that although you explain what the issue is with the customer, sometimes they are never satisfied with the answer.
Pros
discounted toll tag
Cons
working hours
Fast-paced work environment
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2014
Fast paced environment where strong organization and multi-tasking skills are highly favored. I learned a vast knowledge of procurement in IT, Customer Service, Communications, and Governmental Affairs purchases. Management was constantly evolving as I worked under four Direct Reports with my tenure. My co-workers were knowlegeable, skilled, and team-oriented. The hardest part was the inconsistency of management in regards to overall direction of Procurement Department. My most enjoyable part of job was the procurement staff who pulled together through the challenging times to continuously provide great procurement processes and exhibiting excellent customer service to internal departments and vendors.
Pros
employee toll tag
Helping people pay their tolls.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 22, 2015
A typical day includes collecting tolls and setting up toll accounts. Also pay arrangements for unusually high tolls. The hardest part was advising that accounts had been sent to JP courts, but enjoyed helping customers with past dues accounts.
Pros
free toll tags
Cons
distance to work place
Very productive work environent.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Very busy my report writing skills improved. Management and co-workers were helpful sometime. The hardest part of the job sitting for long hours.
Pros
short lunches.
Cons
we didn't have a break room.
It was a Great Job
VAULT TELLER (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TxFebruary 21, 2015
One of the best jobs I ever had the pay was GOOD and the Management treated u like professionals. I worked there for almost 6 yrs.
Friendly, Fequent reorgs
Budget Coordinator, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 11, 2014
Working with departments in relation to their budgets. I learned to use Hyperion for entering the budget and Acrobat Pro to compile the budget books. My managers were easy to work for and very helpful. The co-workers were compatible and helpful. The most enjoyable was working for my direct supervisors, the other departments, and with the other divisions in the finance department. The hardest part of the job was crunch time finalizing the budget and getting it compiled and printed because of the short turnaround.
Pros
we always had a fun day on the last friday of the month wheneveryone brought a dish.
Cons
the hardest part of the job was the reorgs which created tension in the department
Temp Position
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2012
I really enjoyed the work, and the management, however there wasnt any real job security, although I got this job through an agency, there were no offers of permanent employment
Excellent company
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 25, 2014
Excellent company but lacking room for internal advancement.
Productive and fun work environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 29, 2014
Great place to work.Management is great. Great place to help people.
Booth owner service specialist
BOOTH OWNER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 7, 2013
Loved the job...
Worked three years their then we were replaced with machines....
All booth owners specialist lost their jobs...
Pros
good to excellent job to have until jobs ended!
Cons
good to excellent job to have until jobs ended!