North Texas Tollway Authority

North Texas Tollway Authority Employer Reviews

Glass half full/ half empty
System Support Analyst III (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Working here could be great if it wasnt for management. One of the great things is that they promote from within providing your qualified. The flip side is that when you get promoted, and you have not had any development or growth, you tend to maintain the mindset you had in the previous position instead of enhancing your thinking.

One of the issues is that the people who were in position when the company was small are in greater positions as the company has grown, however they continue to operate in a small business manner.

The work was relatively easy because there are resources available to assist you, training was provided also.
interesting and fun environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TexasDecember 5, 2014
Pros: job security and good benefits
Cons: department management
awesome team players, peer appreciation, meeting interesting people, customer service position allows me to help a person
Very productive work environent.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: short lunches.
Cons: we didn't have a break room.
Very busy my report writing skills improved. Management and co-workers were helpful sometime. The hardest part of the job sitting for long hours.
Excellent company
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 25, 2014
Excellent company but lacking room for internal advancement.
Great place
Senior Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: exceptional benefits
Cons: lack of advancement
Great retirement Plans and benefits. Two different retirement plans.Great hours.
Productive and positive place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 6, 2014
North Texas Tollway Authority is a very fun and exciting place to work.
it has its ups and downs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 6, 2014
its really not fun working for a company that scams customers
Productive and fun work environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 29, 2014
Great place to work.Management is great. Great place to help people.
Stable company with very friendly staff
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: convenient location
Cons: no work out facility
Recruting for wonderful people
I enjoy the work and processes
My co-workers are awesome
Friendly Employees, Great Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 5, 2014
Pros: free tolls to work
Cons: employess get no backbone
I love going to work. The employees are so nice and respectful. Its like we are all family. I get GREAT feedback from the customer I help everyday.
Fast-paced work environment
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: employee toll tag
Fast paced environment where strong organization and multi-tasking skills are highly favored. I learned a vast knowledge of procurement in IT, Customer Service, Communications, and Governmental Affairs purchases. Management was constantly evolving as I worked under four Direct Reports with my tenure. My co-workers were knowlegeable, skilled, and team-oriented. The hardest part was the inconsistency of management in regards to overall direction of Procurement Department. My most enjoyable part of job was the procurement staff who pulled together through the challenging times to continuously provide great procurement processes and exhibiting excellent customer service to internal departments and vendors.
Friendly, Fequent reorgs
Budget Coordinator, Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: we always had a fun day on the last friday of the month wheneveryone brought a dish.
Cons: the hardest part of the job was the reorgs which created tension in the department
Working with departments in relation to their budgets. I learned to use Hyperion for entering the budget and Acrobat Pro to compile the budget books. My managers were easy to work for and very helpful. The co-workers were compatible and helpful. The most enjoyable was working for my direct supervisors, the other departments, and with the other divisions in the finance department. The hardest part of the job was crunch time finalizing the budget and getting it compiled and printed because of the short turnaround.
Good place to work.
employee (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: vacation time.
Cons: no cons that i can think of.
I liked this organization. Benefits good, especially vacation time. Training was also widely available, so you could have opportunities to grow your skill set.
This organization is a good place to work if you want to professionally grow over the long term, and value having a good retirement plan over the best salary.
good people
Enterprise Application Lead Support Analyst (Current Employee), plano txJuly 5, 2013
good coworkers to work with each department is like a family.
No room for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 29, 2013
I'd only work here until you're able to work where you really want to work.
Great team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 8, 2012
Pros: free tolltag!
They keep up a really fun, team atmosphere. The supervisors don't have power trips, it was great. I really enjoyed working there, aside from a few rude customers, it was a very easy job
Temp Position
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 14, 2012
I really enjoyed the work, and the management, however there wasnt any real job security, although I got this job through an agency, there were no offers of permanent employment
Pay Rate did not match the hard work there.
Customer Support Specialist - Contractor (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: co-workers and some managers.
Cons: pay rate was very low.
The pay was to low for how hard you had to work. HR would tell you one pay, but when you start the job it would be lower. They would hire you as part time that way they would not have to pay you for benefits. I didn't learn much, because i had much more experience and they would not try to place me in a department with my experience. Management was nice for the most part and the people to. I would have like to stay with the company, but the pay was 8 times below what i was use to making. It would have taken years to get close to that pay.

About North Texas Tollway Authority

The North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) operates a toll system consisting of about 90 miles of roadway. Facilities include the – Read more