North Vista Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed potluck everyday there was always food
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2016
Provide nursing care to pts and families. Assess pts, deliver treatment , monitor the condition of pts and provide help and care for the families undergoing treatment. What I learned is my ability to communicate with pts, doctors. My most enjoyable part is providing help and care fro the families of those undergoing treatment
Pros
working 3 days a week 12 hour shifts
Cons
you are on feet all the time
Busy hospital
Externship completed for Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Dealt with geriatric patients with mental issues that we had to draw blood from. Easily had 25 patients to draw several vials each and under a tight time restraint.

I learned how to be confident in drawing blood.

Management was not involved in anything when it came to externships.

There was only one co-worker that was helpful in teaching me anything worth learning.

There was a lot of gossip and backstabbing. That was hard to deal with.

The patients were the best part of the job.
Pros
Externs recieved free lunch, breakfast or dinner.
Cons
Very short breaks and a lot of patients expected to be done in a short time frame.
Great coworkers
Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
I really enjoy my job and the people that I work with. I have the ability to be self managed and really take ownership of my work. It is very gratifying.
great staff to work with
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2015
I had a great working relationship with coworkers. Worked 60% of time in OR the rest in dept or on portables. Pay was not great but I had a really good shift and enjoyed my job there. The company sold us out, literally, then sold the hospital 6 months later. 35 people lost there jobs for nothing. I have enjoyed time off but it is time to get back to work.
Pros
shift, coworkers
Cons
company we worked for not as loyal as we were.
Work Ethic different
Financial Councilor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2015
Work ethic is mediocre, not used to this culture, management a little laid back and slow turn around for concerns of employees.
Pros
opportunity to become credentialed trainer
North Vista is like family.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
It is an awesome place to work. Fun work place with supportive management. The years I spent working there I always felt like I was working with my family.
Great experience to build career
RRT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2014
Working in a hospital setting is a great experience. You learn many new things, some good and some not so good. You hold on to the good experiences to help you get through the harder ones. I had many co-workers in the hospital, you learn to work with all types of people. The hardest part of the job is it is non stop some days. Some days you run all day and don't stop. But if you look at it in a positive way, it makes your day go by faster.
be careful
CNA. float pool (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
I worked here for about 5 months management is rude and disrespectful the coworkers are back stabbers and won't help you and the patience are dangerous they will attack you and it takes to long for security to reach you to help if you're thinking about working here don't if you value your life .
Challenging workplace
Medical Lab Technologist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJanuary 13, 2015
I have been employed here for 17+ years. It is challenging and motivating. Management has frequently changed and you must learn to go with the flow as policies change. Our lab is a multi-cultural workplace and language barriers can often impact work quality. I enjoy the pace and the challenges that I am presented with on a daily basis.
Wish I would have never left
STAFF AND CHARGE RN (Former Employee) –  North Las VegasDecember 31, 2014
I believe this is the facility and atmosphere that truly built my confidence in being the nurse I am today. I am proud to have been associated with the facility and am happy to report that I made life long friends. The work ethics I gained by working here can never be replaced.
Pros
everything
Very productive and fun place to work
Comm Ins NV Medicaid, biller, & Ins follow up Rep. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
North Vista Hospital was home. Very productive fun place to work, all employees including managers, worked together as a team and family. It is unfortunate that the Business office was moved to Arizona.
Pros
many thank you for the good job and just because and holiday lunches.
Being able to learn data entry and decide to go back to school for medical assistant.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2013
I enjoyed working in the Hospital and learning about data entry and customer service. I learned how to scan medical charts into the computer and assisted doctor's with their medical charts. I learned how to multi-task at front-desk, answered phones, filing completed charts, and assisted customers. The team was a great team to work with, we all got along well and everyone was very helpful with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so many things and learning all the computer skills and being able to help customer's and doctors.
Positive work environment. Encouraged strong customer service between patients, staff, physicians and visitors.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2012
- Many employee resources on the hospital intranet.
- Days always busy giving a feeling of productivity
- Learned many new computer skills, particularly data entry systems
- Excellent leadership in all patient care and ancillary departments
- Employees for the most part promoted an environment of team work
- Hardest part of job was dealing with angry physicians or patients
- Enjoyed all my coworkers tremendously
Pros
lots of employee activities
Cons
long working hours often
Having the experiences to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2012
The typical day at work when it's busy.

I'v learned to clean my station at all time and provide customers with napkins, drinks, and food and keeping customers satisfied.

Management said " i was self motivated, team player, and honest/patients" i was the employee of the MONTH.

Co-workers loved the way how i respect my customers like if they were my parents.

Hardest part of the job was washing the dishes and sweeping off all the food under the table.

Last, the most enjoyable part of this job was having the opportunity to work here in North Vista Hospital.
Pros
plenty of customers
Cons
customers leaving a mess.
Great place for more learning experiences and challenges
Echo technologist (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2013
this place could be considered as box of surprises for a echo tech of ultrasound for the multiple exposure to rarely seen diseases or congenital malformattions as a tech was really good experience that you get to see on a daily basis unfortunally I was on Per Diem tech and rarelly been call but was really good experience.
Pros
enjoy the opportunity to help other people and feel that i did good
Cons
didnt get the chance to be on full time employed and or work more hours
Employment
LPN/Anesthesia tech (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2012
Tends to accept favortisem in the work place. Tends to not rate employee on merit, but on Directors favorite instead. Tends to place unneeded stress on those who carry the dept. vs social friends who work within the dept. No loyalty to long term employee's. Facility was great to work for when it was under prior leadership. Moral and employee feeling of working as a team is no longer there.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lack of good leadership
Great place to work if you like helping appreciative people.
Hospital Security and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2012
Assisting patients, visitors and staff in a hospital situation can be very gratifying. Lots of mentally challenge adults in our psych unit which calls for patience. Good learning experience.
Pros
small hospital and medical offices to patrol made it easy.
Cons
existing coroners office with examines of the decease not my favorite job.
Working for jekyll and hyde
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2013
A place where your opinion does not matter, A place where you have no voice and won't be heard. A place where your not valued and or appreciated.
A place where your co workers can hide, sleep and generally not do there job and get away with it.
A very dirty property inside and out. Many complaints by patients, staff and visitors. On the job injuries on a regular basis.
Hours constantly cut or changed. Split days off for extended periods of well over a year. Poor scheduling skills.
Cafetria eliminated for the grave shift staff.
Company vehicles that are dangerous and unsafe to operate.
Very dangerous working conditions regarding pysch patient's, resulting in staff injuries. Staff carry no means of protection.
Excess of politics.
Pros
employee of the month
Cons
risk of infection, risk of on the job injury. weak management.
it's a great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2014
every day was an adventure and definitely,i learned something new every day,the patient behavior and how managed the situation,we all had to work as a team,that was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was when the pt.attacks you physically.
North Vista Hospital
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2012
The people that work there are the best. The leadership is weak, Many days attempted to give patient care with missing supplies and limited specialty MDs and services. The environment is dirty and equipment is not available. Very heavy work load usually short staffed.
Pros
the bedside caregivers
Cons
lack of resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Vista Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.