North Vista Hospital

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
NA
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day was very busy. I learned something new everyday I worked. Management was management. Learned not to trust any co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the people who gossiped all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients out and going home to my children.
Very busy Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (BSN, MSN (Leadership) (Current Employee), N. Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2014
The Emergency Department is very busy. Often has to hold patients for days in the ED due to lack of beds available on the floors.
Friendly work enviroment
Director of Case Management (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2013
Great group of people to work with. I have learned to be very flexible and have learned a great deal.
Excellent place to work
Director of Cardiology (Current Employee), 1409 E lake MeadDecember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long days
The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I lead !!!
Administration is fair
Staff really care about the patient
north vista
Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2013
It is okay place to work. if you want to succeed in the company that is not a plus, it's all about knowing someone to get ahead
Great work experience
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2013
Overall great experience. Lack of leadership, all department leaders showed favortizim to certain employees'.
good staff and benifits for staff
LPN floor nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good benifits, nice cooworkers
worked there twenty one years in several departments. Very nice hospital to work for. Good opportunity for growing
Working for jekyll and hyde
Security Officer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2013
Pros: employee of the month
Cons: risk of infection, risk of on the job injury. weak management.
A place where your opinion does not matter, A place where you have no voice and won't be heard. A place where your not valued and or appreciated.
A place where your co workers can hide, sleep and generally not do there job and get away with it.
A very dirty property inside and out. Many complaints by patients, staff and visitors. On the job injuries – more... on a regular basis.
Hours constantly cut or changed. Split days off for extended periods of well over a year. Poor scheduling skills.
Cafetria eliminated for the grave shift staff.
Company vehicles that are dangerous and unsafe to operate.
Very dangerous working conditions regarding pysch patient's, resulting in staff injuries. Staff carry no means of protection.
Excess of politics. – less
Being able to learn data entry and decide to go back to school for medical assistant.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2013
I enjoyed working in the Hospital and learning about data entry and customer service. I learned how to scan medical charts into the computer and assisted doctor's with their medical charts. I learned how to multi-task at front-desk, answered phones, filing completed charts, and assisted customers. The team was a great team to work with, we all got along – more... well and everyone was very helpful with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so many things and learning all the computer skills and being able to help customer's and doctors. – less
Great place for more learning experiences and challenges
Echo technologist (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2013
Pros: enjoy the opportunity to help other people and feel that i did good
Cons: didnt get the chance to be on full time employed and or work more hours
this place could be considered as box of surprises for a echo tech of ultrasound for the multiple exposure to rarely seen diseases or congenital malformattions as a tech was really good experience that you get to see on a daily basis unfortunally I was on Per Diem tech and rarelly been call but was really good experience.
Great plce to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2012
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: needed more time in the day to continue working
I learned from all the staff. Very positive place to work at.
Employment
LPN/Anesthesia tech (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: lack of good leadership
Tends to accept favortisem in the work place. Tends to not rate employee on merit, but on Directors favorite instead. Tends to place unneeded stress on those who carry the dept. vs social friends who work within the dept. No loyalty to long term employee's. Facility was great to work for when it was under prior leadership. Moral and employee feeling – more... of working as a team is no longer there. – less
Eh
Imaging Tech (Former Employee), North Las VegasOctober 28, 2012
Cons: unlicensed personnel
Poorly managed dept. cannot decide what women's services they want to offer or axe. Constantly hiring and laying off staff in order to meet needs of corporate.
Having the experiences to work
Busser (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: plenty of customers
Cons: customers leaving a mess.
The typical day at work when it's busy.

I'v learned to clean my station at all time and provide customers with napkins, drinks, and food and keeping customers satisfied.

Management said " i was self motivated, team player, and honest/patients" i was the employee of the MONTH.

Co-workers loved the way how i respect my customers like if they were my – more... parents.

Hardest part of the job was washing the dishes and sweeping off all the food under the table.

Last, the most enjoyable part of this job was having the opportunity to work here in North Vista Hospital. – less
Positive work environment. Encouraged strong customer service between patients, staff, physicians and visitors.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: lots of employee activities
Cons: long working hours often
- Many employee resources on the hospital intranet.
- Days always busy giving a feeling of productivity
- Learned many new computer skills, particularly data entry systems
- Excellent leadership in all patient care and ancillary departments
- Employees for the most part promoted an environment of team work
- Hardest part of job was dealing with angry – more... physicians or patients
- Enjoyed all my coworkers tremendously – less
Productive /Fun place to work
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Las VegasJune 20, 2012
A typical day would start with admitting surgery patients, then move to ER to register patients.
Great place to work if you like helping appreciative people.
Hospital Security and Safety Officer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2012
Pros: small hospital and medical offices to patrol made it easy.
Cons: existing coroners office with examines of the decease not my favorite job.
Assisting patients, visitors and staff in a hospital situation can be very gratifying. Lots of mentally challenge adults in our psych unit which calls for patience. Good learning experience.
Disappointing overall
Gero Psych RN (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2012
My Manager was terminated 2 weeks after she terminated me.

I feel I was wrongfully terminated, as evidenced by the fact that I won the Appeal when Unemployment was initially denied.
North Vista Hospital
Charge RN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2012
Pros: the bedside caregivers
Cons: lack of resources
The people that work there are the best. The leadership is weak, Many days attempted to give patient care with missing supplies and limited specialty MDs and services. The environment is dirty and equipment is not available. Very heavy work load usually short staffed.