North Vista Hospital Employee Reviews

productive
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
My Director is very good. She help you learn and available to improve your skills and knowledge. I like working with her.The work environment is very friendly, we basically know each other and the teamwork are wonderful.
They allow pets in the cafateria
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2017
Try to keep your answer realistic rather than describing a perfect situation. A real example of a recent day is more powerful than a generic 'typical' day. Include difficulties and how you overcome them. Show your enthusiasm and dedication. Show how you work well in a team of people.
North Vista Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2017
well what can I say? The company was bought out by a Bigger company and many Management Changes, But I believe for the better but many people come and many go.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
cenuses are low you get called off, manegement change all the time.
ER admitting taught me something new everyday.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2016
Reviewing patients records, updating , verification of all insurance, collecting copays. Worked with a lot of staff high stressed environment . i enjoyed the fast pace of the ER. Management was always there to show us new soft where available for insurance verification. Being a team and working well with others was something I learned that was the most beneficial to me.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
far from my home, pay
Great coworkers
Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
I really enjoy my job and the people that I work with. I have the ability to be self managed and really take ownership of my work. It is very gratifying.
Very Busy
Collector (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
New Business Office , great co workers,lots to learn, interesting processes, learned new systems, hardest part of the job was some things were inconsistent
I enjoyed potluck everyday there was always food
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2016
Provide nursing care to pts and families. Assess pts, deliver treatment , monitor the condition of pts and provide help and care for the families undergoing treatment. What I learned is my ability to communicate with pts, doctors. My most enjoyable part is providing help and care fro the families of those undergoing treatment
Pros
working 3 days a week 12 hour shifts
Cons
you are on feet all the time
Busy hospital
Externship completed for Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Dealt with geriatric patients with mental issues that we had to draw blood from. Easily had 25 patients to draw several vials each and under a tight time restraint.

I learned how to be confident in drawing blood.

Management was not involved in anything when it came to externships.

There was only one co-worker that was helpful in teaching me anything worth learning.

There was a lot of gossip and backstabbing. That was hard to deal with.

The patients were the best part of the job.
Pros
Externs recieved free lunch, breakfast or dinner.
Cons
Very short breaks and a lot of patients expected to be done in a short time frame.
Work Ethic different
Financial Councilor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2015
Work ethic is mediocre, not used to this culture, management a little laid back and slow turn around for concerns of employees.
Pros
opportunity to become credentialed trainer
great staff to work with
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2015
I had a great working relationship with coworkers. Worked 60% of time in OR the rest in dept or on portables. Pay was not great but I had a really good shift and enjoyed my job there. The company sold us out, literally, then sold the hospital 6 months later. 35 people lost there jobs for nothing. I have enjoyed time off but it is time to get back to work.
Pros
shift, coworkers
Cons
company we worked for not as loyal as we were.
North Vista is like family.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
It is an awesome place to work. Fun work place with supportive management. The years I spent working there I always felt like I was working with my family.
be careful
CNA. float pool (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
I worked here for about 5 months management is rude and disrespectful the coworkers are back stabbers and won't help you and the patience are dangerous they will attack you and it takes to long for security to reach you to help if you're thinking about working here don't if you value your life .
Challenging workplace
Medical Lab Technologist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryJanuary 13, 2015
I have been employed here for 17+ years. It is challenging and motivating. Management has frequently changed and you must learn to go with the flow as policies change. Our lab is a multi-cultural workplace and language barriers can often impact work quality. I enjoy the pace and the challenges that I am presented with on a daily basis.
Wish I would have never left
STAFF AND CHARGE RN (Former Employee) –  North Las VegasDecember 31, 2014
I believe this is the facility and atmosphere that truly built my confidence in being the nurse I am today. I am proud to have been associated with the facility and am happy to report that I made life long friends. The work ethics I gained by working here can never be replaced.
Pros
everything
Cons
Great experience to build career
RRT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2014
Working in a hospital setting is a great experience. You learn many new things, some good and some not so good. You hold on to the good experiences to help you get through the harder ones. I had many co-workers in the hospital, you learn to work with all types of people. The hardest part of the job is it is non stop some days. Some days you run all day and don't stop. But if you look at it in a positive way, it makes your day go by faster.
it's a great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2014
every day was an adventure and definitely,i learned something new every day,the patient behavior and how managed the situation,we all had to work as a team,that was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was when the pt.attacks you physically.
Very productive and fun place to work
Comm Ins NV Medicaid, biller, & Ins follow up Rep. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
North Vista Hospital was home. Very productive fun place to work, all employees including managers, worked together as a team and family. It is unfortunate that the Business office was moved to Arizona.
Pros
Many thank you for the good job and just because and holiday lunches.
grate experience
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2014
I was able to get a lot of experience. at 4 in the morning to 12;30 in the afternoon enjoyed every moment.
Pros
i had loads of fun
Cons
it was only for 120 hours
North Vista Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2014
As a volunteer I stocked medical supplies in various rooms. I also retrieved items as needed for staff members.
fun work place to work at,friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  N. Las Vegas,NVMay 8, 2014
A fun workplace,nurses are very nice,management is ok,my co-workers are nice to me,that hardest part-of the job is when all doctors are in the hospital ordering all kind of stuff,like sometimes we don't get lunch breaks.
Pros
work is not that hard
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Vista Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

North Vista Hospital Reviews by Location