North Vista Hospital

North Vista Hospital Employee Reviews

Challenging workplace
Medical Lab Technologist/Supervisor (Current Employee), LaboratoryJanuary 13, 2015
I have been employed here for 17+ years. It is challenging and motivating. Management has frequently changed and you must learn to go with the flow as policies change. Our lab is a multi-cultural workplace and language barriers can often impact work quality. I enjoy the pace and the challenges that I am presented with on a daily basis.
Wish I would have never left
STAFF AND CHARGE RN (Former Employee), North Las VegasDecember 31, 2014
Pros: everything
I believe this is the facility and atmosphere that truly built my confidence in being the nurse I am today. I am proud to have been associated with the facility and am happy to report that I made life long friends. The work ethics I gained by working here can never be replaced.
Great experience to build career
RRT (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2014
Working in a hospital setting is a great experience. You learn many new things, some good and some not so good. You hold on to the good experiences to help you get through the harder ones. I had many co-workers in the hospital, you learn to work with all types of people. The hardest part of the job is it is non stop some days. Some days you run all day and don't stop. But if you look at it in a positive way, it makes your day go by faster.
it's a great place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2014
every day was an adventure and definitely,i learned something new every day,the patient behavior and how managed the situation,we all had to work as a team,that was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was when the pt.attacks you physically.
Very productive and fun place to work
Comm Ins NV Medicaid, biller, & Ins follow up Rep. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
Pros: many thank you for the good job and just because and holiday lunches.
North Vista Hospital was home. Very productive fun place to work, all employees including managers, worked together as a team and family. It is unfortunate that the Business office was moved to Arizona.
grate experience
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i had loads of fun
Cons: it was only for 120 hours
I was able to get a lot of experience. at 4 in the morning to 12;30 in the afternoon enjoyed every moment.
North Vista Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2014
As a volunteer I stocked medical supplies in various rooms. I also retrieved items as needed for staff members.
fun work place to work at,friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), N. Las Vegas,NVMay 8, 2014
Pros: work is not that hard
Cons: job security
A fun workplace,nurses are very nice,management is ok,my co-workers are nice to me,that hardest part-of the job is when all doctors are in the hospital ordering all kind of stuff,like sometimes we don't get lunch breaks.
Acute care hospital
CNA (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: managerial leadership
The employees were great to work with but the management staff were not friendly and the leadership was transactional which lowered moral throughout the company.
North Vista
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
More to come.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
NA
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day was very busy. I learned something new everyday I worked. Management was management. Learned not to trust any co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the people who gossiped all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients out and going home to my children.
Very busy Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (BSN, MSN (Leadership) (Current Employee), N. Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2014
The Emergency Department is very busy. Often has to hold patients for days in the ED due to lack of beds available on the floors.
Friendly work enviroment
Director of Case Management (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2013
Great group of people to work with. I have learned to be very flexible and have learned a great deal.
Excellent place to work
Director of Cardiology (Current Employee), 1409 E lake MeadDecember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long days
The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I lead !!!
Administration is fair
Staff really care about the patient
north vista
Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2013
It is okay place to work. if you want to succeed in the company that is not a plus, it's all about knowing someone to get ahead
Great work experience
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2013
Overall great experience. Lack of leadership, all department leaders showed favortizim to certain employees'.
good staff and benifits for staff
LPN floor nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good benifits, nice cooworkers
worked there twenty one years in several departments. Very nice hospital to work for. Good opportunity for growing
Working for jekyll and hyde
Security Officer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2013
Pros: employee of the month
Cons: risk of infection, risk of on the job injury. weak management.
A place where your opinion does not matter, A place where you have no voice and won't be heard. A place where your not valued and or appreciated.
A place where your co workers can hide, sleep and generally not do there job and get away with it.
A very dirty property inside and out. Many complaints by patients, staff and visitors. On the job injuries on a regular basis.
Hours constantly cut or changed. Split days off for extended periods of well over a year. Poor scheduling skills.
Cafetria eliminated for the grave shift staff.
Company vehicles that are dangerous and unsafe to operate.
Very dangerous working conditions regarding pysch patient's, resulting in staff injuries. Staff carry no means of protection.
Excess of politics.
Being able to learn data entry and decide to go back to school for medical assistant.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2013
I enjoyed working in the Hospital and learning about data entry and customer service. I learned how to scan medical charts into the computer and assisted doctor's with their medical charts. I learned how to multi-task at front-desk, answered phones, filing completed charts, and assisted customers. The team was a great team to work with, we all got along well and everyone was very helpful with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so many things and learning all the computer skills and being able to help customer's and doctors.
Great place for more learning experiences and challenges
Echo technologist (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2013
Pros: enjoy the opportunity to help other people and feel that i did good
Cons: didnt get the chance to be on full time employed and or work more hours
this place could be considered as box of surprises for a echo tech of ultrasound for the multiple exposure to rarely seen diseases or congenital malformattions as a tech was really good experience that you get to see on a daily basis unfortunally I was on Per Diem tech and rarelly been call but was really good experience.

About North Vista Hospital

For half a century, residents of North Las Vegas have turned to North Vista Hospital for healthcare. As the needs of the community – Read more

North Vista Hospital Salaries